Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ManicJason
Oct 27, 2003

He doesn't really stop the puck, but he scares the hell out of the other team.

IMB posted:

Amazon gave me like $15 off for preordering through them because of Prime???? I dunno but I did it. I was thinking about taking the day off work but I dunno if the thing is gonna show up at like 4 pm
Thanks for the tip. That worked for me as well.

They seem to have done a great job of adding enough modes and whatnot to justify the upgrade, even if I did see the same stupid animation on a preview stream of the relief pitcher dropping his glove that happens every god drat time a reliever comes in.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy
Preorded the MVP edition.

In pure MLB fashion, the preorder packs are nowhere to be found and are currently broken :allears:

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Battle royale is cool and good. Draft a 25 man team with preselected DD cards, then play other users in 3 inning games.

Won my first game with a walk off dinger that i hit with Shark :getin:

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

drat semester starting, I just want to buy MLB and play DD/Battle Royale

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
Just got home, hope this poo poo is worth the wait.

Got an 89 OVR Cargo for logging in, and they can't connect to online. Awesome.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 09:43 on Mar 29, 2016

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
First swing with David Wright in online h2h...dinger. Then the game froze two batters later.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Stanton in my first pre-order pack. Nice.

And a Chapman. Yeay a closer.

davecrazy fucked around with this message at 10:15 on Mar 29, 2016

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Boys my $10-off Amazon copy is out for delivery.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
my preorder packs got me

Kris Bryant
Chapman
De Grom
Joe Carter

In addition to my Nelson Cruz from loyalty.

for fun non gold cards, I got jordan zimmerman and Schwarber. Dingers are in my future.

Now to work all day instead of mash taters. goddamnit.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I got MVP too but I'ma sell all the cards for accessories for my Barbie doll RTTS player.

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

I was able to redeem my stubs from MVP edition but found no way to get the packs. I assume the servers were on fire, or did I miss something obvious?

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

There's a redeem section in one of the menus.

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.
Are there any changes this year to the gameplay mechanics? Or is pitching/fielding/hitting identical to last year's game?

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Karl Ontario posted:

Are there any changes this year to the gameplay mechanics? Or is pitching/fielding/hitting identical to last year's game?

they changed the pitch preview in classic mode and i like it a lot better. fielding feels smoother and you get a meter showing the effectiveness of your preloaded throws. not sure i like the camera being used in directional this year though because it shifts enough that makes watching the ball hard as it "moves the zone" so to speak with the camera shift.

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Is there a way to skip the tutorial game?

Edit: nm I see the "installing" bar now.

ScrubLeague fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Mar 29, 2016

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Dubious posted:

they changed the pitch preview in classic mode and i like it a lot better. fielding feels smoother and you get a meter showing the effectiveness of your preloaded throws. not sure i like the camera being used in directional this year though because it shifts enough that makes watching the ball hard as it "moves the zone" so to speak with the camera shift.

Just play for the Astros in RTTS and the way you field pop ups that spin the camera is now a feature!

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

I like the ShowTime fielding but holy gently caress why won't they let me invert the Y-axis?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Just picked it up. Terrible Canadian dollar made the game $100, but oh well, it's my favourite sports franchise running. After all this dinger talk I'm looking forward to mashing with the Jays.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

MagicCube posted:

Just picked it up. Terrible Canadian dollar made the game $100, but oh well, it's my favourite sports franchise running. After all this dinger talk I'm looking forward to mashing with the Jays.

i can't wait to blast one with joey bats because The Bat Flip is in the game

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

Only played a single game last night before bed but I really liked the new default batting camera angle. Felt like I had an easier time identifying pitches around the edges of the zone.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

SMALL SAMPLE SIZE

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

SMALL SAMPLE SIZE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9qqvm-LT8

Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

Screw this crap I've had it, I ain't no Mr. Cool
Anybody have tips for hitting using Showtime? I try my best to wait for the indicator to meet the ball but keep grounding out/ popping up. Wanna hit some dingers!

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Sooooo much easier to pick up the spin of changeups and sliders this year, back to knocking the poo poo out of sloppy breaking balls in the zone. Last year I would wiff on garbage left and right. This year if my opponent hangs a slider belt high in the middle of the zone its a one way ticket to dinger town.

GB_Sign posted:

Only played a single game last night before bed but I really liked the new default batting camera angle. Felt like I had an easier time identifying pitches around the edges of the zone.

I keep chaning the batter camera every game, sometimes every batter, can't find one I like yet.

I hate looking up at the pitcher, I want to looking straight at him, a tad offset.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
I hope the guys i play in battle royale tonight were as dumb as last night. The last game I played the guy kept on pitching after his pitcher hit zero energy.

bullpen!?? naaaaah i'm good *smacks a dinger* :smugdog:

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
How the hell am I supposed to get 4 wins with a lovely relief pitching c.j. wilson?

This is gonna suck.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Oops, had a nice Battle Royale bug where all my players walked off the field back to the clubhouse after finishing an inning in a tie game. Guess they decided they had enough?

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

On my first online attempts I see "challenge failed" is still here

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer

Eifert Posting posted:

All I ever wanted was Sounds of the Show. Now my batter will walk out to the organ melody in Shin Joong Hyun's "The Man Who Must Leave" and hit dingers to the guitar riff.

All is well.

Am I missing the option to put custom music on the walk up? I can add the music but it doesn't show up for my player.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uU_zW2oF5Ec This got it.

Eifert Posting fucked around with this message at 05:18 on Mar 30, 2016

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
So the answer to my riddle of how the hell do I get wins with C.J. Wilson:

Bring him with two outs in the fifth. So if any of you get a similar mission there you go.

2 wins down, 2 to go tomorrow.

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

Lipstick Apathy
Miguel Sano is a bad, bad man in DD. That is all.

Toona the Cat
Jun 9, 2004

The Greatest

Eifert Posting posted:

Am I missing the option to put custom music on the walk up? I can add the music but it doesn't show up for my player.

You have to make a playlist with the music first. It took me a lot longer than I care to admit to figure it out.

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

Here you go guys, the reason you bought the game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/sounds-show/874948-sots-ps4-starter-pack.html

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost
So I've been keeping an eye on this since it was announced, but I'm a filthy casual who hasn't played a Show game since '14. If I'm not into DD, or multiplayer at all for that matter and again, I'm a filthy casual, is this worth picking up for the full $60, or should I wait until I can get a deal on it for cheaper?

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Is career mode still just a bunch of text? I would buy if they put a little more effort into the presentation, NBA 2k15 style. (not 16 plz)

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

online h2h

Karl Ontario
Jan 1, 2006

Maybe if I'm part of that mob, I can help steer it in wise directions.

davecrazy posted:

online h2h

Nice! I got a chance to play online last night and I was having a lot of trouble hitting. It seems there was a slight hitch right before the ball crossed the plate each time, I'd see the same thing when I was pitching to my opponent. Is that usual and something I'll need to adjust to? Or did I just have a dodgy connection?

GB_Sign
Oct 9, 2012

I have never bothered to modify poo poo like the guys at OS do. How long would it take to get that set up/installed for all the teams. Seems like a cool thing, but also a tonne of work.

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer
I still can't get over not having pure analog stride timing with directional hitting. Pure analog were you just control your stride feels like I have no control over anything. I can have good or perfect timing and my guy will still whiff or hit a pop up, it seems completely arbitrary.

I guess I'll give directional or button press hitting a try but it just isn't the same. I want my dual stick analog hitting back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
Conquest is Fun but I keep randomly starting the same two pitchers every loving time

davecrazy posted:

Sooooo much easier to pick up the spin of changeups and sliders this year, back to knocking the poo poo out of sloppy breaking balls in the zone. Last year I would wiff on garbage left and right. This year if my opponent hangs a slider belt high in the middle of the zone its a one way ticket to dinger town.

I'm having the opposite problem, I didn't play 15 and I'm wondering if that's why. In 14, a good 12-6 curve would get me fairly often but I was good enough at at least fouling off if not taking sliders and changes off the plate. I'm loving swinging at everything right now and it's not good. I think the CPU knows it too and they're throwing me nothing but low change/curve and I'm swinging a loving wet noodle out there :ohdear:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 30, 2016

• Locked thread