Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Lol cool. I want one

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011
Kreosan? Kreosan.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Helllllo, Living Nightmare.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

ugh

someone get that dog a helmet

Messadiah
Jan 12, 2001

Uncle Wemus posted:

Got some OC from my job today. theres a box of matches stored in the flammable contents storage cabinet

edit: jesus i didn't think a cell phone image would be so massive.

I just want to point out that matches are highly flammable so it kind of makes a little bit of sense. Not necessarily the right kind of sense.

Gromit
Aug 15, 2000

I am an oppressed White Male, Asian women wont serve me! Save me Campbell Newman!!!!!!!

I wanted to make a panorama of it but I'm too dumb.

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon
here have some cg diving accident videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=AEtbFm_CjE0#t=206

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:
Kinda glad those are just 3d stuff. That's some pretty nightmarish stuff. On the other hand, i'm a little confused how divers hired for money wouldn't already know about that.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Mithaldu posted:

Kinda glad those are just 3d stuff. That's some pretty nightmarish stuff. On the other hand, i'm a little confused how divers hired for money wouldn't already know about that.

I'm sure they do, but just make a momentary mistake. Like when I was a baker I knew not to let donuts sit in the proofer too long, but sometimes it happened and they'd go flat when frying them. Its the same thing, but their mistake killed them and my mistake let me take some donuts home with me.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
im the guy who died cleaning a pool

Snow Cone Capone
Jul 31, 2003

Zzulu posted:

im the guy who died cleaning a pool

Did you get a prolapsed anus like the guy in that Chuck Palahniuk short story

Mithaldu
Sep 25, 2007

Let's cuddle. :3:

Solice Kirsk posted:

my mistake let me take some donuts home with me.
Uhuh. Mistake.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time
That first story should have just kept going until the rocks had been cleared by the mass of diver bodies displacing them.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Solice Kirsk posted:

I'm sure they do, but just make a momentary mistake. Like when I was a baker I knew not to let donuts sit in the proofer too long, but sometimes it happened and they'd go flat when frying them. Its the same thing, but their mistake killed them and my mistake let me take some donuts home with me.

It's like the perfect scam you had running.

every couple days accidental on purpose over cook those so so delicious donuts and be so kind by giving them a new home. :hfive:

DrPossum
May 15, 2004

i am not a surgeon

Germstore posted:

That first story should have just kept going until the rocks had been cleared by the mass of diver bodies displacing them.

http://www.phonearena.com/news/Two-die-trying-to-rescue-cellphone-from-an-open-pit-toilet-in-China_id56974

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
This seems like the right thread for this.

Authorities say a worker was fatally struck by a one-ton garbage bale at a Philadelphia trash-transfer station

Killed by trash. :(

Mozi
Apr 4, 2004

Forms change so fast
Time is moving past
Memory is smoke
Gonna get wider when I die
Nap Ghost
Some days you take out the trash, other days the trash takes you out.

LethalGeek
Nov 4, 2009

Not super OSHA but made me think of this thread:

http://katu.com/news/local/pickup-stuck-on-sellwood-sidewalk-crews-lift-it-with-forklift

Someone was hella drunk

H110Hawk
Dec 28, 2006
http://i.imgur.com/Nt7OMgh.gifv

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just spent 8 hours in an MSHA mandated safety class and the woman next to me the entire day was a super bitchy engineer and I also didn't win the $50 Chili's gift card because I didn't know where the yellow copy of the 5000-23 went. And it actually took the entire 8 hours like it's legally required to, unlike the 6.5 hours that slacker instructors usually end up giving.

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

I remember there was some youtube channel that had more of those videos like the CG diver accident videos but for all sorts of OSHA stuff, they were really interesting break downs on how and why the accidents occurred and how they could have been prevented, rather educational. I can't seem to find them on the internet anywhere, anyone know what I'm talking about?

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
The USCSB has a bunch of root cause analysis summaries on their YouTube with CGI recreations of chemical plant incidents.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

FrankieGoes posted:

I just spent 8 hours in an MSHA mandated safety class and the woman next to me the entire day was a super bitchy engineer and I also didn't win the $50 Chili's gift card because I didn't know where the yellow copy of the 5000-23 went. And it actually took the entire 8 hours like it's legally required to, unlike the 6.5 hours that slacker instructors usually end up giving.

Dumb engineers.

Heard one wanted to heat-stress test their doodad and asked to stick it in the ICP-OES torch. Like it was a Bunsen burner or something. Thing's around the temperature of the surface of the sun. It's one purpose in life is to obliterate any matter it touches. No we do not want your poo poo all over the icp chamber.

IPCRESS
May 27, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

I remember there was some youtube channel that had more of those videos like the CG diver accident videos but for all sorts of OSHA stuff, they were really interesting break downs on how and why the accidents occurred and how they could have been prevented, rather educational. I can't seem to find them on the internet anywhere, anyone know what I'm talking about?

Worksafe BC?

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

DemeaninDemon posted:

Dumb engineers.

Heard one wanted to heat-stress test their doodad and asked to stick it in the ICP-OES torch. Like it was a Bunsen burner or something. Thing's around the temperature of the surface of the sun. It's one purpose in life is to obliterate any matter it touches. No we do not want your poo poo all over the icp chamber.

in a perfect world where you wouldn't be responsible for loving up the equipment, i would be like "go for it" then laugh as whatever it is gets separated into its constituent atoms

Terminal Entropy
Dec 26, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

If you are thinking of industrial dives, here's one about Delta P:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AEtbFm_CjE0

Beve Stuscemi
Jun 6, 2001

DemeaninDemon posted:

Dumb engineers.

How can you work with a piece of equipment like that and not constantly throw poo poo into it?

Murphys Law
Nov 1, 2005

Johnny Aztec posted:

Helllllo, Living Nightmare.

Imagine it in winter with ice on it.

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Murphys Law posted:

Imagine it in winter with ice on it.

Imagine me closing that door and going "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE" all the way home.

count_von_count
Nov 6, 2012

DemeaninDemon posted:

Dumb engineers.

Oh please, the sun's surface temperature is like 5,800 K.

Wikipedia article on Inductively coupled plasma atomic emission spectroscopy posted:

...flame temperature in a range from 6000 to 10000 K...

:stare:

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Johnny Aztec posted:

Imagine me closing that door and going "NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE" all the way home.

Unfortunately for you home is up those stairs. :twisted:

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

At least he'd know exactly what his doodad was made of.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

I imagine that exiting might end up something like this

Baronjutter
Dec 31, 2007

"Tiny Trains"

Those stairs are an art installation, sorry guys :(

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Baronjutter posted:

Ban art.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Baronjutter posted:

Quiet, you.

Pingiivi
Mar 26, 2010

Straight into the iris!

Baronjutter posted:

Noooooo... You monster.

Melian Dialogue
Jan 9, 2015

NOT A RACIST
Speaking of art installations, was at an art gallery that had some massive electircal contraption to play music with like, a paintbrush playing the guitar etc and a bunch of other things, along with the schematic on the wall. Does OSHA type or fire codes or any of this come into play for art pieces? Or are these just giant deathtraps waiting to arc and burn down the gallery?

hunkrust
Sep 29, 2014
I got an MA in asking leading questions about how sexism isnt real, and regularly fail to grasp that other people have different experience than me or enjoy different things.
I also own multiple fedoras, to go with my leather dusters, and racist pin badges.

Baronjutter posted:

Is it supposed to represent capitalism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Melian Dialogue posted:

Speaking of art installations, was at an art gallery that had some massive electircal contraption to play music with like, a paintbrush playing the guitar etc and a bunch of other things, along with the schematic on the wall. Does OSHA type or fire codes or any of this come into play for art pieces? Or are these just giant deathtraps waiting to arc and burn down the gallery?

It's only REAL art when a spectator is killed by the art. After that, it's a question of whether they died comedically or tragically. See also:
Luis Jiminez