Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
Bucking the trend by voting for Ted Cruz, I'm hyped and gonna pick up Conquest on release yeeeeeaaaaaa

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

G-Gundam should run for president.

Slur
Mar 6, 2013

It's the Final Countdown.
So has there been a DLC level as difficult as Apotheosis confirmed yet?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Slur posted:

So has there been a DLC level as difficult as Apotheosis confirmed yet?
The DLC is over in Japan. The last DLC was released 4 months ago. Nothing as difficult as Apotheosis. Probably because the game has online multiplayer, so if you want to bash your head into overpowered units, just go online and bash heads with somebody else who spent way too much time grinding.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Endorph posted:

there's some mildly dumb writing where people do incredibly stupid things instead of just explaining what is going on, but the same can be said of literally every fire emblem ever released. and birthright actually has a decent plot because it's pretty straightforward and has sympathetic villains as a consequence of the route gimmick.

people acting like conquest's plot is the worst thing ever are just weirdos who expected a fire emblem game to have a plot that raised above 'i mean there were a couple of good moments and the characters were fun.'

When I heard about the route gimmick I thought immediately of Code Geass (the first season, anyway. Did not watch too much of R2, and from what I heard I didn't miss much). As such, I was not expecting too much. As long as the character writing is decent/fun (as it usually is with these games), I can deal with it.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Unlucky7 posted:

When I heard about the route gimmick I thought immediately of Code Geass (the first season, anyway. Did not watch too much of R2, and from what I heard I didn't miss much). As such, I was not expecting too much. As long as the character writing is decent/fun (as it usually is with these games), I can deal with it.

We had this conversation months ago. There is no table-loving in Fates.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if this gets 5 faves i'll post my all-time anime power rankings

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Unlucky7 posted:

When I heard about the route gimmick

I'm not sure making three almost-complete games deserves to be dismissed as a gimmick.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
yeah, it's more like taking the gimmicky route splits from like, 6 and 8 and actually doing something substantial with the idea

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

AlphaKretin posted:

I'm not sure making three almost-complete games deserves to be dismissed as a gimmick.

I don't doubt that they are complete games, but what else can one call it?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

Looper posted:

yeah, it's more like taking the gimmicky route splits from like, 6 and 8 and actually doing something substantial with the idea

Needs to be more like SRW instead.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
thank you for the chart

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
So what does maxing out the heart gauge on the skinshippin mini games do anyways?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Gives you a Seed of Trust style support point boost afaik.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Eaten by Tigers posted:

So what does maxing out the heart gauge on the skinshippin mini games do anyways?

In the NA release: dick. You can only skinship with the person you already have an S rank with. Instead people will randomly show up in your room, say a line and then you get the bonus that the Japanese version would have required you to play the skinship game to get.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
I know you can only rub your spouse's face now, but in the gamexplain vids there was still a heart counter for it and it was all "if you fill it up something new might happen" so idk.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Do you need an item to promote? Did you in Awakening?

Somehow I've forgotten and all I can remember is they changed the English versions of the Tellius games so you didn't which was kind of cool I guess?

Terper
Jun 26, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

They changed "Majinaishi" to "Diviner" but left it's promotion as "Onmyoji" as is when they could have translated it to "Excorcist."

Translating Onmyoji as Exorcist would be like translating Miko as Nun. There is no real English equivalent to Onmyoji, and Exorcist is not a particularly good translation.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

Do you need an item to promote? Did you in Awakening?

Somehow I've forgotten and all I can remember is they changed the English versions of the Tellius games so you didn't which was kind of cool I guess?
You do, but it's the same item for everyone and after a certain point you can just buy them.

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014
can't believe you didn't mention caeldori in the list of dumb names.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

caeldori is a cute name

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

TWIST FIST posted:

caeldori is a lame name

ftfy

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

youre a lame name

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
There's nothing lame about tiger violence

Tonlim
Jan 4, 2014

Some names for the kids, notably Forrest for Foleo.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Uuuuuugh Shigure is just the worst name.

From the Beruka school of "gently caress it let's just transcribe the katakana"

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

The DLC is over in Japan. The last DLC was released 4 months ago. Nothing as difficult as Apotheosis. Probably because the game has online multiplayer, so if you want to bash your head into overpowered units, just go online and bash heads with somebody else who spent way too much time grinding.

I thought that NOA had already shown off all the DLC Japan got and lablled it as map pack 1 or some poo poo. Doesn't that imply we're getting more DLC?

Avalerion
Oct 19, 2012

Endorph posted:

Probably because the game has online multiplayer, so if you want to bash your head into overpowered units, just go online and bash heads with somebody else who spent way too much time grinding.

Is that actually online (wifi) or just local/street pass crap?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Avalerion posted:

Is that actually online (wifi) or just local/street pass crap?
it is actually online

cheetah7071 posted:

Uuuuuugh Shigure is just the worst name.

From the Beruka school of "gently caress it let's just transcribe the katakana"
The two things aren't comparable at all. Beruka is trying to be a western name. Shigure is an actual japanese word, and very rare family name. It means drizzling rain. Azura was raised in Hoshido, so it makes sense she'd give her kid a Japanese name. And the meaning matches her name.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Well I guess I stand corrected. Shigure is a dumb sounding real Japanese name instead of a dumb sounding made up name. Sorry Japanese people named Shigure

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler
Okay so maybe I am just not up on this hepcat lingo, but what the gently caress is skinshipping.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

who spells jenny jenni

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

it was also the name of a prominent WW2 vessel that took part in the battle of midway. Be sure to apologize to the boat, too.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sperglord Firecock posted:

Okay so maybe I am just not up on this hepcat lingo, but what the gently caress is skinshipping.
a japanese term for physical closeness with a sibling. things like hugs or patting them on the head.

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Endorph posted:

a japanese term for physical closeness with a sibling. things like hugs or patting them on the head.

I expected worse from Japan.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I'm sorry Japanese battleship Shigure

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Sperglord Firecock posted:

I expected worse from Japan.
the japanese are people. you apologize to the japanese battleship Shigure as well.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

I'm sorry Japanese battleship Shigure

I can't wait for the Fire Emblem/Advance Wars crossover.

Lord Ephraim
Feb 22, 2008

That's one way to get ahead in life, but nothing beats an axe to the face.
Google results for Japanese battleships are 90% anime girls and 10% actual historic value.

I think I'm going to make Shigure my Ballistician.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fishception
Feb 20, 2011

~carrier has arrived~
Oven Wrangler

Endorph posted:

the japanese are people. you apologize to the japanese battleship Shigure as well.

I will apologize once Shigure beats a Zaku II in battle

• Locked thread