Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I have played traitor games for half my life and they have warped my mind so I have to try this one as well... I have PMs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Somberbrero posted:

However, why do we want to question the child multiple times?

Eldars may lie is a possible reason why

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
There are other reasons why child is scary, ie things that switch out traits

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
players=/=survivors

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i have literally skim over this and i have a better grasp and understanding of this game than you somber

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i wish i was an eldar so i could use all the pro strats i figured out :smith:

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh poo poo, i didn't realized the celebrity has 3, not 2, traits. That is crazy.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Chili posted:

I'll let the child be. Somber, you are being humble and you're smart. Tell me what to do, I'll do that.

conman

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
also you want to conman the hermit

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Basically if you get cultist you can stick it right back on the hermit and then we can get rid of it and keep the conman which seems like a useful guy to have, because it theotically lets you be able to move stuff pet dog, prophet, and doomsayer

if the trait we get is not cultist, we conman the hermit again on turn 3 I think unless something turns up turn 2 that changes things

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also yeah, I think we do need to tend to think more about getting rid of survivors based on their ablities instead of traits if we are able to move the traits easily and have enough time to do it or whatever, because the hemit is something we really want to get rid of if we can.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Oh, to talk about something that was kinda brought up in the board game thread, the jerk is also dangerous if you have a character that has the cultist trait as well as the jerk trait.

I think there is a lot more going on with that card then what just seems to be on its face.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I wish we were playing this game in person because I keep having thoughts about this game but I don't want to flood the thread.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
You can say if its a cultist or not

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
can i just make all the moves for everyone

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Question Undergrad, do the shuffle with child

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Thing switch with other thing and now 3 things are shuffled, that's nothing.

No cultist on the undergrad initially, place 1 on the hermit

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
chili needs to get in the thread beause we are basically operating blind because of him

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I am confused though since if traits are moved around, even if I'm voting for a guy who is a cultist now, he may not be later?

yeah

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Max posted:

The other option is to vote out the hermit so that the celebrity is adjacent to the conman. Since the celebrity has the highest chance of being a cultist, that would ensure we cover that base.

i like this, this is smart, we should do this

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
the hermit loving sucks and we want to get rid of it anyway. lets keep that prophet there asiina please!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
no

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post

Asiina posted:

I'm sorry, I got confused between plans.

i suddenly don't trust asiina

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
MG2, child cultist? I assume not.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
wait a minute!!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
If you have the therapist you should immediately use it. I just realized the true purpose of that card and I feel like a big dummy for not.

Especially in a 6 player game, because we know every ability had the chance to be selected. If you are town and you didn't picked the therapist, you made a really really really big mistake and pick it any chance you get in any future games. Because town should always be picking it, eldars would probably never pick it unless they want to do some crazy mind game poo poo, I mean especially since they might not even get the chance to try to use their ability to find their cult buddy since there is a chance they don't even have one in the game. Its a really really poo poo choice for them.

But basically by claiming immediately we learn a lot about the game, you can tell us the ability you didn't pick and we also you can clear someone else or find an eldar.

But also by no one claiming the therapist we know that ability is off the board and the cultist had a chance to pick it, which may seem like nothing but once abilities start getting revealed it will add up.

So yeah, if you are the therapist, sorry I didn't realize this poo poo earlier when it would have been most useful.

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i wish i had the ability to not sound crazy when i explain things like this because i think i am sounding crazy

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
i knew it!!

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Also somber what power did you not pick

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
So the prophet is on the hermit currently.

So yeah, get rid of the undergrad, then we don't have to worry about what the celebrity even has since the prophet would be next to it, and then we just have to deal with the scientist and a few other cards

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
we don't have to question the celebrity tho!! prophet would make it safe if they're any cultist on it, and if anyone moves the prophet now that isn't asiina we know they baddie

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
I am starting to think most albities should be used round one, hm

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Reveal Actor, Use Therapist ability on MG2

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Alright, MG2 is clear, which is good to know, but it also means we don't have to worry about the child still which is doubly good

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
question celebrity, show trait to MG2

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
Place a token on the celebrity

We know for now the child is clear, so yeah even though the celebrity is clear we know where the prophet is

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
oh sorry
exile token on celebrity

Our biggest problems is just the eldars moving poo poo around now

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
And if we have another eldar...

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this is where asiina ruins everything ahh!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snooze Cruise
Feb 16, 2013

hey look,
a post
this would be better in person

• Locked thread