Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Anyone have any success in RTTS using Showtime while batting? It totally throws off my timing to the point where I gave up on it and just add Perks and save a tiny bit of meter for timing steals

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Paperback Writer posted:

the server lag being mentioned is a serious problem though. I hope they address it.

Yeah agreed, this is incredibly obnoxious; it's taking forever to do really basic things at peak times

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

The Berzerker posted:

I haven't played a baseball video game since like, RBI Baseball on NES. I rented this and have been playing the RTTS mode or whatever it's called where you create a player and then have a career, I'm in AA ball and have been mostly playing games, occasionally simulating them, etc. but I don't know much about the other modes. I did a home run derby earlier which was whatever. I just tried the mode where you draft a team (confusing and I think I hosed it up pretty bad) and then tried playing a game with my drafted team where I got lagged to poo poo and lost 1-0 (probably doesn't help that I've never done any pitching in this game until this mode). Any suggestions on what I should be doing in this game, or what would be the most fun mode for a total newbie?

Franchise is fun and good and if you don't add you and your friends as 99 OVR monsters to your team to try to have three players who break Bonds' record then why are you even playing video games

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

EDIT: He's playing online right now and he just had Utley PH for Kershaw, and the other dude immediately threw a fastball at his head. :v:

haha doing god's work

Waffles Inc.
Jan 20, 2005

Inspector_666 posted:

MAYBE loving TELL ME SO I CAN FINALLY STEAL HOME.

So this is totally borderline cheating, but (on the PS4 at least) it's incredibly easy to steal home if you've got a guy with a 94-95+ speed because gaming the stealing mechanics is easy:

Set the baserunning control scheme to the button one where you have to hold R2 to steal. As soon as the sequence where you're on base "loads", press and let go R2 then press and hold it right away again--the controller will vibrate. Then what happens is *AS SOON* as the pitcher begins to do anything to do with a real pitch, your guy takes off.

In the RTTS training sessions you can do, the timer says the reaction time is 0.02s. It's that fast. You'll be able to outrun slide steps and even pitch-outs without even manually leading off.

It takes away the ~magic~ of stealing home, but hell, you can steal home on a righty if they throw anything but a fastball about 7/10 (depending on the catcher, too). Plus then you get to imagine people watching someone steal home to walk off Game 7 of the WS.

MagicCube posted:

The injury model is really poor. It has to be some random low chance of injury when pitchers get hit. I've cranked line drives right back at their head and they lie lifeless on the ground but still stay in the game. Even when they do get injured there is some weird poo poo that happens. I've hit a pitcher in the leg and he had to leave the game because he caught the flu? I've noticed the weirdness with other places as well such as someone pulling up after running to first and having to leave the game because of an elbow contusion.

Right? I've hit about a billion balls right back to the pitcher and I've never seen them get hurt, despite the announcers going on and on about it. Yet I've lost a guy for like 3 months by just loving around and having him dive unnecessarily. I can't help but think injuries are just kinda punitive in this.

Waffles Inc. fucked around with this message at 20:59 on Jun 8, 2016

• Locked thread