Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Panniculus Rift posted:

do you have any barista skills? i'll pay you 50 SEK/hr

Norwegian spotted

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Don Tacorleone posted:

Good

I will never travel to Sweden and even if I did I would be frozen at the sight of a Swedish hottie but in my mind I'm already good enough to gently caress any of them swede babes

Wassup

Swedish dudes are so effeminate that the chicks dig any foreigner tbh

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

OhYeah posted:

Just loving move to Southern Europe. Portugal is a great choice. The food is fantastic, living costs are 20x cheaper than in Nordic countries, climate is better. You will miss snow I guess but that's about it.

and there are no jobs and the wages are like 30x lower. Have fun never being able to afford another holiday abroad.

Unless you're retired/a millionaire, in which case Portugal is amazing.

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

rear end cobra posted:

Ive lived in Stockholm and its alright other than that you get thrown out of bars for being just a little bit drunk. Thats not the scandinavian way.

yes it is. then you go to somebody's nachspiel and get stomped and/or laid

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

OhYeah posted:

"No jobs" is a bit of a stretch. But if you are a retired millionaire, you should never ever consider a Nordic country.

Trust me. Portugal is a beautiful country full of educated young people who eke out a living by doing lovely part-time or seasonal jobs, and living with their parents until they can't take it no more and finally decide to emigrate.
If you live in scandinavian countries you get decent money and can go on holiday 2-3 times a year if you want. Plus the girls are hot and like to have one night stands. Well worth the lovely weather imo

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

Also drugs are legal

actually they're not, cops will slap the poo poo out of you and they make you go see a psychologist to treat your "addiction"

e:

drilldo squirt posted:

I can build a minaret if I want, that's better than france.

actually you're thinking about switzerland. There are lots and lots of minarets in france

deputamadre fucked around with this message at 23:18 on Feb 12, 2016

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

lilljonas posted:

And what the hell would we eat without immigrant culture? Cod? Herring? Cod wrapped in herring?

lol this is such a swedish thing to say

how often do you eat polish food btw? do you ever eat pizza or do you need a sizeable italian community for that

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

lilljonas posted:

We have at least 3 polish stores in my city, and I have two Polish colleagues. So now and then? Pizza is everywhere but it is definitely a Yugoslavian/Middle Eastern thing, you'll never see Italians making pizza (they are more likely to have pasta restaurants).

People eat food from other cultures literally everywhere in the world, not just in multicultural societies. Going all "thank god for immigrants so I don't have to eat boooring cod and herring everyday" is such a scandinavian thing to say and it's just silly. This coming from an immigrant.

e: also arne anka is amazing

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

reallivedinosaur posted:

While I was little, once in a while we would order up some "gook food" on Saturday nights.

Good thing I grew up in non-racist multicultural Canada and not in racist america where all they eat is amber waves of grain.

I had some poutine in Myanmar last year. The owner said he couldn't get proper curd though, so I guess it wasn't 100% the real deal

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

"This gay pride event is a provocation against the muslim population!"

-feminist swede with perfectly decent english

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Zombiepop posted:

Yeah it actually very nice and the rent is cheap. And its also on the police top 15 most criminal neighborhoods list. The cops says that gangs runs the place, which is a loving joke.

"We can't effectively patrol the area because we risk getting attacked by a mob" does not mean "Ze Pequeno runs the favela with his child soldiers" and I'm not sure how that picture of a playground and a footpath proves them wrong

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
Thanks for the explanation, and it mostly makes sense but

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

(conspicuously lacking homosexual participants)

(seeing as it was a parade ostensibly held in their name, but neither by them nor for their benefit, by people who had not long ago been calling them freaks).

How do you know this? Do you know the participants? Seems to me that you are assuming right off the bat that LGBT and so-called "far right" (whatever that means in Sweden) are mutually exclusive.

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
looks like every other lovely scandinavian suburb imo

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
so when the police says "we can't perform our duties in that particular suburb because we risk being attacked" they're just making stuff up

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Ilustforponydeath posted:

You know you're talking to a swede when holding a gay parade in an "immigrant area" is enough to get them all huffy.

this is true

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Oh, so like every year, in every Swedish city, then.

Perfect. So why the protest?

swedes being purposely obtuse ITT

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

There's a synagogue in central Stockholm. There's 2 mil plus people living there. How do I find the Jews?

Not in the muslim areas, that's for sure

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

It's true though, talking to foreign women is an exercise in feminist education. Mongrels. And then you feel guilty for explaining these concepts since you're a man. But whatever, I just try my best and spread light in this dark world.

Like how you guys threw young girls under the bus to cover up all those gang sexual assaults. Truly feminism in action

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Zombiepop posted:

the problem with sweden is white people

kikkelivelho posted:

swedes staying true to the stereotype ITT

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
Sperging out about being in the "great wilderness" every weekend is a Norwegian thing anyways, nobody else really gives a poo poo about taking the tram to some forest

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
well if those are your hobbies then I guess it's good to live in Oslo

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Hey now. We have fried chicken.

Where? I've lived in Norway for years and I still haven't found decent chicken

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

OhYeah posted:

Are you one of those millennials that has never been to a forest because they are afraid of it?

I trek and ski and stay in a cabin from time to time, but lol at that pissing contest about which city has the most hectares of forest around it

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
En hjälte och ikon för alla förryckta folk, vi saluterar dig kamrat.
Gulag för nazisterna och andra historierevisionister som vill smutskasta Stalins legendar.

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
yeah it's really loving expensive. But I was mostly looking for a good roasted chicken takeaway. Meny has it but it's not very good

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

OhYeah posted:

That is a hugely important factor to anyone who cares about their mental health. Seriously, I feel immediately better when I go outside of the city centre, for example my mother-in-law's apartment which in a part of the city that's really green or our summerhouse. You of all people should understand that. :)

Don't get me wrong, access to nature and green areas is important but those places around Stockholm seem just fine for most people's use. Even if you can walk most trails with crocs or whatever. Maybe a lot of norwegians cherish the fact that they can walk off the bus and wade straight into a bog but that's not what makes one city better than another imo

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
I was actually thinking about rotisserie chicken, which is a staple in a lot of countries but I haven't found a good one here yet.

Other than that, yeah that dude's right. Cheaper food is often bland and tasteless, but there's plenty of decent restaurants around. They're expensive for a foreigner though, so if you're on a budget you'll get the impression that the food in Norway is not very good.

And traditional norwegian and swedish food is really good too. I don't get that kind of self-deprecating attitude a lot of scandinavians have towards their own food but I guess it's somehow related to this

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

I desperately need to validate my multiculturalism because I'm deathly afraid to be branded as a swede.

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

ZombieJesus posted:

Yeah that was a joke, I paid 250 kr for a pizza in Norway and almost fell off my chair when I saw the price. Literally no other restaurants nearby had vegetarian options so I was poo poo outta luck.

I could have eaten minke whale if I wanted, but if you're vegetarian in bergen? You're hosed.

Was an OK pizza, but nothing special.

Basically gently caress Norwegian food.

I was having dinner with colleagues at a fairly expensive restaurant in Trondheim and a Swedish colleague asked for the vegetarian menu.

Their reply: "We don't have any vegetarian alternatives but we can make the pasta dish without the meat in it".

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Dave Concepcion posted:

the air is fresh and the girls are hot, what more do you need?

lots and lots of money

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

Dongattack posted:

oslo isnt representative of norway imho, take a ride through the rest of the country
there are some insanely attractive country girls for sure, but 80% horrible skanks

Nordland has tons of insanely hot girls, and all the other regions I've been to aren't bad. Sure outside of the cities a lot of the girls are trashy solarium country bumpkins but they're still hotter than the average in any other country. The "big" cities have more attractive girls than anywhere else in the world.

If fit blonde girls put you off, I recommend you go to the Balkans or Portugal to for that mummitroll vibe

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008

lilljonas posted:

True story: a coworker's kid was asked to bring a knife to daycare, back when they lived in Norway.

The kid was 2 years old. But hey, they're going for a walk in the woods, so of course they need their own knives, right?

How the hell can you be afraid of Swedes when you even arm your toddlers, that's worse than Finland god drat.

teaching kids how to use a tool, how awful

norway sure is terrible

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deputamadre
Nov 29, 2008
The day that kid stabs someone it will be more because of sociocultural factors in Sweden than because a norwegian kindergarten let him whittle some wood.

• Locked thread