Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Josh Reddick has pretty good walk-up music and this was pre-Deadpool as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwWBVm5wmL0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

The AI will swing at a fair amount out of the zone, especially if you start it in the zone with a slider, curve, change, etc. Even more so if the count is in your favour since they'll need to protect.

Really though, the catcher's suggestions are usually a good starting point to start understanding how the pitching works. As time goes by you can start putting in a few of your own choices and see how they work and then eventually you'll get to the point where you don't need the suggestions.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Just picked it up. Terrible Canadian dollar made the game $100, but oh well, it's my favourite sports franchise running. After all this dinger talk I'm looking forward to mashing with the Jays.

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Oops, had a nice Battle Royale bug where all my players walked off the field back to the clubhouse after finishing an inning in a tie game. Guess they decided they had enough?

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

You didn't want variable umps so now you get stuck with Joe West every game. Take your medicine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MagicCube
May 25, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

How the hell does the game even model injuries? Because the amount of line drives I have hit into a guy's kidney/liver that he simply picked up and threw me out on seems kind of insane.

The injury model is really poor. It has to be some random low chance of injury when pitchers get hit. I've cranked line drives right back at their head and they lie lifeless on the ground but still stay in the game. Even when they do get injured there is some weird poo poo that happens. I've hit a pitcher in the leg and he had to leave the game because he caught the flu? I've noticed the weirdness with other places as well such as someone pulling up after running to first and having to leave the game because of an elbow contusion.

• Locked thread