Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.

Somberbrero posted:

Yes please. I read the rules! I read them thrice.

There are a bunch of cards on the table. These cards have Traits. Some cards have more Traits then others, but these are unique. When it's your turn you pick a card and pick a Trait. Their Traits say if they're Scum or no. You can't question the dude someone did last round. After you look at a trait you can say if they're scum or not and nothing more, or whatever the trait says. Then you have to put a vote token on one of the cards.

Then it's the next dude's turn.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe

Clockwork Gadget posted:

Chili, can you confirm that you want to question the Child?

Just for future purposes, bold final decisions for me, thanks.

If anyone wants to preload abilities, my PM box is ALWAYS OPEN.

I'll let the child be. Somber, you are being humble and you're smart. Tell me what to do, I'll do that.

Meinberg
Oct 9, 2011

inspired by but legally distinct from CATS (2019)

PBS Newshour posted:

i wish i was an eldar so i could use all the pro strats i figured out :smith:

The eldar are smug rear end space elves. Don't be an eldar. Be a Tau!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Chili posted:

I'll let the child be. Somber, you are being humble and you're smart. Tell me what to do, I'll do that.

Man I appreciate the sentiment but I should probably just be observing at this juncture.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh poo poo, i didn't realized the celebrity has 3, not 2, traits. That is crazy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chili posted:

conman

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

i would like to play next time

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also you want to conman the hermit

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Basically if you get cultist you can stick it right back on the hermit and then we can get rid of it and keep the conman which seems like a useful guy to have, because it theotically lets you be able to move stuff pet dog, prophet, and doomsayer

if the trait we get is not cultist, we conman the hermit again on turn 3 I think unless something turns up turn 2 that changes things

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also yeah, I think we do need to tend to think more about getting rid of survivors based on their ablities instead of traits if we are able to move the traits easily and have enough time to do it or whatever, because the hemit is something we really want to get rid of if we can.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh, to talk about something that was kinda brought up in the board game thread, the jerk is also dangerous if you have a character that has the cultist trait as well as the jerk trait.

I think there is a lot more going on with that card then what just seems to be on its face.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wish we were playing this game in person because I keep having thoughts about this game but I don't want to flood the thread.

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Let's do this; Question the Conman

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
You view the Conman's trait AFTER you switch it with another, so you need to choose who (and which trait, if necessary) you wish to switch it with first if you are choosing to question the Conman.

e.g., Question the Conman, switching for Hermit's trait or Question the Conman, switching for the hidden Scientist trait or Question the Conman, switching for 3rd Celebrity trait

e: I realize that the rules are a bit confusing and poorly worded in parts. I might work today on rewording them to make the copy read a bit more clearly.

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 15:14 on Feb 12, 2016

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Ok, really wish this went to someone smarter than me:

Question Conman, switch for Hermit

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
TURN ONE:

Chili questions the CONMAN.

He takes the trait from beneath the CONMAN and switches it with the trait beneath the HERMIT. He views the trait, then places it beneath the CONMAN, exhausting the CONMAN.

Action Queue: Chili, place an exile token. Anyone with a one-shot ability that can be activated before or after an exile token is placed, choose whether to use it and send a PM.

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

Turn Order: Chili, PBS Newshour, Asiina, Meinberg, MG2, Somberbrero.

Survivors:
  1. UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from.
  2. CHILD: (1) After questioning, the child is exhausted until a survivor has been voted out of the bunker.
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait. EXHAUSTED
  4. HERMIT: (1) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.
  5. CELEBRITY: (3) Draw and look at the top trait, then show it to another player of your choice. Place the viewed trait on the bottom of the stack.
  6. SCIENTIST: (2) Draw and look at one trait. You may not look at the trait card underneath the scientist.

The order is cyclical, meaning the SCIENTIST is also adjacent to the UNDERGRAD.

MG2
Jan 30, 2016

by LadyAmbien
What'd it say chili

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
I don't really think I'm allowed to say...?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You can say if its a cultist or not

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
You're allowed to say yes/no to whether or not the survivor is a cultist.

Also put an exile token on a survivor Chili!!!!!!!

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Chili, if you don't have an exile token choice by the time I go to sleep in a couple of hours, I'm gonna randomize one for you. It's been over a day!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
can i just make all the moves for everyone

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
K, gave it 36 hours. Chili's token is placed on the Undergrad. She has one vote now. It's capps turn.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

:munch::f5::munch:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Question Undergrad, do the shuffle with child

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
TURN TWO:

PBS Newshour questions the UNDERGRAD.

He takes the traits from beneath the UNDERGRAD, views them, then shuffles them with the card beneath the CHILD. He places 2 traits beneath the UNDERGRAD and one beneath the CHILD, exhausting the UNDERGRAD. He unexhausts the CONMAN.

Action Queue: PBS Newshour, place an exile token. Anyone with a one-shot ability that can be activated before or after an exile token is placed, choose whether to use it and send a PM. Asiina, please prepare to take an action.

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

Turn Order: Chili, PBS Newshour, Asiina, Meinberg, MG2, Somberbrero.

Survivors:
  1. :banme: UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from. EXHAUSTED
  2. CHILD: (1) After questioning, the child is exhausted until a survivor has been voted out of the bunker.
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait.
  4. HERMIT: (1) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.
  5. CELEBRITY: (3) Draw and look at the top trait, then show it to another player of your choice. Place the viewed trait on the bottom of the stack.
  6. SCIENTIST: (2) Draw and look at one trait. You may not look at the trait card underneath the scientist.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
This is really difficult without some sort of physical manifestation of the cards. I feel like we're supposed to be keeping track of where things are or where they're moving, but it's tricky.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Thing switch with other thing and now 3 things are shuffled, that's nothing.

No cultist on the undergrad initially, place 1 on the hermit

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
I can make an upload a table image, but it'd basically just be the same image of some blank card backs 99% of the time.

e: I'm pausing for a few hours to give people some reaction time.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
chili needs to get in the thread beause we are basically operating blind because of him

Chili
Jan 23, 2004

college kids ain't shit

Fun Shoe
Yeah. Sorry guys this is just not possible for me to wrap my head around. Replace me?

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
You got it, brosef. Appreciate you giving it a shot. I'll PM around to grab someone.

If you're having difficulties visualizing/remembering the exchange of cards, I have added action summaries to a history log at the bottom of the post. I can create an image and keep it updated without much difficulty, which I'll do tonight after I finish some work for grad skool. It's pretty much just gonna be pictures of the survivors with some card backs around 'em, because I can't really mark the cards in any traceable way due to abilities that randomly shuffle them.

TURN TWO:

PBS Newshour places an exile token on the HERMIT.

TURN THREE:

Action Queue: Asiina, question a survivor. Anyone with reaction abilities that take place after a token is placed can still react until Asiina submits an action.

CURRENT PLAY SPACE

Turn Order: Chili Max, PBS Newshour, Asiina, Meinberg, MG2, Somberbrero.

Survivors:
  1. :banme: UNDERGRAD: (2) Look at both traits. Then, draw one trait from any other survivor (do not look at it) and shuffle them all together. Return two traits to the undergrad and one to the survivor you drew from. EXHAUSTED
  3. CONMAN: (1) Switch the conman's trait with any other trait of your choice. Then, view the conman's new trait.
  4. :banme: HERMIT: (2) You may not look at the hermit's trait card.

ACTION HISTORY:

1.1: CHILI questions the CONMAN, switching the CONMAN's trait with the HERMIT's trait before viewing the CONMAN's new trait. The CONMAN is exhausted.
1.2: CHILI places an exile token on the UNDERGRAD.
2.1: PBS NEWSHOUR questions the UNDERGRAD, viewing her two traits before shuffling them with the CHILD's trait, then redistributing them. The CONMAN is unexhausted, the UNDERGRAD is exhausted.
2.2: PBS NEWSHOUR places an exile token on the HERMIT.

Clockwork Gadget fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Feb 15, 2016

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
So to talk it out, I feel like the Celebrity and Scientist would be better if I knew the cards better since they'd essentially eliminate cards from being in play.

Alternatively I could look at the conman and switch with the Hermit again, and then if Chili's replacement comes in we could know something about both of them.

I am confused though since if traits are moved around, even if I'm voting for a guy who is a cultist now, he may not be later?

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
For the duration of the thread, the part of Chili will be played by Max. He has been briefed accordingly and is ready to answer all Chili-related questions (but perhaps not chili-related questions).

Again, if anyone needs any direct rules interpretations, continue to feel free to PM me.

Clockwork Gadget
Oct 30, 2008

tick tock
Now with an image!

Click for table-breaking goodness.

Asiina
Apr 26, 2011

No going back
Grimey Drawer
Cool, so Max is there anything you want to say before I do my turn? Who would you have put a token on if you were here?

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I am confused though since if traits are moved around, even if I'm voting for a guy who is a cultist now, he may not be later?

yeah

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Hi everyone.

I read the rules over a few times to make sure I can say this: The conman is currently the prophet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

So if you happen to find a cultist card, you can place it on one of the child or the hermit, and we'd be fine, as long as things don't change for the conman and/or the person next to him.

Since the hermit already has a vote on him, I would put a cultist card underneath the child if you get a chance. The questioning the child seems like a wasted turn anyway, so that could be the safest route.

• Locked thread