Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Samael
Oct 16, 2012

What is Yew's obsession with gravy? I don't get it.

Also, I need friends who play this silly game too. My Friend Code is 0061-0189-8488.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2

Samael posted:

What is Yew's obsession with gravy? I don't get it.

Also, I need friends who play this silly game too. My Friend Code is 0061-0189-8488.

"It's all gravy" is a phrase meaning "It's all good". I have no idea if people say this outside of the UK so I have been wondering if Americans would be confused by this!

"Coup de gravy" made me laugh out loud hard.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

He's just a dork, basically.

Farming old enemies you can reliably 1 round for JP/EXP is infinitely more efficient than trying new ones, in case that wasn't readily apparent. You're more likely to get BP+1 at the start of a new round when you outclass enemies too, which is vital for extending your chain.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Interestingly, it's Magnolia who says "Good gravy!" when you're playing with Japanese voices. She also speaks English (surprisingly good English for a Japanese person, by the way) as opposed to French.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Sometimes, in a city this dirty, you need a real hero.
Can someone remind me how the city building thing works?

I'm still in the prologue and havent unlocked that yet, but i went out today and got about 8 streetpass hits (which is quite unusual for where i live). Do they only update the villagers when i hit the update streetpass option from the save guy menu or is it auto.

Basically, i know how much of a pain in the rear end it can be to get villagers in low streetpass areas and i'd rather not lose whatever i picked up today.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Kin posted:

I'm still in the prologue and havent unlocked that yet, but i went out today and got about 8 streetpass hits (which is quite unusual for where i live). Do they only update the villagers when i hit the update streetpass option from the save guy menu or is it auto.

Basically, i know how much of a pain in the rear end it can be to get villagers in low streetpass areas and i'd rather not lose whatever i picked up today.

IIRC you need to click update yeah.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Kin posted:

They only get added when you hit the update Streetpass option. However, you only get villagers from people who have also been playing Bravely Second, not from every Streetpass.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

So is there some big goon FC list so we can all be world saving buds together?

Speaking of which: 2148-8399-4584

My game still isn't here yet because gently caress the postal system here.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012
Chompcraft is the most bizzare addition to a game ever?
Why do we need a sweatshop sim?

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

It's just for a little fun/screen saver for if you put your console down to go do things. It's also cute but once you max out, I imagine you can make some serious pg because the conversion rate goes from something like 10,000cp for one pg to 100cp for one pg and considering some tools cost a million cp, it's probably not especially hard to make that much.

Chompers are very cute so that helps a lot too.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Dunban posted:

They only get added when you hit the update Streetpass option. However, you only get villagers from people who have also been playing Bravely Second, not from every Streetpass.

Aha, that rings a bell. Luckily i was right at the point where i unlock the city, but unluckily those 8 streetpass hits only turned into 1 extra villager :smith:

I know there's ways to screw around with your router to make it think it's some kind of super Nintendo hotspot, but to be honest, i'm not too keen on loving around with my routers Mac Address incase i permanently gently caress it up.

I do however have an old 3DS from when i switched over to the NN3DS. Would it be possible to create a dummy profile on that and use the same copy of Bravely Second to register a streetpass hit or does it have to be a different DS with a different copy of the game? IIRC you can only get a streetpass from the same 3DS once a day right? Even if that's the case, 1 extra villager a day is better than none.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Kin posted:

Aha, that rings a bell. Luckily i was right at the point where i unlock the city, but unluckily those 8 streetpass hits only turned into 1 extra villager :smith:

I know there's ways to screw around with your router to make it think it's some kind of super Nintendo hotspot, but to be honest, i'm not too keen on loving around with my routers Mac Address incase i permanently gently caress it up.

I do however have an old 3DS from when i switched over to the NN3DS. Would it be possible to create a dummy profile on that and use the same copy of Bravely Second to register a streetpass hit or does it have to be a different DS with a different copy of the game? IIRC you can only get a streetpass from the same 3DS once a day right? Even if that's the case, 1 extra villager a day is better than none.

I was using my second 3DS to get Streetpass hits in the demo; I don't know if Streetpassing a 3DS with the demo provides villagers in the full version too, maybe try that first.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Me, yesterday:

AMooseDoesStuff posted:

Me today, after a 30 minute session:

quote:

only got the most expensive tools left to unlock now

It was a nice way to relax after taking on the final boss of Chapter 1, which took a couple tries and some job and equipment rearranging.

Terper fucked around with this message at 16:06 on Feb 27, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Must have had a hell of a lucky streak to make enough to get that much in 30 mins. My Yew couldn't score a rare if his life depended on it, despite having a good 20% chance each time.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Oh, I spent some scattered minutes on it yesterday which probably added up to like, 15 minutes, it was just a 30 minute sesh today. Trick is to put all your cp into making the cake boost stronger, and then time the cake boost for when a project has some 10~ seconds left so you can get as many batches done as possible with one boost.

DoctorX
Dec 11, 2013

At first I thought it was stupid. Then I tried it and played for like an hour.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Aye, that's what I did. I just got a lovely Yew who doesn't want to make rad chompers.

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

Dunban posted:

I was using my second 3DS to get Streetpass hits in the demo; I don't know if Streetpassing a 3DS with the demo provides villagers in the full version too, maybe try that first.

Is there a way to reliably force the consoles to register a streetpass with eachother?

I popped the game into my old 3DS and chose update streetpass with the save guy (which activated it on the console as far as i'm aware).

I'm not quite sure what else i might have to do for them to pick eachother up.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Yew decided to git gud and bless me with rares

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Samael posted:

Junpei Hyde posted:

Speaking of which: 2148-8399-4584

I've added you both!

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

God this Chomp stuff is crazy when you have the final rare brush. I love it.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
My FC is 1848-2888-3654, gonna add you guys in a minute.

Kin posted:

Is there a way to reliably force the consoles to register a streetpass with eachother?

I popped the game into my old 3DS and chose update streetpass with the save guy (which activated it on the console as far as i'm aware).

I'm not quite sure what else i might have to do for them to pick eachother up.

Two 3DS systems can only Streetpass with each other about once a day. Just wait a couple of hours, if that was the reason.

Dunban fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Feb 27, 2016

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

I don't actually know how to use the exchange chompcraft points for pg function, so I'm basically sitting on 2 million chomp points with no function now. Hmm.

e: Apparently, it's a later game thing.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I don't much care for the new Special Attack themes but Magnolia's is good. In fact, it's the music that plays during Chompcrafting, which is probably why I'm wasting so much time at that.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

You can choose the music that plays during Chompcrafting with X, unlocking more requires you sells specific amounts.

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

Well yes what I meant was that's the music that I chose.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Well... you chose well bruv

Golden Goat
Aug 2, 2012

Oh my god i'm literally playing Dean Venture in fantasyland

Turhapuuro
Nov 7, 2009
So can I get the thief job later on if I chose to beat up DeRosa in chapter 1?

Also, I need some friends too: 2638-0603-2955.

Folt The Bolt
Feb 21, 2012

Nothing exciting to see here. Move along.
Got to the end of the Prologue. That was... interesting. I think I'll grind out some JP for my jobs now.

Nikolai! Not you too... :(

Turhapuuro posted:

Yes, you can. In the game's second half.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Turhapuuro posted:

Chapter 5 onwards, yes.

e: You can make at least 3,000,000 in about 5 minutes at Chompcraft when you are maxed out, and they transfer out to about 30,000pg when you can I think, so farming money in this game is probably super easy.

Josuke Higashikata fucked around with this message at 21:39 on Feb 27, 2016

Kin
Nov 4, 2003

So the friend codes we're giving eachother, does this tie into how many villagers you get when you hit the update option once a day in the save menu?

Edit: my code is
2423-3814-4667

Kin fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 27, 2016

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER

Golden Goat posted:

Oh my god i'm literally playing Dean Venture in fantasyland

It'll be a good contrast to Galak-Z, which is Dean Venture in Space, then.

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER
Hmm, am I missing something or is Fencer not all that great of a job?

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Kin posted:

So the friend codes we're giving eachother, does this tie into how many villagers you get when you hit the update option once a day in the save menu?
No you don't get Villagers from friends, but you can Summon them and also AbiLink to access skills you haven't unlocked yet (if they have).

Waldorf Sixpence
Sep 6, 2004

Often harder on Player 2
I don't think I get Chompcraft at all. Like the buffs you can apply only last long enough to affect one round of craft so...? What am I missing here? What am I supposed to be upgrading? I have multiple levels of upgrades but I have to activate them all separately.

AMooseDoesStuff
Dec 20, 2012

Dunban posted:

I've only just beat Chapter 1 but I never touched it. Didn't look very good to me.

Suaimhneas
Nov 19, 2005

That's how you get tinnitus

I am very upset about Nikolai dying. He was the best character in the demo! But we get left with just Yew and he's about as interesting as... well, as Tiz.

Oh what's that, now my quest is to go and revive Tiz? gently caress that, where's Ringabel

I may as well throw my friend code in with the rest: 0962-9710-0735

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Dunban posted:

You're missing something, granted that you're well equipped.

Going into Wolf form and then Stance Dancing between wolf and aurochs moves is probably your best damage dealer for a long time. Black Mage can outdamage it but the MP cost is high, Wizard is more utility, Cowboy is good but it's not as much raw output but you can do the stance dancing with it on as secondary.

Waldorf:
For chomps, Upgrade Snack, and then probably rare brush first and then probably scissors.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

I can't believe I sided with (chapter 2) loving Profiteur of all people. The other choices were pretty easy (sided with Jackal and Kamiizumi) but I had to sit and think about this one for a minute.

• Locked thread