Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I've switched basically every possible control to the least dexterous version of it, because baseball is hard enough without having to fight with the interface on top of it. I can barely switch between standard and RttS baserunning, let alone all the hosed up weird throwing schemes. One button, one base, thanks.

On something less bitchy, holy poo poo Conquest mode. Risk except the die rolling is replaced by arcade 3-inning games? Well okay I guess I don't need to sleep.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Hey does anyone else's RTTS hitter get beaned a lot? I got hit like 20+ times in the last season. At first I thought it was the perk that makes the defense commit errors sometimes but that's been off for a while.

Is there some secret stat that means my guy is a huge dick that everyone hates.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

There's never going to be a way to stop the controls from flipping while fielding a fly ball that's behind you, huh?

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Get close to the explosion.

Grem posted:

There's never going to be a way to stop the controls from flipping while fielding a fly ball that's behind you, huh?

When I was playing an RTTS fielder, what I found useful was to basically hold R3 almost from the time the pitch gets thrown. As soon as the ball is hit, the screen will automatically switch to face the fly ball indicator on the grass, allowing me to more or less hold up on the analog stick and run straight for it. Unless yours is a problem in another game mode, in which case I dunno what to tell you.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa
Just one-hit the tigers where the one hit was a triple that my right fielder was right there for but didn't even try to catch, then couldn't pick it up and the CF had to come over and pick it up for him. Nothing else to say, just wanted somewhere to impotently complain.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I just rage-quit a game against the AI. Listen to this poo poo.

I had 13 hits, including 6 doubles. I never scored. Additionally it was Yordano Ventura's first game back from the DL after he broke his hand. In the middle of the tenth, after striking out 18, he broke his arm Tony Saunders style.

gently caress this bullshit game sometimes.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

I'm playing dynamic batting difficulty and worked my way up to Legend. Halfway between that and Legend+ and difficulty jumps back Beginner 5. You'd think that would be easier, but holy poo poo I am in front of everything now and basically every ball goes directly to a fielder.

This is the second time this happened. It's like Dynamic hits some overflow value and wraps around or something.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rickiep00h posted:

I'm playing dynamic batting difficulty and worked my way up to Legend. Halfway between that and Legend+ and difficulty jumps back Beginner 5. You'd think that would be easier, but holy poo poo I am in front of everything now and basically every ball goes directly to a fielder.

This is the second time this happened. It's like Dynamic hits some overflow value and wraps around or something.

My roommate ran into the same thing, we both just chalked it up to some kind of dumb "prestige" mechanic.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

That has happened to me as well. I find the difficulty jumps in general to be weird sometimes. On my second time through the dynamic ladder I found myself struggling more with veteran than all-star because on veteran the CPU throws more strikes and therefore I can't get myself into as many hitter's counts.

This game has a vendetta against Ventura btw. I played that game again, he left in the fifth with an injury. The start before he broke his hand he left early with an injury. So for four straight games the computer has killed Ventura... I just added 20 pts to his durability cause this poo poo is silly.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

alpha_destroy posted:

That has happened to me as well. I find the difficulty jumps in general to be weird sometimes. On my second time through the dynamic ladder I found myself struggling more with veteran than all-star because on veteran the CPU throws more strikes and therefore I can't get myself into as many hitter's counts.

This game has a vendetta against Ventura btw. I played that game again, he left in the fifth with an injury. The start before he broke his hand he left early with an injury. So for four straight games the computer has killed Ventura... I just added 20 pts to his durability cause this poo poo is silly.

The last version I played (12? I think?) I had a period where I could just NOT WIN one specific game and I'd rage start over and over and some dumb bullshit would *always* happen. My normally stellar infield suddenly filled with incompetents, my starter melting down and giving up back-to-back-to-back dingers in the third inning to the bottom of the order, the ball hitting the bag, the pitcher, the pitcher then the bag, dropped catches, you name it. One specific game, almost always in the fifth or sixth inning, and only that one game. Every game before or after was just butter. Sometimes the AI just did NOT want you to win a game.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
How the hell does the game even model injuries? Because the amount of line drives I have hit into a guy's kidney/liver that he simply picked up and threw me out on seems kind of insane.

The two biggest things I want in the game are better player/ball physics and your manager/base coaches actually loving letting you know when the AI runner is gonna steal when you're on base. Oh I'm on 3rd with 90 speed and you're giving the guy on first the go sign? MAYBE loving TELL ME SO I CAN FINALLY STEAL HOME.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

How the hell does the game even model injuries? Because the amount of line drives I have hit into a guy's kidney/liver that he simply picked up and threw me out on seems kind of insane.

The injury model is really poor. It has to be some random low chance of injury when pitchers get hit. I've cranked line drives right back at their head and they lie lifeless on the ground but still stay in the game. Even when they do get injured there is some weird poo poo that happens. I've hit a pitcher in the leg and he had to leave the game because he caught the flu? I've noticed the weirdness with other places as well such as someone pulling up after running to first and having to leave the game because of an elbow contusion.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I just drew 5 walks in a game. I don’t think I've ever drawn or surrendered 5 in a game.

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

MAYBE loving TELL ME SO I CAN FINALLY STEAL HOME.

So this is totally borderline cheating, but (on the PS4 at least) it's incredibly easy to steal home if you've got a guy with a 94-95+ speed because gaming the stealing mechanics is easy:

Set the baserunning control scheme to the button one where you have to hold R2 to steal. As soon as the sequence where you're on base "loads", press and let go R2 then press and hold it right away again--the controller will vibrate. Then what happens is *AS SOON* as the pitcher begins to do anything to do with a real pitch, your guy takes off.

In the RTTS training sessions you can do, the timer says the reaction time is 0.02s. It's that fast. You'll be able to outrun slide steps and even pitch-outs without even manually leading off.

It takes away the ~magic~ of stealing home, but hell, you can steal home on a righty if they throw anything but a fastball about 7/10 (depending on the catcher, too). Plus then you get to imagine people watching someone steal home to walk off Game 7 of the WS.

MagicCube posted:

The injury model is really poor. It has to be some random low chance of injury when pitchers get hit. I've cranked line drives right back at their head and they lie lifeless on the ground but still stay in the game. Even when they do get injured there is some weird poo poo that happens. I've hit a pitcher in the leg and he had to leave the game because he caught the flu? I've noticed the weirdness with other places as well such as someone pulling up after running to first and having to leave the game because of an elbow contusion.

Right? I've hit about a billion balls right back to the pitcher and I've never seen them get hurt, despite the announcers going on and on about it. Yet I've lost a guy for like 3 months by just loving around and having him dive unnecessarily. I can't help but think injuries are just kinda punitive in this.

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 8, 2016

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
So uhhhh I went to check how far I was on some of my collect 40 missions and all division/league missions were 1/1 and could be redeemed. So now I have Jackie Robinson/Bonds/Arod and all of the division rewards (but not individual team rewards since those weren't affected)

Edit - apparently this is happening to a lot of people, check your missions if you want them. No clue if SCEA can roll it back or not

Carlton Banks fucked around with this message at 05:46 on Jun 10, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
No mission completion notifications is a huge oversight. Especially since they don't start the counter for the next phase until you redeem the previous level's reward.

Also, the fact that you don't get any reward for completing Conquest (performance based or static) after the first time is dumb and makes the mode have literally no replay value.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Unless you know have fun playing the mode

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i had fun the first 3 or 4 times through and now it's just a slog.

There's only so many ways that you can beat it. I've done it by building up a good plot of land and then taking the country by area, i've done it taking all of the 300-whatever spaces first and then overpowering everyone one stronghold at a time, i've done it by just saying gently caress it and taking as many strongholds as i can in one turn and then laying waste to the outlying spaces after knocking everyone out.

After a while it's just playing a bunch of 3 inning baseball games with no real outcome. I'm just going back to playing RTTS exclusively like i have every other year prior.

e: I think an offline Battle Royale where you have to draft with the cards you have and then maybe have to play the MLB gauntlet (and then maybe a throwback team or two) similar to NBA Jam, would be hell of fun

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 10, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqt_vVJjWiU

This is the definition of :feelsgood:. This motherfucker was abusing me all game long with up and in fastballs, then sneaking changeups and curveballs that were fooling the poo poo out of me. But you go to that well one time too many....

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
:owned:

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

davecrazy posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Aqt_vVJjWiU

This is the definition of :feelsgood:. This motherfucker was abusing me all game long with up and in fastballs, then sneaking changeups and curveballs that were fooling the poo poo out of me. But you go to that well one time too many....

New Jersey Mets? You really are self-loathing.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

inside the park three run homerun

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The Polo Grounds are great. I ran a home run derby there and saw a ball bounce off the little awning in deep left field and into the seats for a homer.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
After never, ever, playing it. Im suddenly addicted to diamond dynasty. Explain to me how the tier system of cards works. Is it just like 90+ is diamond, 80-89 is gold, 70-79 is silver and all the rest are bronze or common?

Troxartas
Jan 13, 2007

The Old Warhorse

IMB posted:

After never, ever, playing it. Im suddenly addicted to diamond dynasty. Explain to me how the tier system of cards works. Is it just like 90+ is diamond, 80-89 is gold, 70-79 is silver and all the rest are bronze or common?

Diamond is 94+,gold 85-93,silver 80-84,bronze 70-79,below that is common.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

Troxartas posted:

Diamond is 94+,gold 85-93,silver 80-84,bronze 70-79,below that is common.

OK cool. At first I thought there were like bronze/silver/gold/diamond variations of each card, which would have been out of control. Anyway I opened up a pack I got for some reason and it had a diamond MadBum in it so that's cool.

The other night I was playing and I was down 2-1, and in the bottom of the 9th I hit a game-winning inside the park HR when Kris Bryant hit one off the RF wall in Wrigley and the opposing RF (Keirmeier) jumped into the wall and collapsed in a brain-addled heap. Good poo poo, pretty much sold me on playing this mode until i die.

General Dog
Apr 26, 2008

Everybody's working for the weekend
Just wanted to say Super Mega Baseball is the greatest baseball video game ever made, and I'm never playing this boring poo poo again. Namaste

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uPqmUaLxdtg

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sony basically dissolved all of San Diego Studios except for The Show team.

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
Is that good or bad? I don't even know who San Diego Studios is :saddowns:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

eightysixed posted:

Is that good or bad? I don't even know who San Diego Studios is :saddowns:

probably doesn't mean anything, they haven't really been churning out much:

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did they axe Kill Strain?

lol internet.
Sep 4, 2007
the internet makes you stupid
Anyone here still have MLB 15? I am trying to get these trophies and hoping someone can help me with them.. :gbsmith:

Legends Never Die - In Diamond Dynasty, play in a game with or against a Legend player. Must complete a full 9 inning game.

Oh, It's Perfect! - Be rewarded with a diamond quality item (purchasing will not unlock the trophy)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been playing this game again lately, the other day I had a few minutes to kill and I decided to play a quick online game. The game ended up going 20 innings and I ended up not getting any work done around the house. I think twice in extra innings I scored in the top half and he tied it up right after. I had like 4 errors in the game. I'm just glad I won otherwise I would have been furious.

• Locked thread