Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
every game in old school parks, exact replica of MVP 2005 soundtrack, get in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Ice To Meet You posted:

I want cheat codes to come back and I don't know why they stopped putting them in games. This is where I would post the video of Triple Play Baseball, where the players have big heads, super speed, 10 foot long bats, explode whenever they touch each other, and are playing on the moon, but it's no longer on Youtube :(

I miss 1000 ft homeruns

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Toona the Cat posted:

PRESSUREPRESSUREPRESSURE

I actually think the solution is half 2005 soundtrack and half 2004 soundtrack.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's loving baseball risk and it's probably the only game mode outside RTTS that I'm going to play regularly

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

It's by far the most original and intriguing sports video game mode since EASHL and RTTS/Heisman mode/Be a Pro/etc.

Before that it was the mini games in MVP/Madden 05 and the HRD in Triple Play where you could play on the construction site and the giant living room

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Location, Location, Location. Also establishing and then changing sightlines is key (ie. high inside fastball followed by low and/or away changeup/slider/curve)

When pitching against the computer I usually follow this rough strategy:

1st pitch: best FB/Cutter/Sinker, low and in to same handed / low and away to opposite handed

2nd pitch:
- if he took the first pitch, I'll throw the same one. low and away to either
- if he swung at the first pitch, i'll throw a change-up to the same spot or the same/similar pitch low and to the other side of the plate

3rd pitch:
- if it's 0-2, I'll throw off-speed low out of the zone and to a side of the plate depending on how he reacted to the first two pitches
- if it's 1-1 or 2-0, I'll throw another hard pitch somewhere low in the zone based off of how he's swung at/taken the last two pitches

4th pitch:
- if it's 0-2 or 1-2, fastball high and in, borderline out of the zone (get him going up the ladder)
- if it's 2-1, fastball middle-low (or changeup if you've got one that's good enough that you're really sure you can locate it low and still find the zone)
- if it's 3-0, just try to throw a strike and stay away from hot zones/places you've already pitched to a ton

5th pitch:
- if it's 0-2 or 1-2, off-speed low and away
- if it's 2-2, fastball high and in again (same as 0-2/1-2)
- if it's 3-1, same as 3-0

After that its really just remembering what you've thrown and what he's swung at

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 20:08 on Mar 23, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

it is me, the dandiest kaiser, accept no imitations

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Conquest is Fun but I keep randomly starting the same two pitchers every loving time

davecrazy posted:

Sooooo much easier to pick up the spin of changeups and sliders this year, back to knocking the poo poo out of sloppy breaking balls in the zone. Last year I would wiff on garbage left and right. This year if my opponent hangs a slider belt high in the middle of the zone its a one way ticket to dinger town.

I'm having the opposite problem, I didn't play 15 and I'm wondering if that's why. In 14, a good 12-6 curve would get me fairly often but I was good enough at at least fouling off if not taking sliders and changes off the plate. I'm loving swinging at everything right now and it's not good. I think the CPU knows it too and they're throwing me nothing but low change/curve and I'm swinging a loving wet noodle out there :ohdear:

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 17:54 on Mar 30, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I've played 12 Conquest games, Archie Bradley has started for me 5 times, Chase Whitley 4 times (and Tyler Cray 2 times before I got Whitley and fed him to my CAP), my top three starters of Wheeler, Cobb, and Owens have started once combined (Owens) :effort:

I have a feeling this otherwise awesome mode is going to be very annoying.

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 18:41 on Mar 30, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Wish Media Player weren't broken because I'm already sick of this loving soundtrack

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

No, I had two spend three hours installing my friend's copy of 15 just to move my saves over

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Maybe that was why I was playing conquest and it was taking a full 5 seconds between actions to do anything and after sitting through 10 minutes to do a round I was like gently caress this and force quit the game and watched TV instead

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

so they released a patch that fixed a bunch of online bugs but I didn't see anything about it fixing dynamic hitting being broken in RTTS

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Conquest is fun as hell, but it's basically impossible to win unless you can consistently play on at least All-Star difficulty.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I'm really glad that Conquest, a mode wherein I only play the CPU, can't be accessed if I can't connect to the servers.

I'm like 2 turns from winning damnit

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Dubious posted:

cool.

I'll set it up tonight, and send an invite. If anyone else wants to try, let me know. We can't actually start it until 6 people are invited and joined.

i'll take one

e: since the reds are terrible and the mets are basically spoken for, i guess i'd take the astros?

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Apr 19, 2016

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

man conquest is so goddamn easy now that I know what I'm doing. 10 turns in I have over 100 territories and 3 or 4 strongholds, haven't played a game above veteran.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

is there a reason why i turn off variable umpires and this game still has no loving concept of a consistent strike zone

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I have SS Buster Smallwood and SP Rusty Bannister which aren't explicitly hilarious, but I think they're funny.

My CP is Kenny Blankenship :q:

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

Inspector_666 posted:

I hope you imported a very distinctive walk-up song.

i need this video

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

counterpoint: adam lind mashes taters all day err day.

my lind/ruf platoon is hitting like .450 with 30 HR in like 75 games

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

but did they fix RttS dynamic hitting yet

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

THEY FIXED IT GLORY BE

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I've played two online games and have given up an inside the park HR in both because my outfielders WON'T THROW THE loving BALL

jesus of loving christland

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

No mission completion notifications is a huge oversight. Especially since they don't start the counter for the next phase until you redeem the previous level's reward.

Also, the fact that you don't get any reward for completing Conquest (performance based or static) after the first time is dumb and makes the mode have literally no replay value.

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

i had fun the first 3 or 4 times through and now it's just a slog.

There's only so many ways that you can beat it. I've done it by building up a good plot of land and then taking the country by area, i've done it taking all of the 300-whatever spaces first and then overpowering everyone one stronghold at a time, i've done it by just saying gently caress it and taking as many strongholds as i can in one turn and then laying waste to the outlying spaces after knocking everyone out.

After a while it's just playing a bunch of 3 inning baseball games with no real outcome. I'm just going back to playing RTTS exclusively like i have every other year prior.

e: I think an offline Battle Royale where you have to draft with the cards you have and then maybe have to play the MLB gauntlet (and then maybe a throwback team or two) similar to NBA Jam, would be hell of fun

Teemu Pokemon fucked around with this message at 06:53 on Jun 10, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

inside the park three run homerun

• Locked thread