Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Question child

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Question child

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
TURN FOUR:

MG2 questions the CHILD. He views the trait on the CHILD and puts it back. The CHILD is exhausted until a survivor is exiled, the CELEBRITY is unexhausted.

Action Queue: MG2 place an exile vote, relevant people you know by now whether or not you have a thing you can do and when to do it so I will probably stop saying this part..

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

Turn Order: Chili Max, PBS Newshour, Asiina, Meinberg, MG2, Somberbrero.

Survivors:
  1. :banme::banme: UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from.
  2. CHILD: (1) After questioning, the child is exhausted until a survivor has been voted out of the bunker. EXHAUSTED
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait.
  4. :banme::banme: HERMIT: (1) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.
  5. CELEBRITY: (3) Draw and look at the top trait, then show it to another player of your choice. Place the viewed trait on the bottom of the stack.
  6. SCIENTIST: (2) Draw and look at one trait. You may not look at the trait card underneath the scientist.

The order is cyclical, meaning the SCIENTIST is also adjacent to the UNDERGRAD.

ACTION HISTORY:

1.1: CHILI questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The CONMAN is exhausted.
1.2: CHILI places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
2.1: PBS NEWSHOUR questions the UNDERGRAD, viewing her two traits before shuffling them with the CHILD's trait, then redistributing them. The CONMAN is unexhausted, the UNDERGRAD is exhausted.
2.2: PBS NEWSHOUR places an exile token on the HERMIT.
3.1: ASIINA questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The UNDERGRAD is unexhausted, the CONMAN is exhausted.
3.2: ASIINA places an exile token on the HERMIT.
4.1: MEINBERG questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to PBS NEWSHOUR before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted, the CONMAN is unexhausted.
4.2: MEINBERG places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
5.1: MG2 questions the CHILD. MG2 views the CHILD's traid and places it back. The CHILD is exhausted. The CELEBRITY is unexhausted.

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 05:25 on Feb 17, 2016

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Place token on undergrad

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
MG2, child cultist? I assume not.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

PBS Newshour posted:

MG2, child cultist? I assume not.

Not

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait a minute!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If you have the therapist you should immediately use it. I just realized the true purpose of that card and I feel like a big dummy for not.

Especially in a 6 player game, because we know every ability had the chance to be selected. If you are town and you didn't picked the therapist, you made a really really really big mistake and pick it any chance you get in any future games. Because town should always be picking it, eldars would probably never pick it unless they want to do some crazy mind game poo poo, I mean especially since they might not even get the chance to try to use their ability to find their cult buddy since there is a chance they don't even have one in the game. Its a really really poo poo choice for them.

But basically by claiming immediately we learn a lot about the game, you can tell us the ability you didn't pick and we also you can clear someone else or find an eldar.

But also by no one claiming the therapist we know that ability is off the board and the cultist had a chance to pick it, which may seem like nothing but once abilities start getting revealed it will add up.

So yeah, if you are the therapist, sorry I didn't realize this poo poo earlier when it would have been most useful.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i wish i had the ability to not sound crazy when i explain things like this because i think i am sounding crazy

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
As a note, you can only use the Therapist if it's your turn. Sooo... next time the Therapist's turn comes around, they should use it.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Don't have time to type a full post right now but:

MG2 puts an exile token on the Undergrad. She is now 3/2 against the Hermit.

It's Somberbrero's turn. He reveals that he is THE THERAPIST. He looks at Asiina's identity card and shows his own to Asiina. :iiam:

It's Somberbrero's turn to question/exile.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Hi Somber :sun:

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina/Somber for the secret cultists in this game.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Asiina posted:

What's up with the Conman?

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
:iiam:

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Asiina posted:

Hi Asiina :(

Asiina is bad guys.

I'm presuming I should exile the Undergrad but I didn't realize I got to question in addition to revealing. Have we seen all the Celebrity traits?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i knew it!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also somber what power did you not pick

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So the prophet is on the hermit currently.

So yeah, get rid of the undergrad, then we don't have to worry about what the celebrity even has since the prophet would be next to it, and then we just have to deal with the scientist and a few other cards

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
I discarded Lawyer.

So since I have to question someone anyway,

Question CELEBRITY, showing trait to Max

Exile token on UNDERGRAD

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we don't have to question the celebrity tho!! prophet would make it safe if they're any cultist on it, and if anyone moves the prophet now that isn't asiina we know they baddie

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If we discover that we don't need the prophet next to the celebrity, we can move it somewhere else to be more effective, in the event that the undergrad doesn't have a cult card on them.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Anyway, it's too late.

I am more worried about the conman, to be honest. Asiina is being way too cagey about it.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
The child was not a cultist

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I was thinking of claiming anyway since this feels more like a beta test than a real game, so I guess this takes the decision out of my hands.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Celeb is fine, based on what I saw.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
:siren:

TURN FIVE:

MG2 places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.

TURN SIX:

SOMBERBRERO reveals his THERAPIST ability. He shows his identity card to ASIINA in exchange for seeing ASIINA's identity.

SOMBERBRERO questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to MAX before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted.

SOMBERBRERO places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.

The UNDERGRAD has the most tokens at the end of Turn 6. The UNDERGRAD is exiled.

The CHILD is unexhausted.

MEINBERG reveals his PSYCHIC ability. He views the UNDERGRAD's traits.

TURN 7:

Action Queue: Max, question a survivor and place a vote.

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

Turn Order: Chili Max, PBS Newshour, Asiina, Meinberg, MG2, Somberbrero.

Survivors:
  1. UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from.
  2. CHILD: (1) After questioning, the child is exhausted until a survivor has been voted out of the bunker. EXHAUSTED
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait.
  4. :banme::banme: HERMIT: (1) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.
  5. CELEBRITY: (3) Draw and look at the top trait, then show it to another player of your choice. Place the viewed trait on the bottom of the stack.
  6. SCIENTIST: (2) Draw and look at one trait. You may not look at the trait card underneath the scientist.

The order is cyclical, meaning the SCIENTIST is also adjacent to the CHILD.

ACTION HISTORY:

1.1: CHILI questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The CONMAN is exhausted.
1.2: CHILI places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
2.1: PBS NEWSHOUR questions the UNDERGRAD, viewing her two traits before shuffling them with the CHILD's trait, then redistributing them. The CONMAN is unexhausted, the UNDERGRAD is exhausted.
2.2: PBS NEWSHOUR places an exile token on the HERMIT.
3.1: ASIINA questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The UNDERGRAD is unexhausted, the CONMAN is exhausted.
3.2: ASIINA places an exile token on the HERMIT.
4.1: MEINBERG questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to PBS NEWSHOUR before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted, the CONMAN is unexhausted.
4.2: MEINBERG places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
5.1: MG2 questions the CHILD. MG2 views the CHILD's traid and places it back. The CHILD is exhausted. The CELEBRITY is unexhausted.
5.2: MG2 places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
6.1: SOMBERBRERO reveals his THERAPIST ability. He shows his identity card to Asiina in exchange for seeing Asiina's identity.
6.2: SOMBERBRERO questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to MAX before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted.
6.3: SOMBERBRERO places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
6.4: The UNDERGRAD has the most tokens at the end of Turn 6. The UNDERGRAD is exiled.
6.5: MEINBERG reveals his PSYCHIC ability. He views the UNDERGRAD's traits.

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 02:34 on Feb 18, 2016

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Blah, the Undergrad was clear. There's still two Cultists out there.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm,

Question the Athlete

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Max posted:

Hmm,

Question the Athlete

?????

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm an idiot.

Question conman, switch scientist

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Max posted:

I'm an idiot.

Question conman, switch scientist

Which one? She's got 2 cards.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am starting to think most albities should be used round one, hm

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Huh, I was under the impression you simply couldn't look at the one underneath her.

Conman, switch with card underneath scientist.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien

PBS Newshour posted:

I am starting to think most albities should be used round one, hm

Yeah I should have used mine round 1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I had another ability, but because I was dealt Jastry, I was forced into using that one.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
I honestly feel like I picked the stronger "town" ability, but it doesn't feel particularly useful.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

Being Psychic is pretty sweet ya'll. You should definitely pick it if you have the opportunity to do so.

Also, I'm currently at a convention, so I might be a bit slow to do things. I'm going to have some breaks, but I'm going to be quite busy until I get home on Sunday.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

Max posted:

Huh, I was under the impression you simply couldn't look at the one underneath her.

Text on the card only activates when the survivor is questioned. Hence all the switching with the Hermit earlier in the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Aha.

Give me a moment, I need to think about who to put my exile token on.

To town: I suggest you place the card I got from the conman back on the scientist.

• Locked thread