Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serious norman
Dec 13, 2007

im pickle rick!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i'd let lisbeth peg me.

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

crossposting from millennial.jpg

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
I don't know if anybody cares about sweden that much I remember that one muppet was funny and I guess ikea is good enough if you need something cheap.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

reallivedinosaur posted:

I don't know if anybody cares about sweden that much I remember that one muppet was funny and I guess ikea is good enough if you need something cheap.

Sweden is where /r/redpill posters used to dream about moving to (lol moving to a new country without any marketable skills), but then they realized it's full of Muslims.

jyrque
Sep 4, 2011

Gravy Boat 2k
lol only swedes care about this thread

and finns I guess

poverty goat
Feb 15, 2004

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

reallivedinosaur posted:

shmorgdy borgdy bork bork bork

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

"I'm so befuddled by these instructions I have forgotten to but a beverage in my cup"

I Pledge The Legence
Sep 18, 2009

Gleaming the Cube

Prettz
Sep 3, 2002

I worked with a Swedish guy who had moved over here only a few years ago. Somehow he had zero accent. None at all. I couldn't believe he wasn't American. How do they do that?

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Prettz posted:

I worked with a Swedish guy who had moved over here only a few years ago. Somehow he had zero accent. None at all. I couldn't believe he wasn't American. How do they do that?

northern europeans are the whitest people imaginable next to canadians so i think that has something to do with it

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

Prettz posted:

Maybe he got a really good ESL program/had immersion at a young age?

Dinosaurmageddon
Jul 7, 2007

by zen death robot
Hell Gem
Swede thread, OP
:sweden:

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
They have snow and meatballs and that's all I know really

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
HAIL zlatan

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

They have snow and meatballs and that's all I know really
they have the best Counter-Strike players and melodic death metal bands

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Prettz posted:

Sweden are cultural frontrunners, that's why they sided with Germany in WW2 because they thought Hitler was gonna win, and that's why nowadays they just accept that America rules the world and they all speak English.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Amon Amarth is p awesome but nobody in Sweden knows about them because doing things like flying the Swedish flag or mentioning the Norse pantheon gets you labeled a racist.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

AugmentedVision posted:

Sweden are cultural frontrunners, that's why they sided with Germany in WW2 because they thought Hitler was gonna win, and that's why nowadays they just accept that America rules the world and they all speak English.

so we know who to nuke first when we're taking out china's allies for WW3

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
+

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009
sweden hasn't been cool since the early 90's.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J7FUw3GnTbA

AKA Pseudonym
May 16, 2004

A dashing and sophisticated young man
Doctor Rope

Prettz posted:

They watch a lot of American TV shows and movies. Plenty of British stuff too and lots of Swedes speak English with a British accent as well.

edit:

AKA Pseudonym fucked around with this message at 22:53 on Feb 11, 2016

Queen of Beans
Jun 15, 2007

naem
May 29, 2011

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax
*pic of highly developed country where life is about as good as it gets, according to whatever dumbass measure, but focuses on some drunk kids doing something stupid

heh heh heh!

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

real_slime posted:

*pic of highly developed country where life is about as good as it gets, according to whatever dumbass measure, but focuses on some drunk kids doing something stupid

heh heh heh!

I've had sex

LordArgh
Mar 17, 2009

Nap Ghost
*posts pic of somalia*

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO
so is girl dwith a dragon tattoo about how any woman who dresses like that has almost certainly been raped? bc i find that pretty disturbing

nomadologique
Mar 9, 2011

DUNK A DILL PICKLE REALDO

reallivedinosaur posted:

"I'm so befuddled by these instructions I have forgotten to but a beverage in my cup"

he is trying to figure out how he ended up w a cup after trying to build a cabinet dumb dumb

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD

nomadologique posted:

so is girl dwith a dragon tattoo about how any woman who dresses like that has almost certainly been raped? bc i find that pretty disturbing

nothing funny about raping swedish women

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

memories of better times

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Here are some of the actual names they would have gone by.
http://www.medievalists.net/2014/06/01/viking-nicknames/
code:
Male Norse Nicknames

Asbjorn Muscle of Orrastead
    Audun Thin-Hair
    Eirik Ale-Lover
    Eystein Foul-Fart
    Finni the Dream-Interpreter
    Gunnstein Berserks’-Killer
    Hermund the Bent
    Ketil Flat-Nose
    Kolbjorn the Slighter
    Olaf the Witch-Breaker
    Olvir the Child-Sparer
    Sigtrygg the Fast Sailing
    Thord the Left-Handed
    Thorgeir the Clumsy
    Thorir Leather-Neck
    Thorir the Troll-Burster
    Thorstein Ill-Luck
    Thrand Slender-Leg
    Ulf the Squint-Eyed
    Vemund Word-Master

Female Norse Nicknames

Astrid Wisdom-Slope
    Gro the Second-Sighted
    Hallgerd Twist-Breeks
    Hlif the Horse-Gelder
    Thora Moss-Neck
    Thorbjorg Ship-Breast
    Thordis the Big
    Thorunn Blue-Cheek
    Thurid Sound-Filler
    Yngvild All-Men’s-Sister

naem
May 29, 2011

Hi there is me Stabbing McTHUNDEREXPLOSION

real_slime
Apr 21, 2015

by Lowtax

nomadologique posted:

i find you pretty boring

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

It feels like a lot of important words were blurred out

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Velkest
Mar 1, 2014
ship-breast is the term i never knew how much i wanted to use

• Locked thread