Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

GB_Sign posted:

I have never bothered to modify poo poo like the guys at OS do. How long would it take to get that set up/installed for all the teams. Seems like a cool thing, but also a tonne of work.

It's beyond the limits of the game to do it for every team.

BTW, my favorite part of Diamond Dynasty is guys with all Diamond teams with no loving clue where the strike zone is.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I've played 12 Conquest games, Archie Bradley has started for me 5 times, Chase Whitley 4 times (and Tyler Cray 2 times before I got Whitley and fed him to my CAP), my top three starters of Wheeler, Cobb, and Owens have started once combined (Owens) :effort:

I have a feeling this otherwise awesome mode is going to be very annoying.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 30, 2016

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Dandy Kaiser posted:

Conquest is Fun but I keep randomly starting the same two pitchers every loving time

I'm having the opposite problem, I didn't play 15 and I'm wondering if that's why. In 14, a good 12-6 curve would get me fairly often but I was good enough at at least fouling off if not taking sliders and changes off the plate. I'm loving swinging at everything right now and it's not good. I think the CPU knows it too and they're throwing me nothing but low change/curve and I'm swinging a loving wet noodle out there :ohdear:

12-6 Curve and Slider low and away have always been my kryptonite. I find the new wide-angle default camera has really seemed to help me pick up things that are high/low in the zone but man, I just cannot recognize that slider until I am swinging like an idiot at something that ends up well outside the zone.

quote:

It's beyond the limits of the game to do it for every team.

BTW, my favorite part of Diamond Dynasty is guys with all Diamond teams with no loving clue where the strike zone is

Guess I will just check it out for the Red Sox and a few others then. How are you finding the connectivity in DD? Last year I played a bit at the start but would hit games where everything was smooth when I was pitching/defending but the moment I was batting, every hit turned into a laggy mess which meant I could never judge what was actually happening. I assumed it was poor upload connection from the other side but I never bothered playing enough to find out.

e: now that I am thinking more about DD is that lovely crash/freeze bug still in the game? I don't remember if it was a random occurrence or if it was something that you could cause purposefully but that ruined several games for me too.

GB_Sign fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 30, 2016

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

Karl Ontario posted:

Nice! I got a chance to play online last night and I was having a lot of trouble hitting. It seems there was a slight hitch right before the ball crossed the plate each time, I'd see the same thing when I was pitching to my opponent. Is that usual and something I'll need to adjust to? Or did I just have a dodgy connection?

i've been trying to no hit the cpu for years and always give up a blooper in the ninth :kratos:

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I won my first game of the Battle Royale mode, which was cool, but I couldn't pause the game? The other guy did it once. It would have been a problem if I hadn't hit a dinger, because I had no way to change pitchers.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
What hitting mode is everyone playing in? Pure Analog with only stride control isn't cutting it for me.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?
13th inning walkoff dinger with Schwarber, you know he's flipping that bat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YQHAUXxLdtM

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Well I'm an idiot, I didn't realize you could do directional hitting with analog stride. That's basically all I wanted and since I switched I've been raking line drives.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I'm an idiot that doesn't understand how conquest works. I just attacked a stronghold and won, but I didn't take the territory. How do I take a stronghold?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Apparently doing some convoluted poo poo across game modes unlocks new DD cards. Like playing X number of innings with guys from one team, conquering the stronghold in conquest and feeding cards from a certain team to your create-a-player.

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.

davecrazy posted:

Apparently doing some convoluted poo poo across game modes unlocks new DD cards. Like playing X number of innings with guys from one team, conquering the stronghold in conquest and feeding cards from a certain team to your create-a-player.

The announcer mentioned this during the tutorial game as the game was installing for me. Basically every mode helps your diamond dynasty team. They're really going all in with it this year like FIFA does with ultimate team.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I have zero intrest in conquest, but if that's what I have to do to unlock some god mode David Wright or something, so be it.

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
Meanwhile, saving $10 by preordering on Amazon does not seem to have been a good idea. I'm still waiting for the disc to arrive.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I really prefer how Sony does DD compared to EA and MUT. It feels nothing like a year long cash grab, since we already know what every player is. The rewards from just playing the game let you build the team you want.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

ManicJason posted:

Meanwhile, saving $10 by preordering on Amazon does not seem to have been a good idea. I'm still waiting for the disc to arrive.

Yeah, I did the same thing. I told UPS to leave at it at the door because I was stuck at work, got a delivery failed notice. So I went to frigging walmart and bought it, called UPS and told them I would come pick the package up in the morning. Drove out to pick it up in the morning and they had put it on the truck (they're 0-for-2.) Got home and it was on my porch. So I took it back to walmart and returned it. Whatever, I got to play Tuesday, it's ok.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I am having fun looking at the Inside Edge stuff. Some notes:

The Royals game Sunday will apparently be blow out. There are 8 Mets at 5 stars and 4 at 4 stars. Conversely the only Royal above 2 stars in Soria who has 3.

Secondly, some of these notes are non-sense. Steve Pearce is a five star with the note: "Matchup data is limited, but it favors Stroman." On the other end Wade Davis is a one star with the note: "Opponents have an OPS of .491 against Davis at home over the last two years."

This is gonna be a fun bizarre probably unpredictable gimmick this year. I love it. DD is awesome now.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
I made a Dellin Betances clone in RTTS last night and then next thing I knew it was 3AM and why the gently caress was I still in AA I was unstoppable.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Zipperelli. posted:

So I've been keeping an eye on this since it was announced, but I'm a filthy casual who hasn't played a Show game since '14. If I'm not into DD, or multiplayer at all for that matter and again, I'm a filthy casual, is this worth picking up for the full $60, or should I wait until I can get a deal on it for cheaper?

You can get it on Amazon for $48. I haven't played a Show game since like 10 and I'm having fun with it. I don't give a poo poo about playing online or DD or packs or any of the other dumb poo poo, I just run a franchise using spreadsheets because I'm a badass motherfucker.

It's worth it.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I know davecrazy threw a no hitter or perfect game or some poo poo, so this is pretty much nothing, but every time I throw a CGSO I feel so goooood. poo poo is exciting.

Best part was Phil Hughes also drove in one of my two runs with a two out double. My other run was off what I call the Jonathan Schoop Special were I mis-time a low breaking ball and instead of rolling over it I somehow wrap that poo poo around the foul pole. My version of Schoop already has 5 HR and I swear 3 of them would of made Vlad blush.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

So I think I just realized - in The Show, you don't use the left stick to aim your bat to the ball (aside from directional hitting)?

Most of my baseball game playing has been on Power Pros and Super Mega Baseball so I am used to just trying to aim the bat on the ball.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

That is an option, you can set hitting to Zone mode.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
So I'm new to this series, never played it or really any baseball video game now that I think about it. Got the game on Tuesday, I'd say the majority of my time has been spent making awful uniforms, a custom character, various other menu things I forget, and setting up Sounds of the Show. A lot of that was fairly loving obtuse UI wise, but once you get into the grove of the logo editor or whatever it's okay, still I feel like I'm probably missing some options or maybe even modes that I'm just not seeing or aware of so I figured I'd just ask since the "BeforeIPlay" thread ignored me when I asked for general tips. My roommate got it on PS3 as well through a gameshare he's doing with one of his friends.

-Is there a way to transfer created players between PS3 and PS4 besides saving to the cloud in RTTS?

-Is there a way to transfer rosters without just uploading them to freakin' everyone and I guess that assumes uploaded rosters work on both systems?

-Can you do both local and online multiplayer at the same time? Like have two players on a team on one system and two on an other elsewhere (not ps3 and ps4, I mean like two ps3s, I know crossplay isn't a thing)?

-What's the best setup for local mp versus games? We didn't really dick with the settings and it meant that you always knew where a pitch was going to be.

-For the most part we're using the beginner settings, but I turned it up to Experienced(?) and while batting was the same (afaik) pitching had a meter similar to Hot Shots Golf, so are the beginner settings allowed in online play or does it limit you to just players also using them and should I just switch over already and get used to it, etc?

-I see mention of Analog Batting controls and such, do I also need to gently caress with that and get used to it or is it just there for fun or whatever?

-Are there any other recommended control setups or settings things in general I probably missed or wouldn't know about?

-Is there an easy way to see just the cards you already have in DD?

-Any other newbie tips?

Also here's a video of a dumb thing that happened in a DD game:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-c-1Qbz3ke0

Sometimes I suck at making runners advance, even though it would've been the wrong choice this time, but the AI also seemed to have a brain fart that caused the ending with the third baseman having to pointlessly run all the way to first.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Wish Media Player weren't broken because I'm already sick of this loving soundtrack

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Picked this up today, might finally make a RTTS dude.

Or I'll just play 15 iterations of draft Twins teams and pray. Either way I'm getting my drat $60 out of it.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Twins da bes

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

I just genocided the Twins in conquest mode. It was easy.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I'm trying to figure the math on this 850 inning thing. I figured I would run a simple test to see if it counted bench players/SP/bullpen guys.

Okay, I have 2 guys in the line-up. 3 on the bench. 3 in the bullpen. 1 in the rotation who didn't start. I play 8.5 innings since I won at home. How many innings do you think I got?

54... I guess it counts the starter that didn't pitch, but not the bullpen guys?

Edit: added someone to the bench. Still got 54... it might... it might actually be counting outs since 27 outs times 2 is 54. Will know for sure when this game is over.

Edit: it's outs! The command mission that calls for 850 innings actually needs 850 outs!

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 06:03 on Apr 2, 2016

paint dry
Feb 8, 2005
Out of interest, what hitting mode do most people use? I've used zone analog since '13, which was my first (I think it was the default that year), but with directional/buttons being the default this year I thought I'd give it a go and it seems pretty good.

Feels like there's more time to think about whether the pitch is going to be in the strike zone or not.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
Question: I have an save from The Show 14 that I imported into The Show 15 on my PS3 and I'm debating buying a PS4 for this, Madden and Bloodbourne. If I upload that save to the cloud can I pull it down and translate it into PS4 The Show or is it only going to work on PS3?

Hopkins FBI
Jan 4, 2015

MY SACRED POSTING VOW IS NOTHING, FOR WHILE I STAKED MY HONOR UPON MY COMMITMENT TO NEVER SUPPORT JOSEPH R. B. JUNIOR I HAVE SCANDALOUSLY ABANDONED MY PRINCIPLES

axeil posted:

If I upload that save to the cloud can I pull it down and translate it into PS4 The Show or is it only going to work on PS3?

It will work with the PS4 version too.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

Grimey Drawer
Just played my first multiplayer game (whatever the 3 inning thing is). It took my the first 2 innings to realize I could change the meter pitching to analog behind the plate but that was after giving up 5 runs.

I started just loving around cause I was basically already done for at that point and then the other guy starts e-honor messaging me to "Quit or go down like a man". So I continued to plunk his batters and have my pitchers ejected en masse.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Video game decorum is serious business.

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Anyone get those opening week or the Srpring fever packs? I know they have a chance at better cards in them but they seem horrendously overpriced for what I've seen people post on other sites.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

I love how common bean balls are online. It's so bizarre. At least in real life there is actual pain in getting hit. Online it is just a free runner on base and yet people still plunk my hitters.

It's especially bizarre when they insist on hitting my pitchers cause that's just turning a sure out into a base runner.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Someone help me not be trash at hitting online. It feels like I swing at everything, I've tried the strike zone view, the fish eye, and one other, I think offset. I try to hold back but I get fooled every time. I also can't time that poo poo right, so when it is a fastball right down the middle I'm too early. Change up right down the middle and I'm too late...

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Grem posted:

Someone help me not be trash at hitting online. It feels like I swing at everything, I've tried the strike zone view, the fish eye, and one other, I think offset. I try to hold back but I get fooled every time. I also can't time that poo poo right, so when it is a fastball right down the middle I'm too early. Change up right down the middle and I'm too late...

Practice. There's no trick to it.

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

What Davecrazy said. This is what helped me though. Taking a strike isn't a terrible result, ok? The key is to not think "if it's a strike I need to swing" and instead think "if it looks like I'll make good contact I should swing". Does that make sense?

Timing just comes down to pratice. You just have to learn that. I still pull fastballs foul if I get too amped. It happens. You just learn to do it less.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Hitting takes a pretty decent amount of time to get good at, there's no shame in not having it all figured out for a while. When an elite hitter is only successful around 30% of the time in real life, it adds an element to the video game counterpart that makes every game exciting.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Like it no joke took me 2+ years of playing to get decent at hitting, just being able to read the track of the pitch took me forever.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

davecrazy posted:

Like it no joke took me 2+ years of playing to get decent at hitting, just being able to read the track of the pitch took me forever.

Truth. I've been playing DD since the beginning and I can hold my own now, but I'm still decidedly mid-teir. I can hit though. It just takes mad practice.

• Locked thread