Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
We create a character again, right? I thought the sister in the OP was the sister of the big ole Bushido looking dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Junpei Hyde posted:

Yes, said Bushido dude is your older brother.
Oh. Do you have any relations on the Nohr side?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does the nohr route just disable the scout option or are challenges gone too?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Does the nohr route just disable the scout option or are challenges gone too?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Strange Quark posted:

I don't know what either of those are, fwiw.
Thanks, I think that answers my question. On Birthright in-between chapters you can select challenge to do junk maps. Scout renews the option so you can do more. I know Nohr disables grinding but I was curious how it did that before I buy it. I get the impression from your post both options are gone, which means grinding supports is prolly done in DLC (can't imagine they'd block that on Nohr) or castle battles.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Even with the nerfs pair up still seems like the answer 90% of the time.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Idk the pair ups that give you strength are p good even for offense. I guess the support attack gets vicious later in the game with better weapons?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Verranicus posted:

Is there any reason to play one path before another? I'm having trouble deciding which to follow for my first complete run.

Play the samurai yo how often do you get Bushido in fire emblem!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I really regret playing Birthright. The cast is mostly a snooze fest.

Just trying to get through these late teen stages now. Or maybe I'll just go to Conquest like everyone else seems to have done, hah.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What's the best way to level supports?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Endorph posted:

you can grind them by invading other people's castles
Just pass turns yeah?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I visited this one castle and it has first gen people with Aptitude. That has to be a hacked file right?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is there any explanation for the characters that can support nobody except the avatar?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
If you reclass the Butler or Maid, are you effectively dropping 20 levels since those caps are 40? What happens if you reclass above 20?

Kinda want to reclass my Jacob but he's a level 19 Butler and I suspect I won't be able to get new skills without that seal that raises his cap.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Thanks, now that I have the other one I no longer need the staff services of Jacob. Time to Great Knight it up :getin:

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Who has the grind friendly castle? I just wanna build a few supports without inflating experience on Birthright.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I dunno whether to roll my eyes at the irrational suicide scene or accept that suicide is sometimes irrational.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I roll my eyes at the entire game but I still play it. Birthright is some pretty subpar fire emblem in general though. Looking forward to Conquest salvation.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

The Shortest Path posted:

Goddamn Birthright gives you so many more units than Conquest how do I decide which ones to use when they all suck?
Really? I've found the majority of the cast to be completely bonkers. Ninjas are ridiculous, Legolas is bonkers, Oboro is a Juggernaut, Mr Bushido is literally a Hiougi incarnate, the monk dude makes an absurd clown shoes Archer...

I actually don't have enough slots and am benching the dancer and I'm completely ignoring the kids.

Sakura kinda sucks, I'll give it that.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I want to see how deep we can go for origins of kids. What's next I wonder?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I just wish Mr Bushido wasn't constantly slapping you on the butt in Birthright to help you lead. He's like constantly patting you on the head, taking the war like it's some instructional exercise for Corrin.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I have been ignoring the forge and only just now started messing with it and now I feel like I'm cheating.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Is there anything that can beat Ryoma on Birthright? Don't think so.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What's all in that expensive map pack DLC or is that just package buying the maps and you get them in chunks as they release?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
Do any of the A+ supports have a scene?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
drat we have so many support scenes for such random things but they couldn't spring one for the few A+ supports or the characters that only support the MC?

I ROLL MY EYES

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
"Next time blow a little harder"

oh my

Zore posted:

A+ supports are also only one way so you'd need a scene for both or it'd play the same thing twice if you A+ people to each other.
Oh that makes sense.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Toxxupation posted:

Man 19 birthright sure is a cakewalk
At that point the rest of the game is. If nothing else Ryouma can solo entire armies.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tae posted:

If you're playing on normal.
Naw, I'm on hard. I think I got pretty lucky with my units comparing to a friend. What chapter did you hit where you thought the difficulty increased?

A big killer of the difficulty in my game was doing the kids in the 20s chapters. They scaled to my level and just fed extra levels when I really didn't want them but what are ya gonna do? I wanted to see the kids.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

ImpAtom posted:

I don't really mind the kids but they feel absurdly divorced from the game. There is no way for them to fit coherently into a timeline even throwing in hyperbolic time chambers because the plot is a fairly fast-paced situation with little downtime but I guess literally half your army ends up pregnant and has a kid in-between walking up a staircase and going inside or something, and the kids themselves are just weird hangers-on instead of central parts of the plot. I honestly find myself not wanting to deploy them because they really don't feel sensible or connected in any way, shape or form.

Also because it makes your entire army look like horrifyingly bad parents.
At least on BIrthright, I've disliked how the kids I've had all use the Deeprealm thing as their introduction dialog. It's usually something like "YOU LEFT ME HERE ALL ALONE HOW DID YOU EXPECT..."

Ah well

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Tae posted:

Difficulty increased around the final 5 chapters, when enemies can actually pierce the Oboro/Hinoka wall for good damage. My characters were all nearly 20/15 in context.
Ah, hm, nope. Wasn't my experience! I just slayed all.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
People keep hating on Takumi but he's pretty chill when he rejoins you and the two full supports I have seen are like he's good with kids and loves his son's paintings :V

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

cheetah7071 posted:

He's more hateable in Conquest.
makes sense, birthright makes Leo out to be a whiny brat

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Leo gets to be cool in Birthright, he just needs an rear end-kicking first.

that reminds me one of the funnier scenes in the game "HERE'S A WARP BOOK EVERYONE"

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
For the petting game if you tap the screen really hard the character acts like you punched them

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I wonder what happens with a female character? This was with Kaze. He was quite annoyed at me!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

Onmi posted:

I mean I'm sick and tired of this character in shows like Gundam, if only because there's a ridiculous trend of them that makes you want to die, But he's the only character who's taken this route in Fire Emblem, it works.
Boy howdy you should be watching the newest gundam then!

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

The Shortest Path posted:

I'm starting to really dislike Hana as a unit, perhaps extending that to Samurai in general.

The overall nerfs to both hp and avoid in Fates mean that it's pretty much impossible to tank even axe hits on the defense due to her abysmally low def, which relegates her to being essentially a melee archer that both does less damage and has to be coddled even harder because she can't sit in the back. It's really frustrating.
Stick with it, once you get like 75 avoidance they are practically untouchable. There's also the Sunrise Katana if you want a little extra.

It is a pain the mean time though, the supports are helpful. You can always try Hinata if you want, he comes with more defense. My Hana was grossly lopsided later in the game and I benched her. Then I look at my MC and Ryouma and realized I had made a mistake, my Hana would have been just as powerful as them had I kept at it.

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
What's the exact trigger to get more statues? Is it just when someone caps a stat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy

dukerson posted:

Wait so for Birthright 21 on each 'floor' I just have a 50% chance of getting hosed? This has been the first straight-up annoying map mechanic so far
In case nobody answered this - look at the statue to figure out which vein to pop

• Locked thread