Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Max
Nov 30, 2002

The other option is to vote out the hermit so that the celebrity is adjacent to the conman. Since the celebrity has the highest chance of being a cultist, that would ensure we cover that base.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina, the other option for you is to do what you said and switch the conman with the hermit again so that we know what both of those cards are. That would stick the prophet next to the celebrity in that case.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Max posted:

Hi everyone.

I read the rules over a few times to make sure I can say this: The conman is currently the prophet.

Saying that you saw a specific trait card is actually explicitly against the rules.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Welp lol

Max
Nov 30, 2002

?? It says I can mention the prophet?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Clockwork Gadget posted:

PROPHET: This survivor negates one cultist card on one adjacent survivor at the end of the game. You may announce that this survivor is the prophet.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Max posted:

?? It says I can mention the prophet?

Sorry, was phone posting in bed after waking up, of course you're right. Continue!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Phew, OK.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yo, you all were clambering for chili to respond. What now?

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
It's pbs' turn right?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay so I guess CONMAN

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Max posted:

The other option is to vote out the hermit so that the celebrity is adjacent to the conman. Since the celebrity has the highest chance of being a cultist, that would ensure we cover that base.

i like this, this is smart, we should do this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the hermit loving sucks and we want to get rid of it anyway. lets keep that prophet there asiina please!!!

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Asiina, to activate the CONMAN you must select which trait you wish to exchange his current trait with.

i.e.: CONMAN, switch for HERMIT, or CONMAN, switch for CHILD, or CONMAN, switch for UNDERGRAD 1/2, or CONMAN, switch for CELEBRITY top/bottom/middle.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Okay switch the conman and the hermit.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
no

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I thought that's what we were doing :/

Too late now.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I just felt left out and wanted to post. Good work team!

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
TURN THREE:

Asiina questions the CONMAN.

He takes the trait from beneath the CONMAN and switches it with the trait beneath the HERMIT. He views the trait, then places it beneath the CONMAN, exhausting the CONMAN. He unexhausts the UNDERGRAD.

Action Queue: Asiina, place an exile token. Anyone with reaction abilities that take place before or after a token is placed can still react until Asiina places a token or until Meinberg acts, respectively.

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

Turn Order: Chili Max, PBS Newshour, Asiina, Meinberg, MG2, Somberbrero.

Survivors:
  1. :banme: UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from.
  2. CHILD: (1) After questioning, the child is exhausted until a survivor has been voted out of the bunker.
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait. EXHAUSTED
  4. :banme: HERMIT: (2) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.
  5. CELEBRITY: (3) Draw and look at the top trait, then show it to another player of your choice. Place the viewed trait on the bottom of the stack.
  6. SCIENTIST: (2) Draw and look at one trait. You may not look at the trait card underneath the scientist.

The order is cyclical, meaning the SCIENTIST is also adjacent to the UNDERGRAD.

ACTION HISTORY:

1.1: CHILI questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The CONMAN is exhausted.
1.2: CHILI places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
2.1: PBS NEWSHOUR questions the UNDERGRAD, viewing her two traits before shuffling them with the CHILD's trait, then redistributing them. The CONMAN is unexhausted, the UNDERGRAD is exhausted.
2.2: PBS NEWSHOUR places an exile token on the HERMIT.
3.1: ASIINA questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The UNDERGRAD is unexhausted, the CONMAN is exhausted.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So I'll put my token on the Hermit then I guess?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

What, no! Don't do that. If the conman now has a trait that isn't cult, we know that both the hermit and conman are safe to keep. The hermit should now be the prophet and is next to the celebrity. I'd say get rid of one of the 2 stack survivors. Maybe the scientist?

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Asiina's play is accepted as valid. Turn 4 begins with Meinberg, but anyone wishing to use an action that works after exile tokens are played can do so until I process any potential Meinberg actions tomorrow afternoon.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Argh. Either we consolidate votes on the undergrad or the scientist for the next few votes. If the Hermit ends up with too many tokens then we'll lose the prophet, barring someone switching that out again.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina, what's up with the conman. Is he a cultist?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry, I got confused between plans.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I want to question the CELEBRITY and show PBS the card.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I'm sorry, I got confused between plans.

i suddenly don't trust asiina

Max
Nov 30, 2002

PBS Newshour posted:

i suddenly don't trust asiina

Same.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yo Asiina, is the conman a cultist or what?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

And PBS or Meinburg, is the trait on the celebrity good or bad?

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I'll let you know once things have processed.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
TURN FOUR:

Meinberg questions the CELEBRITY.

He takes the first trait from beneath the CELEBRITY. He views the trait, shows it to PBS Newshour, then places it at the bottom of the CELEBRITY's stack, exhausting the CELEBRITY. He unexhausts the CONMAN.

Action Queue: Meinberg, place an exile token. Anyone with reaction abilities that take place before or after a token is placed can still react until Meinberg places a token or until MG2 acts, respectively.

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

Survivors:
  1. :banme: UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from.
  2. CHILD: (1) After questioning, the child is exhausted until a survivor has been voted out of the bunker.
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait.
  4. :banme::banme: HERMIT: (1) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.
  5. CELEBRITY: (3) Draw and look at the top trait, then show it to another player of your choice. Place the viewed trait on the bottom of the stack. EXHAUSTED
  6. SCIENTIST: (2) Draw and look at one trait. You may not look at the trait card underneath the scientist.

ACTION HISTORY:

1.1: CHILI questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The CONMAN is exhausted.
2.1: PBS NEWSHOUR questions the UNDERGRAD, viewing her two traits before shuffling them with the CHILD's trait, then redistributing them. The CONMAN is unexhausted, the UNDERGRAD is exhausted.
3.1: ASIINA questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The UNDERGRAD is unexhausted, the CONMAN is exhausted.
3.2: ASIINA places an exile token on the HERMIT.
4.1: MEINBERG questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to PBS NEWSHOUR before placing it at the bottom of her stack.

Max posted:

Clockwork, shouldn't the hermit only have one card?

word

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Feb 16, 2016

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Clockwork, shouldn't the hermit only have one card?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, Meinburg, I strongly urge you to place an exile token on either the undergrad or the scientist.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Max posted:

Also, Meinburg, I strongly urge you to place an exile token on either the undergrad or the scientist.

The Celebrity seems clear thus far.

Exile UNDERGRAD

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
TURN FOUR:

Meinberg places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.

Action Queue: MG2 do a thang, relevant people do a thang.

TURN FIVE:

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

Survivors:
  1. :banme::banme: UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from.
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait.
  4. :banme::banme: HERMIT: (1) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.
  5. CELEBRITY: (3) Draw and look at the top trait, then show it to another player of your choice. Place the viewed trait on the bottom of the stack. EXHAUSTED

ACTION HISTORY:

3.2: ASIINA places an exile token on the HERMIT.
4.1: MEINBERG questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to PBS NEWSHOUR before placing it at the bottom of her stack.
4.2: MEINBERG places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 19:54 on Feb 16, 2016

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Who should I question? I'm having a hard time figuring out the best strategy for this game.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
I'm thinking the scientist or the child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

MG2 posted:

I'm thinking the scientist or the child

Questioning the child wouldn't be terrible at this point. She'll refresh after Somber's turn anyway.

• Locked thread