Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Mostly I've been pretty unlucky with cards but one night I got drunk and purchased a bunch of stubs for packs and got a gold Jose Abreu and two diamond Scherzers from it. I haven't sold the second Scherzer yet but when I do I know that I'll end up getting nothing but crap cards out of it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Metapod posted:

Why not use the stubs you get from Scherzer to buy players you know are good?

This is exactly what I was about to do but apparently I only have one Scherzer now, the other one I had disappeared. What the gently caress?

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006

Paperback Writer posted:

There's no "2x" on the card in your collection?

No, but I had a few other decent cards that I didn't know about. I think what happened was I sold one of my Scherzer cards and bought a bunch of packs one night when I was super drunk and forgot about it the next day. Oh well, I have a gold Cargo on my team now so it wasn't a total waste.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
Tomorrow I'm making a Gerald Laird clone for RTTS and he's going to break all of the records.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I'm playing conquest mode right now. I love playing games on rookie mode, because when I use Prince Fielder as a pinch hitter it's so satisfying to leave him on the mound and not give up any runs or hits.

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I don't remember exactly what my numbers were, but in last year's game I was hitting insane numbers and got a $30 million deal in arbitration. Would have been more but I guess 30 is the most you can make in a year. I didn't play enough to get to free agency but I'm sure it would have been a ridiculous contract.

Speaking of RTTS players, how many of you have made countless RTTS guys and have NEVER played for or even been traded to your favorite team? I'd love to play for the Tigers, but just picking them at the beginning is just so boring.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jingleheimer
Mar 30, 2006
I've been playing this game again lately, the other day I had a few minutes to kill and I decided to play a quick online game. The game ended up going 20 innings and I ended up not getting any work done around the house. I think twice in extra innings I scored in the top half and he tied it up right after. I had like 4 errors in the game. I'm just glad I won otherwise I would have been furious.

• Locked thread