Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ASSASSINS!
Jan 2, 2009

this is insanely good

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
sweden is like wanna be USA

Marv Albert
May 15, 2003

CAMP FARTING ROCKS
Jan 14, 2005

I don't get the sense of "oh my god a country being taken over by feminazis and mooslems" that these pictures seem intended to evoke. Instead I get the sense that Sweden actually just has a sincere belief in the validity of allowing people to express themselves, and that those people expressing themselves are themselves subject to that belief, as opposed to the lip-service NIMBY approach usually seen

Like, "hey, yeah, this school where gendered pronouns are banned. May as well see what happens" or "yeah white women you can wear headscarfs if you want, and even invite people to do the same thing, you do whatever makes you happy" or "huh, this performance artist is evoking serious reflection and commentary with her work" - none of it seems as though there's a legitimate chance of it overtaking the status quo, but you could see it being reasonably accepted if everyone fairly decided it should be.

I mean, hell, can you really say that there are no issues at all with the status quo being a function of the white majority?

Also what the hell Australia that some serious HDI going on

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Zazi posted:

I don't get the sense of "oh my god a country being taken over by feminazis and mooslems" that these pictures seem intended to evoke. Instead I get the sense that Sweden actually just has a sincere belief in the validity of allowing people to express themselves, and that those people expressing themselves are themselves subject to that belief, as opposed to the lip-service NIMBY approach usually seen

Like, "hey, yeah, this school where gendered pronouns are banned. May as well see what happens" or "yeah white women you can wear headscarfs if you want, and even invite people to do the same thing, you do whatever makes you happy" or "huh, this performance artist is evoking serious reflection and commentary with her work" - none of it seems as though there's a legitimate chance of it overtaking the status quo, but you could see it being reasonably accepted if everyone fairly decided it should be.

I mean, hell, can you really say that there are no issues at all with the status quo being a function of the white majority?

lol look at this blue pill human being

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Zazi posted:

lol@ americans living in a 3rd world squalor hellhole while australia stays top tier for the rest of my entire life

twerking on the railroad
Jun 23, 2007

Get on my level
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dCDMGu-xi30

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

lol@ americans living in a 3rd world squalor hellhole while australia stays top tier for the rest of my entire life

lol you are sunburnt brits, enjoy relying on imports to have anything non-repulsive to gently caress

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Zazi posted:

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Dave Concepcion posted:

lol you are sunburnt brits, enjoy relying on imports to have anything non-repulsive to gently caress

we have waaaaaay more babes per capita than america could ever dream of omg

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Fonzarelli posted:

yeah, those are called tourists and foreign exchange students

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Zazi posted:

Please tell me more on the artistic merits of an adult exposing themselves to children in public or using an animal as a masturbatory device.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

sorry pal you're thinking of the danes

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Yay Minnesota!?

crabcakes66
May 24, 2012

by exmarx

Fonzarelli posted:

Livestock doesn't count.

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

drilldo squirt posted:

I don't see the link, what religion is being hostile to infidels?

Surah Al-Baqarah posted:

191. And kill them wherever you find them, and turn them out from where they have turned you out. And Al-Fitnah is worse than killing. And fight not with them at Al-Masjid-al-Haram (the sanctuary at Makkah), unless they (first) fight you there. But if they attack you, then kill them. Such is the recompense of the disbelievers.

192. But if they cease, then Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

193. And fight them until there is no more Fitnah (disbelief and worshipping of others along with Allah) and (all and every kind of) worship is for Allah (Alone). But if they cease, let there be no transgression except against Az-Zalimun (the polytheists, and wrong-doers, etc.)

Surah At-Taubah posted:

5. Then when the Sacred Months (the Ist, 7th, 11th, and 12th months of the Islamic calendar) have passed, then kill the Mushrikun (see V.2:105) wherever you find them, and capture them and besiege them, and prepare for them each and every ambush. But if they repent and perform As-Salat (Iqamat-as-Salat), and give Zakat, then leave their way free. Verily, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

29. Fight against those who (1) believe not in Allah, (2) nor in the Last Day, (3) nor forbid that which has been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger (4) and those who acknowledge not the religion of truth (i.e. Islam) among the people of the Scripture (Jews and Christians), until they pay the Jizyah with willing submission, and feel themselves subdued.

etc.

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
anyone who says muslims arent bad is a troll

Karpaw
Oct 29, 2011

by Cyrano4747
Somebody posted in the latest Köln rapefugee thread that "Sweden is really bad at immigration" and it's true. It's an insular culture marked by social conformism, conflict avoidance and trying to accomodate everyone. It's like we've taken egalitarianism far enough to forget that social hierarchies and negative reinforcement exist for and serve a purpose. Our schools are in shambles in no small part due to the teacher's position as an authority figure having been eroded and him being expected to keep a bunch of hormonal teenage shitheads in line through "dialogue".

If you're a well-adjusted go-getter, you'll do fine in Sweden. If you aren't, nobody will tell you to get your poo poo in order *or else* because that's not how Swedes work through issues. We give them a pat on the head and expect the best of them regardless.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
islam is gay af and a lot of arab countries/cultures have no redeeming qualities whatsoever (baghdad in the olden days was obvi cool), but persians are often pretty chill and omar khayyam was baller

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF
my dick is a social construct

twoday
May 4, 2005

C-SPAM Times best-selling author

Calling my dick by its name thereafter [the 17th c.] became more difficult and more costly. As if in order to gain mastery of it in reality, it had first been necessary to subjugate it at the level of language, control its free circulation in speech, expunge it from the things that were said, and extinguish the words that rendered it too visibly present.

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡

böglyft

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
Sweden is home to the g1mjob.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

/
"Come at me bros!"

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

i'm the old lady holding her ears and thinking "stfu you loving horkarl"

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

e: questiuon for swedish people: why is it sometimes say "Kung" and sometimes "konung"

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Second highest on the Social Progress Index, but once those Norrbaggsjävlar are out of oil money, it's smooth sailing.

E: Konung is more fancy-pancy, the king's title is officially Hans Majonnäs Honungen, while "kung" is more everyday speech and/or generic term for kings.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Feb 12, 2016

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Do you want to see the royal wedding in person?
Ulf Rehnholm, 37, Eskilstuna, teacher:
Yes! In sniper uniform.

What have you done this easter?
Folke Eriksson, 48, unemployed, Surahammar:
-I've drank alcohol.

Prav fucked around with this message at 14:53 on Feb 12, 2016

Lil Bit O Vitriol
Jan 10, 2010

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

lilljonas posted:

E: Konung is more fancy-pancy, the king's title is officially Hans Majonnäs Honungen, while "kung" is more everyday speech and/or generic term for kings.

i see, thanks

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Q:

1) Do you care if wares that you buy were made by child labour?

2) Do you make any efforts to check them?

A:

1) Yes, children have no sense for quality, and it shows on the products.

2) No.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Feb 12, 2016

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
http://www.eurotrucksimulator2.com

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
Australians are sunburned trash people

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state
Someone needs to page all the people from the now extinct ScandiPol thread here for some Godlike triggering.

Neurosis
Jun 10, 2003
Fallen Rib

Zazi posted:

less problems than i can see than with the status quo being a function of any of hte alternatives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hogge Wild
Aug 21, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Pillbug

OhYeah posted:

Someone needs to page all the people from the now extinct ScandiPol thread here for some Godlike triggering.

lol

they got so mad about the news of immigrants that they closed their thread

• Locked thread