Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

I'm not gonna lie, I preordered before I knew, but Sounds of the Show is the best surprise since I got to see my grandfather at Christmas a couple weeks before he died and Polo Grounds is just icing on the cake.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh my God I'm hyped for baseball risk.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Dubious posted:

they changed the pitch preview in classic mode and i like it a lot better. fielding feels smoother and you get a meter showing the effectiveness of your preloaded throws. not sure i like the camera being used in directional this year though because it shifts enough that makes watching the ball hard as it "moves the zone" so to speak with the camera shift.

Just play for the Astros in RTTS and the way you field pop ups that spin the camera is now a feature!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Someone help me not be trash at hitting online. It feels like I swing at everything, I've tried the strike zone view, the fish eye, and one other, I think offset. I try to hold back but I get fooled every time. I also can't time that poo poo right, so when it is a fastball right down the middle I'm too early. Change up right down the middle and I'm too late...

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Waffles Inc. posted:

Anyone have any success in RTTS using Showtime while batting? It totally throws off my timing to the point where I gave up on it and just add Perks and save a tiny bit of meter for timing steals

Don't, save it for stealing and fielding.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Jingleheimer posted:

I don't remember exactly what my numbers were, but in last year's game I was hitting insane numbers and got a $30 million deal in arbitration. Would have been more but I guess 30 is the most you can make in a year. I didn't play enough to get to free agency but I'm sure it would have been a ridiculous contract.

I really wish there was something to do with money. Gimme an apartment and housing options then let me buy loving furniture or something. Lemme buy a car!

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

My favorite part about playing in Polo Grounds is that when you do it against the computer they will make hilarious errors all day. The pitcher will throw it to second base trying to turn a double play on a groundout and just launch it into center field. Outfielders will throw about 90 feet wide of the cut off men. And of course the infield homers.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

Oh my god how do you turn off the controller audio?

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

RttS is for breaking records and mashing tatters. gently caress your stupid losing team I'm on my own team and the only member, me, either hits a home run of flys out on the first pitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

There's never going to be a way to stop the controls from flipping while fielding a fly ball that's behind you, huh?

• Locked thread