Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
I will say, though, that I think future games would be much better, just based on the experience. Also that I am pretty excited to play this in person.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
asiina please do something

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'll choose for her: Asiina chooses to Conman the bottom card of the scientist.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

She has not told me to do this, I'm just taking initiative here because I don't think she's interested in this anymore.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
As Asiina, I believe the move I would take, knowing what she knows, is to activate the Conman, switching his card with the Hermit's. Then I would vote for the Hermit.

To not unfairly handicap her teammate, that's the move I'm going to do for her. Any complaints on this action can be filed to the complaint department, thanks.

TURN 9:

ASIINA questions the CONMAN switching his trait for the HERMIT's trait. The CONMAN is exhausted. The CELEBRITY is unexhausted.

ASIINA places an exile token on the HERMIT.

Action Queue: Meinberg, question a survivor and place a vote.

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

[timg]http://i.imgur.com/nt7TTz9.png[/timg

Turn Order: Chili Max, PBS Newshour, Asiina, Meinberg, MG2, Somberbrero.

Survivors:
  1. UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from.
  2. CHILD: (1) After questioning, the child is exhausted until a survivor has been voted out of the bunker. EXHAUSTED
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait.
  4. :banme::banme: HERMIT: (1) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.
  5. :banme::banme: CELEBRITY: (3) Draw and look at the top trait, then show it to another player of your choice. Place the viewed trait on the bottom of the stack.
  6. SCIENTIST: (2) Draw and look at one trait. You may not look at the trait card underneath the scientist.

The order is cyclical, meaning the SCIENTIST is also adjacent to the CHILD.

ACTION HISTORY:

1.1: CHILI questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The CONMAN is exhausted.
1.2: CHILI places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
2.1: PBS NEWSHOUR questions the UNDERGRAD, viewing her two traits before shuffling them with the CHILD's trait, then redistributing them. The CONMAN is unexhausted, the UNDERGRAD is exhausted.
2.2: PBS NEWSHOUR places an exile token on the HERMIT.
3.1: ASIINA questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The UNDERGRAD is unexhausted, the CONMAN is exhausted.
3.2: ASIINA places an exile token on the HERMIT.
4.1: MEINBERG questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to PBS NEWSHOUR before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted, the CONMAN is unexhausted.
4.2: MEINBERG places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
5.1: MG2 questions the CHILD. MG2 views the CHILD's traid and places it back. The CHILD is exhausted. The CELEBRITY is unexhausted.
5.2: MG2 places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
6.1: SOMBERBRERO reveals his THERAPIST ability. He shows his identity card to Asiina in exchange for seeing Asiina's identity.
6.2: SOMBERBRERO questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to MAX before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted.
6.3: SOMBERBRERO places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
6.4: The UNDERGRAD has the most tokens at the end of Turn 6. The UNDERGRAD is exiled.
6.5: MEINBERG reveals his PSYCHIC ability. He views the UNDERGRAD's traits.
7.1: MAX questions the CONMAN, switching his trait for the SCIENTIST's hidden trait. The CONMAN is exhausted. The CELEBRITY is unexhausted.
7.2: MAX places an exile token on the CELEBRITY.
8.1: PBS NEWSHOUR reveals as the ACTOR, and uses the THERAPIST ability on MG2, viewing each other's identity cards.
8.2: PBS NEWSHOUR questions the CELEBRITY showing the trait to MG2 before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted. The CONMAN is UNEXHAUSTED.
8.3: PBS NEWSHOUR places an exile toke on the CELEBRITY.
9.1: ASIINA questions the CONMAN switching his trait for the HERMIT's trait. The CONMAN is exhausted. The CELEBRITY is unexhausted.
9.2: ASIINA places an exile token on the HERMIT.

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Feb 22, 2016

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hmm, there's a teammate.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The card that is now underneath the Hermit is completely wasted there, and really should be on the scientist.

gently caress, that's actually a problem.

We need to get the card back from the hermit onto the conman, then need to send that to the bottom card of the scientist.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
My turn is going to be important

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)
I would like to question THE SCIENTIST

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I will place an Exile Token on the CONMAN. The scientist's card is the Doomsayer!

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We really need the hermit card to get to the scientist.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Why would you exile the conman, he's currently the prophet?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Wait, are you allowed to say that?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you can't say the thing is the doomsayer, but you could be like this thing is a cultist right now

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
I want to use my ability

Max
Nov 30, 2002

If Meinburg is the other cultist in this game then it's kinda lovely that he just claims a trait when we have to side step around that.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
eldars aren't suppose to do that anyway, its just meinberg making a dummy mistake

silly meinberg

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Who should I question?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
you are suppose to do that on your turn

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The card underneath the Hermit is completely wasted there, but I don't think we have enough turns to actually move it to where it needs to be. It really needs to be under the scientist to be the most effective.

If the celebrity is clear based on what everyone has seen, I would say conman the celebrity to at least negate one of the bad traits on the scientist.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
It's my turn after meinberg and he just went

Max
Nov 30, 2002

We usually have to wait for clockwork to resolve it all first.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
I know but we can still talk about our plans. I haven't revealed what my ability is yet

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
You guys are correct in that Meinberg is only allowed to say whether or not the Scientist is currently a cultist, not what specific traits she may or may not have. Meinberg is a dummy what ain't read the rules correctly. As the same information might have been relayed via implicit versus explicit information (i.e. what Max has been trying to do with some trait information he has), I'm unsure that censure is necessary, but am open to suggestions for punishments you feel are correct, though don't know what seems appropriate. If I were to punish him, my immediate inclination would be to void his exile vote.

At any rate, here's the turn as it currently stands:

TURN 10:

MEINBERG questions the SCIENTIST, viewing her visible trait. The SCIENTIST is exhausted. The CONMAN is unexhausted.

MEINBERG places an exile token on the CONMAN.

Action Queue: MG2, question a survivor and place a vote.

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

Turn Order: Chili Max, PBS Newshour, Asiina, Meinberg, MG2, Somberbrero.

Survivors:
  1. UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from.
  2. CHILD: (1) After questioning, the child is exhausted until a survivor has been voted out of the bunker. EXHAUSTED
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait.
  4. :banme::banme: HERMIT: (1) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.
  5. :banme::banme: CELEBRITY: (3) Draw and look at the top trait, then show it to another player of your choice. Place the viewed trait on the bottom of the stack.
  6. SCIENTIST: (2) Draw and look at one trait. You may not look at the trait card underneath the scientist.

The order is cyclical, meaning the SCIENTIST is also adjacent to the CHILD.

ACTION HISTORY:

1.1: CHILI questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The CONMAN is exhausted.
1.2: CHILI places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
2.1: PBS NEWSHOUR questions the UNDERGRAD, viewing her two traits before shuffling them with the CHILD's trait, then redistributing them. The CONMAN is unexhausted, the UNDERGRAD is exhausted.
2.2: PBS NEWSHOUR places an exile token on the HERMIT.
3.1: ASIINA questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The UNDERGRAD is unexhausted, the CONMAN is exhausted.
3.2: ASIINA places an exile token on the HERMIT.
4.1: MEINBERG questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to PBS NEWSHOUR before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted, the CONMAN is unexhausted.
4.2: MEINBERG places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
5.1: MG2 questions the CHILD. MG2 views the CHILD's traid and places it back. The CHILD is exhausted. The CELEBRITY is unexhausted.
5.2: MG2 places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
6.1: SOMBERBRERO reveals his THERAPIST ability. He shows his identity card to Asiina in exchange for seeing Asiina's identity.
6.2: SOMBERBRERO questions the CELEBRITY, showing the trait to MAX before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted.
6.3: SOMBERBRERO places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
6.4: The UNDERGRAD has the most tokens at the end of Turn 6. The UNDERGRAD is exiled.
6.5: MEINBERG reveals his PSYCHIC ability. He views the UNDERGRAD's traits.
7.1: MAX questions the CONMAN, switching his trait for the SCIENTIST's hidden trait. The CONMAN is exhausted. The CELEBRITY is unexhausted.
7.2: MAX places an exile token on the CELEBRITY.
8.1: PBS NEWSHOUR reveals as the ACTOR, and uses the THERAPIST ability on MG2, viewing each other's identity cards.
8.2: PBS NEWSHOUR questions the CELEBRITY showing the trait to MG2 before placing it at the bottom of her stack. The CELEBRITY is exhausted. The CONMAN is UNEXHAUSTED.
8.3: PBS NEWSHOUR places an exile toke on the CELEBRITY.
9.1: ASIINA questions the CONMAN switching his trait for the HERMIT's trait. The CONMAN is exhausted. The CELEBRITY is unexhausted.
9.2: ASIINA places an exile token on the HERMIT.
10.1: MEINBERG questions the SCIENTIST, viewing her visible trait. The SCIENTIST is exhausted. The CONMAN is unexhausted.
10.2: MEINBERG places an exile token on the CONMAN

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Feb 23, 2016

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Clockwork I wanna use my ability

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
I'll go ahead and process this, as I suspect nothing will affect whether or not it happens.

MG2 reveals his SALESMAN ability card. He may question two survivors this turn.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Who should I question? I can ask two peeps

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

I am indeed a big dummy, who is super sick right now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

How does the order of the salesman work? Is it just one and then another? And are both people exhausted?

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
My read on it would be that "Question a Survivor" is a distinct phase of play separate from the rest of the turn, so MG2 will be able to question twice during that phase, after which the survivors questioned will be exhausted.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i just printed this game and yeah on the back of the cards you exhaust after exile tokens, so not even directly after questioning which seems to point to it being ok

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
Question conman switch card with hermit

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

MG2 posted:

Question conman switch card with hermit

This occurs! Question another survivor.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

MG2, do you see why that card should be under the scientist?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Also, please place an exile marker on the celebrity.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The scientist is currently exhausted, yeah? I would just look at the child just to make sure that's definitely not a cultist. But there isn't much else for us to do now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Clockwork's action he took on behalf of Asiina may have lost us the game.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
question child

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I also realize what mistake I made on my turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock

MG2 posted:

question child

This also happens. Please place an exile token.

The CHILD and the CONMAN become exhausted. The SCIENTIST is unexhausted.

Somberbrero, prepare your action and vote so we can RIDE THIS BABY HOME.

• Locked thread