Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

I have no idea what I'm doing.
So I searched the last 10 pages for the OSHA topic, did it disappear again? I need more accidents. Here is the best of for inspiration:

Mod edit: Just as a reminder link and :nws: stuff that show obvious death occurring. Gratuitous gore will not be allowed.

Mod edit 2: anything more than a three page discussion is a derail. Open a new thread if it’s really important to you or others. Say “firefighter volunteers”. Plenty of room on these boards. Just want to keep this osha on track with diverse funny stuff. - Burt

Somebody fucked around with this message at 07:38 on Jan 18, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Pity reply

TerryLennox
Oct 12, 2009

There is nothing tougher than a tough Mexican, just as there is nothing gentler than a gentle Mexican, nothing more honest than an honest Mexican, and above all nothing sadder than a sad Mexican. -R. Chandler.
Phoning in from Panama, where uncle Terry had himself an OSHA experience.

About 2 days ago, during our annual family vacation, we decided to build ourselves a bonfire on the beach.

This beach has brutal winds so lighting it with pedestrian means such as newspaper and oil, charcoal lighter fluid or kerosene seemed futile. I had prepared about a pint of "napalm" (just gas with Styrofoam in it) and had about 400 grams of thermate to ensure that the fire would start.

We arranged the logs in the traditional tepee shape, doused it liberally with the flask of napalm and set the thermate canister on top. I had prepared a 170 cm wooden stick with magnesium ribbon on the end to ignite the thermate safely. Which it did.

What didn't ignite safely was the gasoline. It exploded in a loving fireball out of Satan's rear end. There was a slight ignition delay, I remember going "yay" when the thermate started going and "fffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuck" when the fireball hit me half a second later.

There wasn't a lot of time for reflection, just my rear end in a top hat clenching like Simon Adabisi was watching me pick up a dropped bar of soap. I still don't know how or why I didn't catch on fire like the greasy goon that I am. When the fireball passed, I noticed my hair wasn't on fire, my face wasn't on fire and my hands felt as if I submerged them in a deep fryer so I sprinted a good 50 meters to the sea.

The cold seawater didn't help much. Egg whites and ice did. 45 minutes later, including arguing with a private clinic who wanted to shunt me to the public health center about 20 minutes farther on, and I ended up with both hands covered in silver sulphate.

Lesson 1: don't use gas for anything except putting it in your damned car.

Lesson 2: the worst part about burning the poo poo out of your hands is the delay before the burly black nurse gives you a shot in the rear end. 15 minutes down the road and I wanted to go back and give him a big wet kiss on his bald noggin.

Lesson 3: sometimes even Atheists can have miracles happen to them.

http://imgur.com/XWemlmp

http://imgur.com/vhTnmY6

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

my favorite thing in the world is to discuss the exact same topic with the exact same posters every day

Feedback Agency
Apr 23, 2014

It got goldmined, OP

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3693945

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Welcome back.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
The Silo That Wanted To Become A Yurt is just amazing, I'm happy every time I see it.

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx

What am I looking at?

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

What am I looking at?

Looks like a tornado blowing poo poo out of the sides of a delivery truck. Newspapers maybe?

Noun Verber
Oct 12, 2006

Cool party, guys.

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

What am I looking at?

Bird delivery.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
http://i.imgur.com/lxwHG6j.webm

snakeandbake
Aug 21, 2012

by exmarx

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

The Silo That Wanted To Become A Yurt is just amazing, I'm happy every time I see it.

inside job

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

TerryLennox posted:

About 2 days ago, during our annual family vacation, we decided to build ourselves a bonfire on the beach.

This beach has brutal winds so lighting it with pedestrian means such as newspaper and oil, charcoal lighter fluid or kerosene seemed futile. I had prepared about a pint of "napalm" (just gas with Styrofoam in it) and had about 400 grams of thermate to ensure that the fire would start.

We arranged the logs in the traditional tepee shape, doused it liberally with the flask of napalm and set the thermate canister on top. I had prepared a 170 cm wooden stick with magnesium ribbon on the end to ignite the thermate safely. Which it did.

What didn't ignite safely was the gasoline. It exploded in a loving fireball out of Satan's rear end. There was a slight ignition delay, I remember going "yay" when the thermate started going and "fffffffffffffffffffffffffffuuuuuuuuuuck" when the fireball hit me half a second later.

There wasn't a lot of time for reflection, just my rear end in a top hat clenching like Simon Adabisi was watching me pick up a dropped bar of soap. I still don't know how or why I didn't catch on fire like the greasy goon that I am. When the fireball passed, I noticed my hair wasn't on fire, my face wasn't on fire and my hands felt as if I submerged them in a deep fryer so I sprinted a good 50 meters to the sea.

The cold seawater didn't help much. Egg whites and ice did. 45 minutes later, including arguing with a private clinic who wanted to shunt me to the public health center about 20 minutes farther on, and I ended up with both hands covered in silver sulphate.

Lesson 2: the worst part about burning the poo poo out of your hands is the delay before the burly black nurse gives you a shot in the rear end. 15 minutes down the road and I wanted to go back and give him a big wet kiss on his bald noggin.

you were so close to becoming enfield II

mostlygray
Nov 1, 2012

BURY ME AS I LIVED, A FREE MAN ON THE CLUTCH

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

What am I looking at?

I'm guessing a large dust devil hitting a soft sided truck. I drove through a big one once with my dad when I was a kid. It hit us from the side and everything in the car was lifted out out through the open windows. It was crazy.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

how do i get a job in one these accident prone industries and how do i ensure that the accidents happen to me

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь
You're no Franco

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

new michael bay movie lookin good

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

mostlygray posted:

I'm guessing a large dust devil hitting a soft sided truck. I drove through a big one once with my dad when I was a kid. It hit us from the side and everything in the car was lifted out out through the open windows. It was crazy.

I don't think birds need to be hit by a dust devil to get lifted out a truck

spud
Aug 27, 2003

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

What am I looking at?

Racing pigeons: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xw6phe_truck-loaded-with-racing-pigeons_animals

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

TerryLennox posted:

Holy poo poo dude, glad you're okay.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

another lovely megathread. hooray.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

kill you'reself

Nude
Nov 16, 2014

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

satanic splash-back posted:

my favorite thing in the world is to discuss the exact same topic with the exact same posters every day

http://i.imgur.com/oQSQIqb.gifv
http://i.imgur.com/jgupAd5.gifv

dad gay. so what
Feb 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
sounds like ol' nig nog wanted a major hand beezy lol

John Denver Hoxha
May 31, 2014

What a persistent nightmare!
....but enough about my posts
Could you imagine if OSHA like regulated prostitution... All busting people for trying to make condoms out of Werther's wrappers and saran wrap

Linux Pirate
Apr 21, 2012

I just wanna see pictures of dumb people doing dangerous stuff at work.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Is there a scientific explanation as to why everything seems super dark around a huge fire/explosion even if it's outside and well ventilated. I know smoke could account for some of it, but it always just seems like it pulls all the light into it and it's kinda weird. I'd say it could be a trick with cameras but even in real life I've seen it with like building fires and what not.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Solice Kirsk posted:

Is there a scientific explanation as to why everything seems super dark around a huge fire/explosion even if it's outside and well ventilated. I know smoke could account for some of it, but it always just seems like it pulls all the light into it and it's kinda weird. I'd say it could be a trick with cameras but even in real life I've seen it with like building fires and what not.

You're loving stupid, do you not understand how light and eyes work or what?

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

Solice Kirsk posted:

Stuff what is on fire is much brighter than stuff that isn't. Both eyes and cameras tend to adjust for the brightest thing that they're looking at so everything else looks comparatively much darker.

Either that or it's ghosts

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Obviously not because I asked the question.

jamal
Apr 15, 2003

I'll set the building on fire
You can try this yourself at home. Go outside and stare at the sun, everything else will look darker.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord

"Why is my house always so dark after I stare at the sun?"

My Q-Face
Jul 8, 2002

A dumb racist who need to kill themselves

TerryLennox posted:

Gas is fine for what you wanted to do, you just used way too much of it. It only takes a few drops, really.

Jesus Christ
Jun 1, 2000

mods if you can make this my avatar I will gladly pay 10bux to the coffers

jamal posted:

You can try this yourself at home. Go outside and stare at the sun, everything else will look darker.

And don't stop staring until you become a math genius.

Stick Figure Mafia
Dec 11, 2004

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

ElectricSheep
Jan 14, 2006

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

You start with the I, not the J

hey welcome to the show!
Jan 22, 2014

nobody loves me
Team rocket at it again.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

those people have clearly never seen cartoons or played video games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Thread title isn't a trick to get people to google "lathe accident" or "degloving", 0/10.

Skip to 7:20 for somebody welding on a fuel tank:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u4pbAPdDA2c

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHSuInSkHtA