Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Is yodeling taught in your swedeschools

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

their language looks and sounds like a parody of english like the kind of secret language that twins would make up.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nauta posted:

pelle åke håkan is a good contender

But I didn't know him.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
They're stealing all the good banana peeling jobs, we need to build a wall and make Sweden pay for it.

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Don Tacorleone posted:

Good

I will never travel to Sweden and even if I did I would be frozen at the sight of a Swedish hottie but in my mind I'm already good enough to gently caress any of them swede babes

Wassup

Swedish dudes are so effeminate that the chicks dig any foreigner tbh

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ghostter posted:

their language looks and sounds like a parody of swedish like the kind of secret language that twins would make up.

Yes that's English.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Don Tacorleone posted:

Good

I will never travel to Sweden and even if I did I would be frozen at the sight of a Swedish hottie but in my mind I'm already good enough to gently caress any of them swede babes

Wassup

Swedsh girls are very open minded when it comes to their sexuality. They are very liberated and strong, independent women who know how to work dick. If you want to, you can come visit one of my many luxury villas and I will arrange a meeting with you and some of my beautiful Swedish friends, some of whom who are girls. There is a 100% chance that they will gently caress you

but you will have to gently caress the guys too

there needs to be equilibrium or the system fails

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010

spregalia posted:

Really? Not
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIbLMBodWfw

One was a timely equalizer in a tie of a round robin match (that you only won the group stage because you beat up on Bulgaria) in a tournament you literally got knocked out of in the first round of the knockout stage. The other won a goddamn gold medal in the Olympics.

Yeah but Hockey is kinda gay, and Zlatan is the best.

Also Fire Barrel, the Mona Sahlin quote aint fake.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Mona Sahlin is literally an imbecile and also a criminal :shrug:

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Jerry Cotton posted:

Yes that's English.

no no i'm saying english is a better language it's like a refined versio n of whatever crap they speak

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

quote:

Mona Sahlin is literally an imbecile and also a criminal
same

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

ghostter posted:

no no i'm saying english is a better language it's like a refined versio n of whatever crap they speak

I hear what you're saying and you're categorically wrong.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I took Old English at university and it's all 100% Swedish except, like Latin, all the verbs are kill.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YxlJhqCYjAw

Most of our curse words are about hell, devils or actual curses

also pee and poo

Zzulu fucked around with this message at 20:23 on Feb 12, 2016

Nickelodeon Household
Apr 11, 2010

I like chocolate MIIIILK

Fire Barrel posted:

I can't imagine that most of those pictures Nauta posted are actually real. While I know it's popular to denigrate or dismiss western culture and history among some leftists, and label those interested in it as bad, a lot of those seem either taken out of context or completely fabricated. Like making it illegal to urinate while standing? That's nonsensical. I'm not Swedish, but I doubt anyone would be that touchy about such a non-issue, and I say that as a person with some of grievances about different leftist ideologies today. Sahlin's quote about Swedes have no worthwhile history or culture also seems pretty fake. Even the pictures which deal with Islam directly seem to be wholly removed from their context.

It's not like they don't have events/activities to promote cross cultural exchange and understanding in other countries. I'm sure there are days to promote Swedish history and culture too.

Men sitting to pee is not limited to Sweden: http://www.theatlantic.com/international/archive/2015/01/a-victory-for-the-right-to-pee-standing-up/384754/ My favorite part:

quote:

"Urinals lead restrooms equal in square footage to offer more excreting opportunities to men than to women," she explained, causing longer lines for women's bathrooms and other inequities. "When such features as fainting couches, full length mirrors, and vanities are added—as they sometimes are—to women’s but not to men’s rooms, the ratio of excreting opportunities given equal square footage gets even worse for women."
I get that men's bathrooms have great efficiency gains, but I think I don't think she realizes that men's rooms are generally terrible places. Nothing beats standing in literal puddles of piss while using a trough at a ballpark. I would love for someone to invent a female group urinal. Maybe some kind of long bench with the middle slat removed. I'm sure ladies would be clamoring for such convenience. Plus think of all the wonderful blog articles shaming womanspreading from all the people having to sit wide-legged because their pants are around their ankles.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Zzulu posted:

Swedsh girls are very open minded when it comes to their sexuality. They are very liberated and strong, independent women who know how to work dick. If you want to, you can come visit one of my many luxury villas and I will arrange a meeting with you and some of my beautiful Swedish friends, some of whom who are girls. There is a 100% chance that they will gently caress you

but you will have to gently caress the guys too

there needs to be equilibrium or the system fails

I would love to sex some Swedish guys

Hometown Slime Queen
Oct 26, 2004

the GOAT
Is there a certain quota of refugees you have to gently caress as well as the native swedes

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

GIRLS, girls, I meant girls

JB50
Feb 13, 2008

Fire Barrel posted:

I can't imagine that most of those pictures Nauta posted are actually real. While I know it's popular to denigrate or dismiss western culture and history among some leftists, and label those interested in it as bad, a lot of those seem either taken out of context or completely fabricated. Like making it illegal to urinate while standing? That's nonsensical. I'm not Swedish, but I doubt anyone would be that touchy about such a non-issue, and I say that as a person with some of grievances about different leftist ideologies today. Sahlin's quote about Swedes have no worthwhile history or culture also seems pretty fake. Even the pictures which deal with Islam directly seem to be wholly removed from their context.

It's not like they don't have events/activities to promote cross cultural exchange and understanding in other countries. I'm sure there are days to promote Swedish history and culture too.

Haha look how naive and dumb you are.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Don Tacorleone posted:

GIRLS, girls, I meant girls

Well as luck would have it, they're indistinguishable.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This is just how the average swedish man walks around town

even in winter, you see

Fushigi Yuugi fansub
Jan 20, 2007

BUTT STUFF

Jerry Cotton posted:

I took Old English at university and it's all 100% Swedish except, like Latin, all the verbs are kill.

well vikings did invade england so

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Cold has no effect on us anymore, this is why we have evolved to have hairless bodies

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

this girl i had a huge crush on in high school vacationed in sweden and met a swedish chad and now they're engaged and living in a downtown vancouver condo with his swedish riches.

f*ck sweden

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Nauta posted:

well vikings did invade england so

Who didn't? It's literally the most invaded country on earth.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I'm going to Stockholm this Summer. Everything is expensive there.

ass cobra
May 28, 2004

by Azathoth
Can't decide if Denmark or Norway is the best nordic country.

Denamrk = beer, fun, a bit too nazi.

Norway = beautiful, safe, very boring.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

Fire Barrel posted:

Swedes are most definitely very cautious about promoting Swedish history and culture. They're extremely liberal people ashamed of their country's past as a Nazi collaborator state. It would be strange if they didn't get squeamish about celebrating their culture, especially considering it's been repeatedly appropriated by white supremacists.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Fire Barrel posted:

Of loving course they're fake and/or taken out of context

although with Sahlin it's super easy to do. Imagine a vaguely leftist Sarah Palin and there you go

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Jerry Cotton posted:

I'm going to Stockholm this Summer. Everything is expensive there.

netflix and chill?

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

JB50 posted:

Haha look how naive and dumb you are.

Apparently. Having come across these opinions irl, you'd think I'd know better.

Completely differently, how's Stockholm for pedestrian traffic? Especially if you're new to the city?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Zzulu posted:

netflix and chill?

I don't do either.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Fire Barrel posted:

Apparently. Having come across these opinions irl, you'd think I'd know better.

Completely differently, how's Stockholm for pedestrian traffic? Especially if you're new to the city?

What exactly does pedestrian traffic mean? Like, walking? walking around?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Jerry Cotton posted:

I don't do either.

:negative: we could have had such a good time together

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx
Anywhere in the world that's not rural or suburbia is fine for "pedestrian traffic" dude.

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide

Fire Barrel posted:

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

AugmentedVision posted:

Anywhere in the world that's not rural or suburbia is fine for "pedestrian traffic" dude.

Some cities are easier to walk around in than others though.

Zzulu posted:

What exactly does pedestrian traffic mean? Like, walking? walking around?

And yeah.

Flutieflakes017
Feb 16, 2012

only if you've been in the deepest valley can you ever know how magnificent it is to be on the highest mountain

Karpaw posted:

Somebody posted in the latest Köln rapefugee thread that "Sweden is really bad at immigration" and it's true. It's an insular culture marked by social conformism, conflict avoidance and trying to accomodate everyone. It's like we've taken egalitarianism far enough to forget that social hierarchies and negative reinforcement exist for and serve a purpose. Our schools are in shambles in no small part due to the teacher's position as an authority figure having been eroded and him being expected to keep a bunch of hormonal teenage shitheads in line through "dialogue".

If you're a well-adjusted go-getter, you'll do fine in Sweden. If you aren't, nobody will tell you to get your poo poo in order *or else* because that's not how Swedes work through issues. We give them a pat on the head and expect the best of them regardless.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Law_of_Jante

OhYeah
Jan 20, 2007

1. Currently the most prevalent form of decision-making in the western world

2. While you are correct in saying that the society owns

3. You have not for a second demonstrated here why

4. I love the way that you equate "state" with "bureaucracy". Is that how you really feel about the state

rear end cobra posted:

Can't decide if Denmark or Norway is the best nordic country.

Denamrk = beer, fun, a bit too nazi.

Norway = beautiful, safe, very boring.

Just loving move to Southern Europe. Portugal is a great choice. The food is fantastic, living costs are 20x cheaper than in Nordic countries, climate is better. You will miss snow I guess but that's about it.

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

Of loving course they're fake and/or taken out of context

Triggered 2 the max.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

• Locked thread