Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I approve of this thread OP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

vrath posted:

http://bdo-templates.com/

found this site, since I'm too lazy to make my own man killing beast. Also, that op is majestic as gently caress.

They have quite a lot of good ones. You can also download their character file and use it yourself.

Thor

Witcher

Frozen

Obama

Rey

Superalloy Darkshine

HyC

Drinkfist fucked around with this message at 08:21 on Feb 10, 2016

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Craft is not really necessary, even for thirstier classes. You can find a top PvP players that won't be able to explain you how to tame a horse.

Just use your loving brain. You punch the trees to get the wood. You get the wood to build the cabin.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

Your military service made you so tsundere

What the gently caress does that even mean you sperg gently caress.

kalstrams posted:

New update to Markov Chain Simulator looking great.
It is an explicitly PvP oriented game. It will run reasonably smoothly on most comptuers, if it's optimized well enough to run decently on my laptop on not even lowest settings. As to whether if this is going to be a poo poo tier game is something you will have to see for yourself.

Everything you have loving said about this game so far has been wrong, useless and loving stupid. I award you no points and suggest you go back to clown school you loving goblin.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Don't worry, he's off, you're more of a yangire, really.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRU4vh3YcAM

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

To each it's own, some people wait for meaningful continuation to CC-era Lineage 2. Will this be it, or quick fix - time will show. I just hope it doesn't chokes like both western versions of ArcheAge did pronto.

Ill give you something to loving choke on.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

So here's the problem with that. That's a list of the things the game had in it in the closed beta for its actual release that were changed and things that were promised and not delivered on.

Daum and Pearl Abyss hosed their own game ridiculously hard and anyone who has been paying attention to this game for more than the thirty seconds they spent reading lewtt's OP knows that. loving Dark Souls of all things does it better. I'm not bitter about this game for some obscure reason, I'm bitter because the developers took something that could have been god drat amazing and made it a mediocre wet fart of a game that does worse than a single player with optional multiplayer action RPG from 2011.

After reading that article I am pissed and want to know who the gently caress in Koreatown dropped the loving ball. How the gently caress does the scope of design do a total 180 like that? It is the same group of people from Archeage that went and allowed you to become a pirate and then promptly removed every loving point of it and replaced it with endless punishment for being one.

Every MMORPG on the market is a loving joke of the idea. Theme park games with the whole idea of making single player games that happen to be multiplayer pile on garbage storylines where every loving player is the chosen one that will save the world by themselves and then populate the entirety of the world with chosen ones. Within months the game population plummets, the reviews point at same old poo poo and the playerbase demand deranged poo poo. I can only think of a tiny handful of MMO games that made the attempt to build a world for people to live in over the combat non pvp chosen one grind to cap.

I live in the future where these morons make the same failing garbage on repeat for over a decade and refuse to attempt a change of approach. Some of the poo poo was pants on head retarded where the objective was incredibly simple a toddler could do it. Things like "Make an Elder Scrolls game multiplayer" or "Make a game called Guild Wars focused on Guild Wars".

gently caress this gay earth.

Eonwe posted:

also look, fair warning here

a lot of the Wushu goons are playing this, like Drinkfist for example

Drinkfist will be a huge dick to you on the forums, on Mumble, in game, whatever

you'd think, well that makes Drinkfist a dick

but not really, he is actually p good and alright and he'll help you with something if you need help (but he'll call you an idiot while he is doing it)

There is no helping you sir. I know a lost cause when I see it. You caught the stupid and there is no cure.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

vrath posted:

Chris Roberts figured it all out for real though. People want the dream. He has created the WH40k god emperor of sand box mmo's, which made 90,000$ today alone, 5.5 MILLION in the past month and well over 100 Million total with 0 deliverables. Sure, there are whispers of heresy that the god emperor is actually dead, but they will be purged soon.

I gave The Repopulation money and Hero Engine rammed their dick into them. Now they are making a Survival game on Unreal Engine so they can afford to make the MMO that they lost their bankroll on. The struggle is real if you attempt to make a real sandbox mmo.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

Beanless chili is the only chili that matters. Let's put the stop the reign of terror of radical culinaric terrorists, let's buy a door to keep bean havers out of our country. Make kitchen great again!

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

gently caress all of yall. I did The Secret World and Skyforge. I am total gently caress done.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Just because both me and lewtt were once gods doesn't mean we are the helping kind.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Isn't your record Wushu and Swordsman? We did a Archeage guild but it wasn't run by you even though it was called "Grithok's fancy lads".

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Lewtt IRL

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

its those goddamn caramel macchiatos

How can you drink that poo poo. loving Dunkin Doughnuts went and started making them and they taste like garbage baby assholes. loving savages can't be happy with making a simple cup of coffee.

I hope you die in a forest fire for liking that poo poo and perpetuating their creation. loving cafe hipsters and their bullshit.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Eonwe posted:

drinkfist is the angry old man who tells people to get off his lawn, except on a message board

I just bite at the weakness you fucks sling up in my grill.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

See the wierd thing about Wushu is that it is the exact opposit of what is going on here. They made the mmo with all the bells and whistles as a normal mmo with quests and mob packs everywhere and then suddenly without reason they gutted it and made it totally worthless. There was a gently caress ton of just random rear end packs of mobs and entire zones filled with just hubs and mobs and yet they literally served no purpose. They dropped pennies of bound money that has near no point and there was no combat exp in the game and it was gained by doing group dances. Just thousands of fully modeled and animated mobs and even some named ones that did gently caress all nothing and were not attached to anything. Then in extremely rare circumstances a random rear end npc will appear before you and offer you a quest to kill one guy that dies in a single blow for some rare rear end item or skill.

Black Desert gutted their living world and PvP. Wushu gutted their entire PvE.

Black desert has already locked in the decision to make the game 100% dead in a month. There is zero interaction between players allowed and PvP is highly punished it makes you wonder why it is even in the loving game. Guilds are highly complicated but serve no noticeable purpose. The entire reason Wushu lasted way past what it should have with all the fuckery going on in Snail games is because the players and their interactions are what literally kept the game going. Then they had enough of that and just stepped in and cash shop killed it because they no poo poo hate americans.

It makes no loving sense that the loving MMO market keeps designing poo poo like this. You could get vastly more features and longevity out of a loving modded minecraft server than making MMOs the way the currently do.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

I am ok with a lack of pve content, but that just means we have to create more pvp content, and well, we have a drinkfist around here somewhere

What the gently caress is that supposed to mean? Just because I disassembled the largest guild in Swordsman Online singlehandedly doesn't mean it will be as easy here. For starters there isn't a guild vault to try to rob. I will have to think of new more annoying ways to destroy a guild leader's marriage.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

RedTonic posted:

:pgabz:

Happy early Valentines!

Maybe if we make enough of a stink during cbt2, they'll restore player to player trading and... I dunno... meaningful character/guild interactions.

Launch is less than a month away. The systems required to unfuck the game are massive (Even though one programmer could dig up the old patches and restore it.) The Business end of things would require the NA Devs demanding it and the Korean devs pulling their heads out of their asses. The guys making the money will easily say "Get hosed" and count their money for the next few months before proclaiming that the NA release just wasnt popular and then move on to dick up someone elses project for short profit gains with absolutely no plans for the future.

No way in hell the game will be going anywhere close to good. Lucky for me though as I only play bad games. Good games are a myth. Passed down by our ancestors who invented shuffleboard and lemon racing.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

RedTonic posted:

drat it, I wanted to double up on good news today, be optimistic, that kinda poo poo.

Motherfuckers never learn. Make a world for someone to live in and they will keep players around. Make a single player game and people are just gonna beat it and leave.

All the parts to make a world MMO have been made across many games. Some like this one have all the parts there but refuse to allow it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

noELrunes posted:

So who will be the guild leader for thus game that's obviously bad alread

Also can a goon hook me up with a code

When CB2 Starts we well figure out how the guilds work in the NA version. Lewtt already made the thread so he is the guild leader as per MMOHMO rules and regulations. Although if the guild fills up then another guild will need to be created. That guild will be run by someone like Badr or Kimmyseesus given that they are the kind of losers that would want to do something like that. If you are an unmedicated fuckup shitlord I suggest you go with them. All normal medicated fuckups will be in with Lewtt.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

Don't you put that evil on me.

I'll just let Lewtt run things and I'll cause drama killing people.

Don't you go taking my loving job. Go run the musket whale hunter group. I know you fucks and that is totally your jam. You can call yourselves Moby Goon or some garbage.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

kalstrams posted:

While I couldn't care less about the shirt thing, I'll agree on the rest with Third World Reggin that neither will consolidation do any significant good to BDO guild as such, nor does it bring anything radically new to the table, beyond, I guess, synchronised chat logging and streamlined access from mobile, to give Discord it's due. Not sure if either will be used, as this is not shaping up as new EVE and we've got at least two subforums worth of shitposting potential.

Still, we need to decide on something, hopefully before the closed beta comes around.

I'm already afraid to play with you, guys.

I fixed that straw poll for ya.

Kimsemus posted:

I've been in Discord stress tests with 3000-4000 on the same server, and a couple hundred in the same voice channel, it holds up fine. Right now there are about 400 goons registered on mine and the server doesn't have any lag that anyone has reported.

I have a Black Desert channel set up on my SA Discord ( http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3759565 )

And I'll give whoever runs the guild server admin or moderator or whatever they want to make more channels and do the things.

Get hosed. I thought I ended this but Kim you are like the loving flu.

kalstrams posted:

Let's call the guild Beanless Chili and plunder the caravans with cooking goods.

Anyone who names a goon guild without using any of the three words "Something", "Awful" or "Goon" gets killed on sight by me. You fucks that did the whole Dragongod Knightkings or Please be Careful are gonna get a big pink dilido so far up their asses they will be digesting it.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

LumberingTroll posted:

He makes me laugh.

Lies. I bought your poo poo game twice. Total bribery.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

I bet you all cant wait to hunt whales with guns.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KVcCkuiytvc

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

ohsosad posted:

Is that considered a tradeskill?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKKOSJ97j8Q

It is a way of life sir.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

A WAY OF LIFE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFVm75R2Nec

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

But everyone knows you are supposed to pick the one "op" class because some guy on the internet said to. This keeps the game stable by nullifying all other choices of classes because one is clearly better than the others. That being said all classes in the game are nerfed in the Korea version except the Giant. They buffed the Giant so that he kills in one hit. So pick that class because I told you to. The other classes are only there to serve as bait for the inexperienced players and to give the illusion of choice.

Do not be fooled. Pick the Giant.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Kimsemus posted:

This trailer shouldn't have shocked anyone, foreign devs make super bizarre choices to appear culturally relevant in the NA market.

It's like having a game trailer voiced by George W Bush. "AMERICA LIKE GEORGE BUSH RIGHT? HAVE HIM DO VOICE."

Looking forward to linking up with my usual terrible MMO goon crew regardless in BDO.

You will never defeat Snail games.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wss7OSp3ogI

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

:eonwe::eonwe:Alright cool guys, if you played a class and liked it, do a short writeup of it and i'll toss it in OP:eonwe::eonwe:

That is my technique.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

LITERALLY MY FETISH posted:

I thought your technique involved assplay

That is a different one. I have many.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Syndlig posted:

Is the video crew from Wushu playing this? Because they made some fantastic videos for those contests.

edit:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fl1s69I6l8k

I dont remember being allowed to use your RG chain with your sword out.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Also.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stormgale posted:

Hey Thread which class should I play (not giant as they can't be Kawaii).

Hey gently caress you guy. Giants are just big ole teddy bears.

Also calling it now that kalstrams is gonna be the first source of the dumb bullshit from this game.

Anyone heard anything about how far behind they plan to be on patches vs the korean version. A great many of us would rather main bladers and ninjas. Just want to know when we might see that happen.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Stanley Pain posted:

I'm hoping it'll somehow involve potatoes.

I wonder if he is Irish. He did say he was an EU goon.

Edit: gently caress it say Latvia in his profile. Isn't that where Doctor Doom is from?

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

Third World Reggin posted:

Vegans are weird people that think we some how evolved past eating meat or carrion when we haven't. We still got the teeth and the guts for it and it taste drat good. So they have to add nutrients in pill form to make up for their poor life choices.

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

So here's Seal Team 96:
ohsosad
kojicolnair
alexander delarge
tadders
LumberingTroll
Stanleypain
markkei
dirtyfalcon
redtonic
kimsemus
fat and useless
bored grunt
kiffetastic
dancingshade - Mostly Harmless
stormgale
sirbuddha
mikesaysno
taran
kalstrams
amergin
beo
codekeeper
appliedphilosophy
Mirk
Lewtt

ADDED:
Orty
Kyuzo
RunandGun
Dunkan - Dunkah
Killtrash - Aleeni Malac
Dryzen
Quake
Von Bonez

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

lewtt posted:

So here's Seal Team 96:
ohsosad
kojicolnair
alexander delarge
tadders
LumberingTroll
Stanleypain
markkei
dirtyfalcon
redtonic
kimsemus
fat and useless
bored grunt
kiffetastic
dancingshade - Mostly Harmless
stormgale
sirbuddha
mikesaysno
taran
kalstrams
amergin
beo
codekeeper
appliedphilosophy
Mirk
Lewtt

ADDED:
Orty
Kyuzo
RunandGun
Dunkan - Dunkah
Killtrash - Aleeni Malac
Dryzen
Quake
Von Bonez

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

100 Dollars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

univbee posted:

$140 here, drat Canadian dollar :argh:

I hope the character creation on Serendiah will come back when the server is recovered.

You loving spergs spent an incredible amount of money on what was guaranteed to be snake oil. Past the 50 Dollar pack there was literally no bonuses worth the extra 50 dollars. They don't even give you enough currency to buy a loving ghille suit and had to have a special sale just so you could afford a single vanity costume. You would have easily gotten more bang for your buck had you bought the 30 dollar pack and then spent 70 dollars on pearls for the cash shop. But no. You fucks wanted to get in a few days early to catch what was and always happens at mmo launches, the mmo launch day cancer.

Thanks for being overglorified paying testers to make sure the game is working before I get in. I totally appreciate it. Dumbasses.

I literally told you so.