Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
+

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Darkman Fanpage posted:

danes did it better

according to documentary maker people who were not alive then either all the vikings with great wealth had a sword forged, but the rest used spears or axes and the little bearded axe most popular is now called 'the dane axe' by historians so maybe they were good at it or something

they're also much better at not hating themselves for being white or owning land, and making really good comedy films, but this seems rude to tell this proud swedish thread

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Al Cowens posted:

*pyoo* *pyoo*

if i instantly recognized that man as john 'lasermannen' ausonius am i a bad person or am i part of the solution

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

deputamadre posted:

Sperging out about being in the "great wilderness" every weekend is a Norwegian thing anyways, nobody else really gives a poo poo about taking the tram to some forest

those 'outdoors' people are spergs, just be normal already and upgrade your PC and buy bugs bunny pajamas

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Panniculus Rift posted:

yeah that's about the worst pizza-related mistake you can do

could you and some others living in scandinavia give me some hunting/fishing info so i dont have to buy a 400 kroner pizza

i know you've got rabbits and fish but dont you also have like 15 species of elk we dont have and some other weird stuff? what's the most commonly eaten freshwater fish since you fukkers dont have any sunfish?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Cake Smashing Boob posted:

you could try hunting elk but chances are you'd end up being scalped by sami

as for fish: pike, perch, rainbow trout and a bunch of other poo poo

i reckoned that was about my list of options, im sure it's great fun when you find a spot/technique that works
but drat in america we have like fifty species of panfish where even if you're retarded they're just there waiting to be easily caught and eaten

norway sounds like every single day is april 1st frozen trout season starting here, except without all of the people competing in tiny areas for the frozen trout

Panniculus Rift posted:

Trout is my favourite freshwater fish available in Norway. Perch is probably more common, as is pike, but in some lakes you can get a lot of trout. You can also fish for salmon, of course, but fishing cards for good salmon rivers are expensive even by Norwegian standards. To hunt, you need a permit, don't know how easy that is to get for a foreigner.

living near a good salmon spot would own, i didn't know you folks had any perch so now i have to google it and see if it's yellow perch or some frozen colorless alternative

also in america if you get caught fishing without a license you start yelling ' i am the natural living man and natural law guarantees my right to eat when i am hungry' and it actually worked a couple times for a guy who famously won his cases because judges would get angry and confused and abandon their own court room lmao

extra stout fucked around with this message at 23:28 on Feb 16, 2016

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Gargamel Gibson posted:

That's the candy known as Swedish Fish. Rather apropos as this is the thread about Sweden and the previous posters were discussing fishing.

good segue but sadly mosty of the swedish fish consumed in the world are now made in fuggin canada

Falukorv posted:

Deponering on where you live there's also the pike perch/Zander. Related to walleyes or what's their name.
Has the best culinary reputation among Swedish freshwater fish, although personally I prefer pike.
But pike and perch you can catch almost anywhere, and if I may say, pikes are extremely underrated as food in Sweden (the French though, they get it).

I've never caught a pike and that one tops my biggest fish, pretty sweet catch man. I am still trying to figure out if you filleted it with that steak knife or if it just happened to be there?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

bobthedinosaur posted:

I kind of love that goons are fetishizing Sweden as if there aren't hot gals back home in whatever country they come from who wouldn't give them the time of day also.

"Your notions about startin' over. Or anybody's. You don't start over. That's what it's about. Every step you take is forever. You can't make it go away. None of it. Understand what I'm sayin'?"

-American author Cormac McCarthy specifically talking to fat people moving to Scandinavia for hopes of women rather than health care and mountains

• Locked thread