Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Why wouldn't you just handball it out of the goal, take the red card, and hope the goalie stops the penalty shot? For all the diving from fake contact why not take a good penalty to keep your team from losing? Soccer is a weird sport.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

FishionMailed posted:

I think in such a situation the goalie isn't actually allowed to block anything and it's just a free kick at the goal from a very close distance. IE the penalty would result in a point anyway and then you'd also have a red card - you'd basically be gambling on a very slight chance that the person would completely gently caress up their shot somehow.

Ah, that would make sense then. Though why they wouldn't just award the goal and forgo the pointless "take a shot at this giant open goal with no goalie" part confuses me too.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

QUEEN CAUCUS posted:

Nobody likes Australians. That's why the other better countries sent them to Australia.

Sweden is okay, I guess. I mean you're no America but who is! :911:

Australians are just southern hemisphere Americans. They get my approval and we can band together because both of our countries have better looking women than our mother country.

• Locked thread