Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grand Prize Winner
Feb 19, 2007

And let me tell you it isn't as good as it was when I was 17. What happened? Did my tastes change? Did knowing that miller is a fuckin hack make me like the film less?
Are the impressive at the time effects showing their age? This thing was my favorite movie for like several years and now I just kinda have to suffer through it

why do we come to hate the things we love, gbs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Grand Prize Winner posted:

And let me tell you it isn't as good as it was when I was 17.
bwah? why i never

let me tell you about boondok saints

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
i just took a big poo poo and now the toilet wont flush :(

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

when i was an infant i used to enjoy sucking on my mother's titties, but now the mere thought repulses me. what gives?

Fruit-by-the-Foot Fetish
Aug 3, 2012
there's no handle on my toilet :(

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Watch Dark City. I didn't really like it the first time, but now it's pretty fun to watch.

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012
go watch a proper movie like barry lyndon

here a scene with a street fighter II mashup to ease you into it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pGneCkQppLk

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
If you're like most humans, OP, your brain wasn't fully developed until you were about 25 years old. Of course your deficient teenage brain gave you terrible taste in media; I'd be shocked if it hadn't

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Xaris posted:

bwah? why i never

let me tell you about boondok saints

boondok saints is still funny as hell

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Pththya-lyi posted:

If you're like most humans, OP, your brain wasn't fully developed until you were about 25 years old. Of course your deficient teenage brain gave you terrible taste in media; I'd be shocked if it hadn't

the truly horrifying thing is that it's now apparently acceptable to keep enjoying poo poo maybe for teenage girls well into adulthood (see: hunger games, harry potter) without public shaming

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Ahundredbux posted:

boondok saints is still funny as hell

the behind-the-scenes documentary (overnight i think it was called) is fantastic

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe

Grand Prize Winner posted:

And let me tell you it isn't as good as it was when I was 17. What happened? Did my tastes change? Did knowing that miller is a fuckin hack make me like the film less?
Are the impressive at the time effects showing their age? This thing was my favorite movie for like several years and now I just kinda have to suffer through it

its a movie that needs to be on the big screen imo. I've only seen it twice and both times it was at a screening. the first time was the commercial release and the second time it was at the student cinema

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Dave Concepcion posted:

the behind-the-scenes documentary (overnight i think it was called) is fantastic

I've not seen it, thanks for the tip

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost

Dave Concepcion posted:

It's amazing how hard they had to work to make a terrible movie, and at no point did someone say how about making it less terrible

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
that's literally the only reason it's good

Suck a Dick No Homo
Apr 22, 2008
Oh my favorite movie? Yeah it's SIN CITY

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
its ok to like things but maybe not admit liking things here

:shrug:

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

a shitty king
Mar 26, 2010
BUM TICKERRR

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

It looked pretty but I wasn't really feeling it. Using the cutest man in the world to play a vicious psychopathic killer just made me lol.

Bless him.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
This movie is terrible, I like the visuals but the dialog and story feels as though they were written by tuning into a thirteen year old boy's wet dream.

SilkyP
Jul 21, 2004

The Boo-Box

Jackie was a cop

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
i prefer city of god by mangostine

T.S. Smelliot
Apr 23, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
Boondick saint introduced me to Willem Dafoe so it gets a pass

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

you should watch better movies like the phantom menance

Rambling Robot
Sep 13, 2011
Duggar Fan Club Superstar #1 LOL

hampton posted:

when this happens i grab my phone and snap a photo, then upload said photo to wikipedia commons.

one day i'll be illustrating an article on toilets, poop or ganges.

Dicky mouse
Apr 11, 2008

"No No Not like that....Thats just silly"
I thought the movie was popular for the style it was shot in, like how it was a comic book brought to life.

XMNN
Apr 26, 2008
I am incredibly stupid

Mad Monk posted:

This movie is terrible, I like the visuals but the dialog and story feels as though they were written by tuning into a thirteen year old boy's wet dream.

88h88 posted:

It looked pretty but I wasn't really feeling it. Using the cutest man in the world to play a vicious psychopathic killer just made me lol.

this

its sort of interesting for a bit at least but its not good

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.

hampton posted:

And let me tell you it isn't as good as it was when I was 17. What happened? Did my tastes change? Did knowing that miller my toilet is broken make me like the poo poo less?
Are the impressive at the time effects showing their age? This thing was my favorite thing to do for like several years and now I just kinda have to suffer through it

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49
It tries to be Tarantino but comes off as tryhard imo. It did have Brittany Murphy in it briefly :3

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

brittany murphy was a dick to eminem in 8 mile so i don't like her

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
eminem is to rap as adelle is to pop (one trick ponies) and as such he deserves no respect so i love brittany murphy

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
also wtf goons? frank miller made a movie that was supposed to be bad and look like the fevered comic book dream of a teenager and now we will spend 100 pages talking about why it is bad (:ssh: its supposed to be)

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i thought it was a really good movie and i still enjoy it though i've not watched it for awhile. i like clive owen :)

i feel like it's aged better than 300

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

"Hi, I'm Frank Miller, and today I'm going to write about wome...WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES WHORES"

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
I liked Sin City when I was 23 or whatever haven't watched it once since I bet I wouldn't like it as much now.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
You've been a goon for too long. You're beginning to hate everything you once loved

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Nuts and Gum posted:

It tries to be Tarantino but comes off as tryhard imo.

That's every Robert Rodriguez movie.

Last Chance
Dec 31, 2004

sin city also suffers from the "millions of movies after this one did the same thing so it doesn't seem as good" thing.

also you were 17. so was i and i feel the same way you do about it now. just a big meh.

sin city 2 lmao.. man that was a limp-dicked movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Otto Von Jizzmark
Dec 27, 2004
its a good movie. goons are the worst

• Locked thread