Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
So how does this work?
If you want to participate, send me a list of your 20 favorite active NBA players. This means that whoever you have on your ballot must have played in at least one game during the 2014-2015 season, or be expected to do so. You can take the selection process as seriously as you want, this is all in good fun (please note how the thread title says "favorite" instead of "best". This will probably be important later on).

You can either pm me your list or send it to wheelchairmosh@gmail.com

Here's a template for your list, please send it to me in this format so I don't have to count whether everyone really put 20 guys on their ballot.

The list will be tabulated as follows: The top player on your list gets 20 points, the second one gets 19, all the way down to #20, who gets 1 point. If you send in an incomplete list it will damage your top choices. For example, the top guy on a list only counting 15 guys gets 15 points instead of 20.

Can I stuff my ballot with all my favorite role players and human victory cigars?
Sure! Like I said, you can take this as seriously as you want to.

What about guys who are injured or playing in China or whatever?
We'll count them as long as they're expected to make it back onto an NBA court reasonably soon. These will be judged on a case by case basis.

Can I be an extra special snowflake and vote for WNBA players?
Please don't. I don't care how much you like Lauren Jackson, I won't count any part of your ballot this year if she's on it.

What's the deadline?
Next Tuesday, noon. Extended to Thursday night after Spurs / Clippers ends.

Speaking of, who won last time?
Here's last year's Top 50.

code:
Steph Curry 	434
Dirk Nowitzki	  354
Russell Westbrook	296
Anthony Davis	277
LeBron James	269
Giannis Antetokounmpo	232
DeMarcus Cousins	225
Kevin Durant	191
Tim Duncan	177
Marc Gasol	167
Boris Diaw	166
Nick Young	166
John Wall 	165
Kobe Bryant	162
Jimmy Butler	150
Blake Griffin	150
Kyle Korver	150
Joakim Noah	146
Monta Ellis	142
Pau Gasol	140
Klay Thompson	130
Andrew Wiggins 	129
Damian Lillard	128
Ricky Rubio	118
Chris Bosh	111
Tyson Chandler	106
Manu Ginobili 	106
James Harden	105
Deandre Jordan	102
JR Smith	100
Larry Sanders	96
Nate Robinson	92
Rajon Rondo	90
Javale McGee	87
Kawhi Leonard	86
Chris Paul	79
Patty Mills	75
LaMarcus Aldridge	73
Zach Randolph	71
Yusuf Nurkic	68
Vince Carter 	67
Eric Bledsoe	62
Andre Drummond	62
Carmelo Anthony	57
Derrick Rose	56
Draymond Green	55
Demar Derozan	53
Kyle Lowry	52
Nicola Vucevic	51
Jamal Crawford	51
Will Draymond Green and Paul George crack the top 30 this time? Can Giannis and Anthony Davis hold on to their Top 10 spots without making the playoffs? AND WHAT ABOUT BOBAN?

Please don't post your ballots in this thread until the countdown is over, it makes it more fun for everyone. Instead, use this thread to campaign for people you think might get overlooked. Use all the gifs, articles, stats and silly pictures at your disposal (or send them to me along with your ballot ).

Illinois Smith fucked around with this message at 10:29 on Feb 16, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Ninety-one? There are ninety other "Tiger Drivers"? Do any involve actual tigers, or driving?
goddamnit, someone edit the year in the title please

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.
Sent mine

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Y'all should vote for Steven Adams because he has the sweetest stache in the league

Lockback
Sep 3, 2006

All days are nights to see till I see thee; and nights bright days when dreams do show me thee.

Metapod posted:

Y'all should vote for Steven Adams because he has the sweetest stache in the league

Nobody is voting for Steven Adams.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
Is there a way to vote against Steph Curry

Grozz Nuy
Feb 21, 2008

Welcome to Moonside.

Wecomel to Soonmide.

Moonwel ot cosidme.

EvanTH posted:

Is there a way to vote against Steph Curry

Yeah, it's a secret trick where you put him at #1 on the list. Don't tell anybody.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
You know how I voted. For your consideration:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycPdsTBbGB0

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
Does "reasonably soon" rule Embiid out

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Lockback posted:

Nobody is voting for Steven Adams.

I'm a somebody :colbert:

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Can I change my ballot because Aaron Gordon is definitely top 5 now?

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
King Zing #1 in my heart.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Metapod posted:

Can I change my ballot because Aaron Gordon is definitely top 5 now?
sure

xbilkis posted:

Does "reasonably soon" rule Embiid out
nah, I believe

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Has Steven Adams actually been good this year or is the reason some Thunder fan weirdo just put him above Durant purely moustache-based?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

Illinois Smith posted:

Has Steven Adams actually been good this year or is the reason some Thunder fan weirdo just put him above Durant purely moustache-based?

search your heart

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

Illinois Smith posted:

Remember, this is favorite player. When i eventually submit mine as a Pel fan, Davis will struggle to be top 5.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

Illinois Smith posted:

Adams actually is good. Why someone puts him ahead of durant remains to be seen

ButtWolf
Dec 30, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Metapod posted:

Adams actually is good. Why someone puts him ahead of durant remains to be seen

Because hes my type of player.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Yeah, I'm sorry for this whole tangent. I think I forgot the premise for my own dumb thread.

Spacebump
Dec 24, 2003

Dallas Mavericks: Generations
Going to be sad to see Dirk drop out of 2nd place this year.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Quick update: As of right now I only have 9 ballots (compared to 43 total last year), do you guys need more time or something? Should we go back to only doing this every other year?

Ratedargh
Feb 20, 2011

Wow, Bob, wow. Fire walk with me.
Sent mine! I hope this happens. I love it.

tadashi
Feb 20, 2006

I wanted to fill this out but just voting for an all-former Kentucky list didn't seem like the best idea so I will just look forward to seeing the results.

Kibner
Oct 21, 2008

Acguy Supremacy

tadashi posted:

I wanted to fill this out but just voting for an all-former Kentucky list didn't seem like the best idea so I will just look forward to seeing the results.

Do it anyway.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring
There's nothing wrong with you, Ben, it's me. I apologize, but I had to leave you off the list. You should have stayed with the Bulls.

the mean lunch lady
Jun 24, 2009

went mad at sea
lots were drawn
Kroenke didn't survive
he was delicious
Sent mine in.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
I emailed mine. Did you get it?

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

NickRoweFillea posted:

I emailed mine. Did you get it?
Sure.

Props Department
Jul 10, 2007

creamed corn & confucius
After filling out most of my list with the obvious choices I mentally went around the league scanning everyone's roster for guys I love to watch. It wasn't until after sending in my picks that I realized I had completely forgotten about the Lakers.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967
Didn't know the deadline was so soon.

Let me whore for Myles Turner points:

https://twitter.com/NBATV/status/694313364135239680

https://twitter.com/Pacers/status/694360326578556928

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Turner owns, I'm glad the Pacers have a big man to get excited about again.

We're up to 19 ballots now. I'm extending the deadline to the end of the Spurs / Clippers game on Thursday.

EvanTH
Apr 24, 2004

i like to express my inner pain by being really boring on the phone
or just when i'm kickin it
that's me though
i'm kind of oddddddd
I submitted via PM a few days ago so you can just use that as the list since it's more authoritative than the vote

HOTLANTA MAN
Jul 4, 2010

by Hand Knit
Lipstick Apathy
Kyle Korver #1 forever

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

HOTLANTA MAN posted:

Kyle Korver #1 forever
Maybe you should send in a ballot because I don't think anyone else remembered about NBA All-Star Kyle Korver this year

Also we're up to 26 ballots now, keep them coming.

Jack's Flow
Jun 6, 2003

Life, friends, is boring

Illinois Smith posted:

Maybe you should send in a ballot because I don't think anyone else remembered about NBA All-Star Kyle Korver this year

Also we're up to 26 ballots now, keep them coming.

Could you throw #20 off of my list, and add Ben Gordon instead? Please? It's killing me that I've abandoned Ben. Shame! Shame! Shame!

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

Sure, I guess he counts since he played two preseason games with the Warriors. Has he even been playing anywhere internationally since he got waived? As much as I've come to like Clark I was super bummed when Gordon lost his bench spot to him, really hoping this isn't gonna turn into a quiet retirement.

Chairchucker
Nov 14, 2006

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022

Totally forgot about this so I wrote it in like 5 minutes just now and probably forgot heaps of people who are cooler than some of the people on this list OH WELL

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

We still got to a very respectable 33 ballots at the end, thanks for voting!

I'll be adding all of it up today probably, stay tuned.

Illinois Smith
Nov 15, 2003

:siren:IT BEGINS:siren:

Participation was down to 34 ballots (I forgot to put my own in the spreadsheet) from the 43 we had last year. Nonetheless, a player managed to set a new record for most points this year. More on that later though.

# 50 Steven Adams (40 points)
last time we did this: #66
Made 4 out of 34 lists, highest voted #2

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
We did it! :unsmith:

• Locked thread