Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

There are rumblings on Twitter that CBT2 keys went out to fansites today, so get ready to hunt for them in the next few days. Some of them gave out CBT1 keys to the first people to click so finding them somewhat promptly is important. I haven't spotted any like that yet though, just the bullshit contests.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Alexander DeLarge posted:

Post links if you find any.
Well, I found one but it already ran out, and it was only posted like four hours ago. Ugh.

http://www.mmogames.com/giveaways/black-desert-online-cbt2-key-giveaway/

Could try this raffle but you have to add crap for entries.

https://gleam.io/68vVY/black-desert-cbt2-key-giveaway

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Polegrinder posted:

So I snagged a beta key from that website giveaway linked earlier. First, I'm concerned my computer will be able to run this game smoothly with my poo poo GPU. Second, is this another BnS like game, with lots of flash and no content? I love the combat in BnS and this game looks to improve upon that greatly, but if there is nothing to do at max level except PvP then I want to stay far away. I'm considering giving away the key if this is going to be a poo poo tier game. Thanks

Word is it will be a stupid grind to the soft cap and even stupider after that, but there are plenty of side distractions like collecting nodes and buildings, working on conversation relationships and other crafting type poo poo.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

There's an 'energy' mechanic that replenishes over time which you need for a lot of the crafting type things, so playing non-stop can actually be detrimental there. But it sort of remains to be seen how much anyone gives a drat about that crafting and whether you'll find it interesting is anyone's guess. For what it's worth I think all the various systems make an intriguing package but also a bit overwhelming. That will probably be your first reaction, an overload of poo poo going on, then you have to try and figure out what out of the mess is actually not pointless. Even the UI is kind of a mess with crap everywhere to be honest.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Already down to 2000 so get on this fast.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Seanzor posted:

This looks like a phishing scam. Specifically, that site's link to the Black Desert site takes you to an mmozone.com page that is made to look like the Black Desert website. Caution.
I didn't log in through the gameitems.com site, I only gave them a (disposable) email and had to click a verification email to get the key. So just don't log in from their page I guess.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

My hope is that the goons who end up running the guild don't jerk off about how much better they are than pubbies
It's okay, Drinkfist will more than make up for it by being better than everyone

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

that sounds awful for me and the people I'd lead
so it's unanimous then, you're it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

So what emotion is :eonwe: supposed to represent? I don't want to misuse it

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

:allears:

I can't wait to deal with some of these people

this guy is mad at someone for wanting to start a guild that is predominantly black

also please don't talk about Gamergate or any of that stuff because FAU or VideoGames will probs probate you for it
I like that he heard the term "self-flaggelation" once and thought it was "self flatulation"

whip yourself til you fart

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Anoia posted:

don't kinkshame :mad:
I never said you shouldn't whip yourself until you fart

just use the proper terminology

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

2DCAT posted:

I think it's time that we stand up and stop the discrimination against the Atlanteans.
no way, namor is a twat

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

you were supposed to respond "lol" but i guess that would catch a punishment

the idea of making people who want to PvP grind out that wacky rear end Amity system is inspired evil though

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Drinkfist posted:

How can you drink that poo poo. loving Dunkin Doughnuts went and started making them and they taste like garbage baby assholes. loving savages can't be happy with making a simple cup of coffee.

I hope you die in a forest fire for liking that poo poo and perpetuating their creation. loving cafe hipsters and their bullshit.
tbf they're gonna charge you like $3 for a cup of regular swill anyway no matter what so you might as well pay the extra buck or two to drown out some of the garbage juice with artificially flavored sugar crap

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ohsosad posted:

No fun mechanics allowed otherwise koreans will abuse it for gold selling purposes.
Seems pointless, they're always going to find a way, unless you literally prohibit any player interaction of any kind

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

HotBobaloo posted:

Looks like all these free giveaways are gone the instant they are posted. I'm not sure if I want to shell out for the $50 pack to get into the beta
You don't. It's gonna be the same game when it comes out for $20 less and dead just as fast. If you gotta have something to do next weekend The Division beta is free and you don't need a key.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

lewtt posted:

are the voip wars done? can we treaty? as thread owner I declare the voipwars resolution to be called the "Suicide Pact"
you mean the Phishing Pact right

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

It's in media res vs a boring infodump. That cinematic actually tells you pretty much everything you need to know about what they did to FFXIV when they rebooted it.
Though you need to play what was (pre-expansion) endgame content or read spoilers online to make any real sense of it. Hooray

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

im the guilds on the official forums who have scheduled daily interview times for new recruits
if we're not doing this as well then there's no point in all that VOIP arguing we just did

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Eonwe posted:

i sincerely hope we will not be conducting daily scheduled formal interviews rather than finding cool people and inviting them into our guild
no no you misunderstand, those are the fake interview periods when you troll the pubbies

god, what sort of mmos have you been playing :rolleyes:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kalstrams posted:

No.

Edit: So, up to $108 for cats.
I'll love my dead gay cat, no matter how bad it is

I mean, in theory, I will love it, except I won't be using the cash shop when it's not free money anymore. The cat food costs cash too right? Hope kitty likes starving to death.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

ohsosad posted:

What was the resolution to the voip wars?
Cool kids on discord and angry old timers on CTS?
the name "discord" has never been more apropos

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Xavier434 posted:

This just completely changed how I intend to spend my time during beta. So is there anything to know about catching the Beltfish? Location? Bait? Face East and pray before every cast?
man that's rude, you can't just out and ask everyone in public how to become a master baiter

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

kalstrams posted:

I'm setting up SAP for guild contract management.
anyone without a six sigma black belt is gonna be blue skied right out of our highly elite synergistic guild. lean 4 lyfe :eonwe:

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Alexander DeLarge posted:

I am officially a master baiter

I would shake your hand but, well, you know

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

SweetBro posted:

Ew, then why the gently caress am I subjecting myself to leveling a ranger if I can't unlimited blade twerks
... You aren't serious about trying to get to endgame content in a single weekend are you?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

LegalPad posted:

Is housing unlimited, or can only so many people rent houses from a given town? I thought I remember reading something about having to bid over being able to buy a house but I don't remember.
There might be some exception but the vast majority of the property is instanced and everyone can own a copy of a building in the same spots.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Clearly you were punished for not rescuing that Lost Cat.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Third World Reggin posted:

I got answers to most of that, and velia is the tutorial town with all the answers in quest form, but it is a lot of poo poo I don't wanna type. If you end up in the CTS mumble I'll explain it.
The conversation thing is never quite clear even after they explain it. I understand trying to run around collecting conversation topics to be able to score points but actually figuring out what to choose in the conversation is some sort of mathematical guess and check nightmare

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Good news everybody!

can you add an explanation to that pic for the corea-impaired

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Sure, there is a tool tip that reads "CTRL: Share a location with a guild member" and then a bunch of locations spammed when people noticed you could spam your guild members with different locations. Each location is a giant beam of light on the map and in the world.
That... That's beautiful. Please take a picture of the world with the sky blasted to poo poo with lasers