Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pram
Jun 10, 2001
ubuntu

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pram
Jun 10, 2001
ubuntu 14.04 LTS

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Phoenixan posted:

i sometimes use opensuse and yast owns

lmao get the gently caress out

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Clockwerk posted:

you can also install fedora server if you want. but then you're going to have to install gnome and set it up to boot into a gui and a bunch of other poo poo to make it usable because you're not a sperglord, at which point you'll be asking yoruself, why didn't i install the desktop edition and then add in whatever special snowflake software i think i need because ima real computer toucher and only the best server edition packaged releases may grace my ssd

hes talking about a headless vps you dumb bastard

pram
Jun 10, 2001
durrr install fedora on yr vps. teh. it has epic gnomery. lol for the win

pram
Jun 10, 2001

Gazpacho posted:

i remember

rip

pram
Jun 10, 2001
i remember that hosed up tgz packaging system that had zero dependency checking