Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
I'm just sticking to conquest until they sort it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.
You might be waiting for a few years minimum.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

If you're using Pat Venditte, and a switch hitter comes to bat, they actually put in a menu that shows the hitter's stats against each hand, and you choose which one to throw with. That's going to way more effort than I had expected.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost
I finished Conquest to get the super pack and also opened the freebie apology super pack. Along with a half dozen 3-card special packs from my captain I still haven't opened a single gold or diamond. Am i just insanely unlucky?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I finished Conquest to get the super pack and also opened the freebie apology super pack. Along with a half dozen 3-card special packs from my captain I still haven't opened a single gold or diamond. Am i just insanely unlucky?

par for the course. pack odds are always never in your favor, in any card based game ever

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!

Salvor_Hardin posted:

I'm on the opposite end of this. I got a diamond Chris Sale in a free 'log in for 9 days' pack, and I have pulled 2 golds as rewards from playing games. I'm sure our luck will balance out eventually.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Mostly I've been pretty unlucky with cards but one night I got drunk and purchased a bunch of stubs for packs and got a gold Jose Abreu and two diamond Scherzers from it. I haven't sold the second Scherzer yet but when I do I know that I'll end up getting nothing but crap cards out of it.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Why not use the stubs you get from Scherzer to buy players you know are good?

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
Because it's fun to open packs even though you'll only ever get crap?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I'm going to set up a test league to see if it's even feasible to try a goon league this year. I'll need 6 people to commit to trying it out and seeing how it works (minimum league size possible).

Anyone interested in giving it a go?

Carlton Banks
Jan 5, 2004

"The Tigers' biggest obstacle to a championship will be keeping a straight face. The Tigers in three."
The OSFM roster is up, for anyone who was waiting to start RTTS/Franchise

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."

Carlton Banks posted:

The OSFM roster is up, for anyone who was waiting to start RTTS/Franchise

The creator's gonna release an updated version shortly that's going to take care of a few issues like duplicate players.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Metapod posted:

Why not use the stubs you get from Scherzer to buy players you know are good?

This is exactly what I was about to do but apparently I only have one Scherzer now, the other one I had disappeared. What the gently caress?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
I'm really glad that Conquest, a mode wherein I only play the CPU, can't be accessed if I can't connect to the servers.

I'm like 2 turns from winning damnit

VermiciousKnid84
May 28, 2004
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Dandy Kaiser posted:

I'm really glad that Conquest, a mode wherein I only play the CPU, can't be accessed if I can't connect to the servers.

I'm like 2 turns from winning damnit

Madden Ultimate Team works the same way. It sucks. Since stubs are rewarded in the mode, I'm guessing the server connection is partially a security measure against players unlocking free stubs or players for themselves or something.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

I'm going to set up a test league to see if it's even feasible to try a goon league this year. I'll need 6 people to commit to trying it out and seeing how it works (minimum league size possible).

Anyone interested in giving it a go?

I'll join. Only can play after 8:30PM PST during the week but mostly anytime on the weekends though. Take the Mets unless Dave plays and wants them, then I'll take the Angels.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
cool.

I'll set it up tonight, and send an invite. If anyone else wants to try, let me know. We can't actually start it until 6 people are invited and joined.

StupidNewbie
Jun 28, 2004
HELO INTERNET! I AM NOW GOON
I saw this listed in their bug reports, so it's not just me. I'm just wondering how widespread it is, or if someone knows what's going on.

After playing a game in RTTS, the game goes to the "item reward" screen. It spins for a little bit and then says that the connection to The Show shop has been lost. A few seconds later, my PS4 says that it has lost the Wi-Fi connection. The game is completely frozen after that.

I'm thinking it's something about my setup, but I have no idea. Any clues?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

StupidNewbie posted:

I saw this listed in their bug reports, so it's not just me. I'm just wondering how widespread it is, or if someone knows what's going on.

After playing a game in RTTS, the game goes to the "item reward" screen. It spins for a little bit and then says that the connection to The Show shop has been lost. A few seconds later, my PS4 says that it has lost the Wi-Fi connection. The game is completely frozen after that.

I'm thinking it's something about my setup, but I have no idea. Any clues?

Nah, it's the server being poo poo still. It's doing it on my wired connection, too.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

cool.

I'll set it up tonight, and send an invite. If anyone else wants to try, let me know. We can't actually start it until 6 people are invited and joined.

i'll take one

e: since the reds are terrible and the mets are basically spoken for, i guess i'd take the astros?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 19, 2016

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
My wife is convinced The Show's developers are racist because a bunch of Korean players aren't in the game and there are about 50 more recorded Japanese names than Korean.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Eifert Posting posted:

My wife is convinced The Show's developers are racist because a bunch of Korean players aren't in the game and there are about 50 more recorded Japanese names than Korean.

Well it *is* arguably the most accurate representation of Major League Baseball...

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What's the fastest way to get stubs without paying money? That's some bullshit Battle Royale is pay.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
dave is out, so jabro gets the mets in our test league. will send invites tonight.

We'll need 3 more people to just fill a league. If it goes alright for a few games, i'll make a new thread, and update the league with current rosters.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.
Twice now that I've noticed during an RttS game one of the runners has just loving disappeared. Once they batted and I got to third but they weren't out and then next at bat they're gone, no extra outs, announcers even said two on, he was just gone, even checked the game log and nothing.

Tonight it was a runner on first, I got a base hit, no one was out, next at bat: no one on second. Doubly annoying because I got a run in, so they would have too,and that would've tied the game.

I suppose it's not that big of a deal really but what the hell?

ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

Brightman posted:

Twice now that I've noticed during an RttS game one of the runners has just loving disappeared. Once they batted and I got to third but they weren't out and then next at bat they're gone, no extra outs, announcers even said two on, he was just gone, even checked the game log and nothing.

Tonight it was a runner on first, I got a base hit, no one was out, next at bat: no one on second. Doubly annoying because I got a run in, so they would have too,and that would've tied the game.

I suppose it's not that big of a deal really but what the hell?

I saw the same exact thing in RTTS. I was on second, the runner on first had vanished with no mention in the game log. I figured maybe there was a pick off that is not properly recorded in the game log/outs when doing RTTS with some fast forwarding.

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!
RTTS is bad at that kind of thing. Another example is pitch counts. If I get a base hit on the 20th pitch, how can the next batter draw a walk on the 21st pitch? I don't know, but I've seen it happen plenty.

IMB
Jan 8, 2005
How does an asshole like Bob get such a great kitchen?

JohnnyPalace posted:

RTTS is bad at that kind of thing. Another example is pitch counts. If I get a base hit on the 20th pitch, how can the next batter draw a walk on the 21st pitch? I don't know, but I've seen it happen plenty.

That's a quick count bug, drives me nuts. It's not counting the simulated pitches.

Brightman
Feb 24, 2005

I've seen fun you people wouldn't believe.
Tiki torches on fire off the summit of Kilauea.
I watched disco balls glitter in the dark near the Brandenburg Gate.
All those moments will be lost in time, like crowds in rain.

Time to sleep.

ManicJason posted:

I saw the same exact thing in RTTS. I was on second, the runner on first had vanished with no mention in the game log. I figured maybe there was a pick off that is not properly recorded in the game log/outs when doing RTTS with some fast forwarding.

Okay, I guess that makes sense, in both instances they had chances to steal so I guess that happened during the simulation but it failed to log it, still pretty lovely though.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
It's my first time playing franchise mode, and I'm starting to get the hang of things I think. I know what a Rule 5 draft is now and also why it's a bad idea to call up all your prospects for 'experience' when you're out of the playoff picture at the end of the season. I've also ordered the Ken Burns Baseball soundtrack to spice up the menus.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Oh hey, another patch in, and still no Dynamic Hitting Difficulty in RTTS... I mean, it's cool that I was leading AA in Average, Slugging, Doubles, and Home Runs, but I'd really like it if I had an option between "Never draw a walk, hit .400" and "Welp, good luck scrub". The dynamic difficulty was great for that last time I had it.

Maybe I should just switch to a pitcher for a while.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

Jingleheimer posted:

This is exactly what I was about to do but apparently I only have one Scherzer now, the other one I had disappeared. What the gently caress?
There's no "2x" on the card in your collection?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

There's no "2x" on the card in your collection?

No, but I had a few other decent cards that I didn't know about. I think what happened was I sold one of my Scherzer cards and bought a bunch of packs one night when I was super drunk and forgot about it the next day. Oh well, I have a gold Cargo on my team now so it wasn't a total waste.

VermiciousKnid84
May 28, 2004

The Bunk posted:

I've also ordered the Ken Burns Baseball soundtrack to spice up the menus.

I really want to do this! All the old recordings on that album like Joltin' Joe DiMaggio and Say Hey are great.

For a road trip with a buddy last year to see Cactus League Spring Training games I put together a big long playlist of baseball-related songs, and actually spliced in audio of big moments from Chicago Cubs games (the team we both root for) off of YouTube. I'd love to import it into the game, but I've got it all stored on Google Play Music so I can't just rip it and import.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

and actually spliced in audio of big moments from Chicago Cubs games

How is this possible? Radio broadcasts didn't start until the 1920s, almost 15 years after the Cubs have anything that could remotely be considered a big moment.

VermiciousKnid84
May 28, 2004

jabro posted:

How is this possible? Radio broadcasts didn't start until the 1920s, almost 15 years after the Cubs have anything that could remotely be considered a big moment.

:iceburn:

I mean, there was that one time Kerry Wood struck out 20 guys as a rookie and we all knew he'd go on to have a Hall of Fam--:(.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

man conquest is so goddamn easy now that I know what I'm doing. 10 turns in I have over 100 territories and 3 or 4 strongholds, haven't played a game above veteran.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

is there a reason why i turn off variable umpires and this game still has no loving concept of a consistent strike zone

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

You didn't want variable umps so now you get stuck with Joe West every game. Take your medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Man, I had a perfect game going, and then it calls the mercy rule for no reason. Disappointing.

At least I was able to boost my plate discipline stats.

• Locked thread