Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Ether Frenzy posted:

Is there going to be any sort of online Road To The Show type mode ala FIFA or NBA 2k? I just want to compare my minor league batting skills to my RL friends'.

Did they take that out? You used to be able to see your PSN friends' RTTS guys on a leaderboard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Eifert Posting posted:

All I ever wanted was Sounds of the Show. Now my batter will walk out to the organ melody in Shin Joong Hyun's "The Man Who Must Leave" and hit dingers to the guitar riff.

All is well.

The correct walk up music is Prince Fielder's with Bryce Harper's a close second.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

https://twitter.com/wornwhite/status/587344900619952128

Prince's is a WWII air raid siren. He wins.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Eifert Posting posted:

This is the most offensive thing I've seen written in Something Awful. Gonna have to write an effort post in NMD to show how wrong you are. I saw the man suspended from cables at age 77 playing a live guitar solo for an encore after performing for a solid 90 minutes with about 7 of his kids/grandkids.

Too bad he isn't talented or he could have retired by now.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Auk14HP posted:

What is "Dandy Kaiser's progression"? A cursory google search didn't seem to bring up anything.

Uh he is the guy who posted right above you saying how to pitch in fake baseball.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

If you ain't swingin' you ain't homerin'.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

I haven't bought this year's version yet but all previous years you could go into the pitching menu and there is a ball marker setting. Change it to fade and the marker will fade out when pitching so your opponent won't know what pitch is coming.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Dubious posted:

I'm going to set up a test league to see if it's even feasible to try a goon league this year. I'll need 6 people to commit to trying it out and seeing how it works (minimum league size possible).

Anyone interested in giving it a go?

I'll join. Only can play after 8:30PM PST during the week but mostly anytime on the weekends though. Take the Mets unless Dave plays and wants them, then I'll take the Angels.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

What's the fastest way to get stubs without paying money? That's some bullshit Battle Royale is pay.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

and actually spliced in audio of big moments from Chicago Cubs games

How is this possible? Radio broadcasts didn't start until the 1920s, almost 15 years after the Cubs have anything that could remotely be considered a big moment.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Jingleheimer posted:

I don't remember exactly what my numbers were, but in last year's game I was hitting insane numbers and got a $30 million deal in arbitration. Would have been more but I guess 30 is the most you can make in a year. I didn't play enough to get to free agency but I'm sure it would have been a ridiculous contract.

Speaking of RTTS players, how many of you have made countless RTTS guys and have NEVER played for or even been traded to your favorite team? I'd love to play for the Tigers, but just picking them at the beginning is just so boring.

I always go drafted and was drafted once by the Mets. I never pick my teams since that ruins part of the fun of RTTS but have refused to sign with both the Dodgers and Yankees.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

vyst posted:

If you don't care about playing online do you all feel this is still a fun game? I prefer just doing make a player modes and playing solo to pass the time.

RTTS is completely solo and the best mode.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did the last patch gently caress with the animations? I just had a game where I should have had 3 easy double plays but either the 2nd baseman or SS lobbed the ball to each other for the first out which made the batter reach base safely. Molina beat out a throw for crying out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did they axe Kill Strain?

• Locked thread