Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Does anyone else ever feel empty, like they're a computer simulation of what other people actually feel?

this may seem nerdy, but I was listening to a Harry Potter audiobook, and I realized I had literally no memories that could be used to summon a patronus, that is, no memories that give me a sense of joy and happiness.

my earliest memory, one that I've revisited over my entire life is me standing in my preschool and looking at a distant building ( a hotel, that was demolished following an earthquake) and feeling like there was an indescribable distance between me and whatever was represented by that building.

I've spent my entire life watching the world through a haze that separates me from the outside world. it feels physical, like something between my eyes and my brain.

what happens to people like me? do we find a way to feel like we've found that building on the horizon or do we...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Work out more, then get laid.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Cumslut1895 posted:

Does anyone else ever feel empty, like they're a computer simulation of what other people actually feel?

this may seem nerdy, but I was listening to a Harry Potter audiobook, and I realized I had literally no memories that could be used to summon a patronus, that is, no memories that give me a sense of joy and happiness.

my earliest memory, one that I've revisited over my entire life is me standing in my preschool and looking at a distant building ( a hotel, that was demolished following an earthquake) and feeling like there was an indescribable distance between me and whatever was represented by that building.

I've spent my entire life watching the world through a haze that separates me from the outside world. it feels physical, like something between my eyes and my brain.

what happens to people like me? do we find a way to feel like we've found that building on the horizon or do we...

have you considered a shooting spree? thTsll show em probably

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Cumslut1895 posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Su0CRL_eA_8

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

RideTheSpiral posted:

have you considered a shooting spree? thTsll show em probably

I don't want to hurt other people, I wish i could do something to protect them

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

when i feel empty i eat something
hth OP

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

Cumslut1895 posted:

I don't want to hurt other people, I wish i could do something to protect them

Make a suit first.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

probably you're just massively autistic like the rest of us.

a hole-y ghost
May 10, 2010

right guys?? right????

Han Solomon
Mar 7, 2015

BOUND
AND
GAGGED
are you high?> maybe you just took a lot of drugs and dont remember

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

a hole-y ghost posted:

probably you're just massively autistic like the rest of us.

God I loving hope not

ButteCysts posted:

are you high?> maybe you just took a lot of drugs and dont remember

I am quite drunk

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
Try SSRI meds and if that doesnt work perhaps suicide idk

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Ahundredbux posted:

Try SSRI meds and if that doesnt work perhaps suicide idk

any particular order to those suggestions?

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK
Me too, OP. Me too.

Like I look at people all excited for transformers and ninja turtles and I just don't feel anything like nostalgia. I think maybe these people ar eunhappy and they remember a happier time when they were kids and these films and retro t-shirts give them the burst of memory they need to cheer up but I was always a miserable little twat so I don't feel nostalgia.

Get therapy and find something you can get into to make you feel feelings again.

Pimpcasso
Mar 13, 2002

VOLS BITCH

Michaellaneous posted:

when i feel empty i eat something
hth OP

ScrubLeague
Feb 11, 2007

Nap Ghost
Have you tried filling yourself up with cum

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms

Cumslut1895 posted:

any particular order to those suggestions?

i dont want you to die op, eat some chocolate and have cup of coffee :coffeepal:

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

ChogsEnhour posted:

Me too, OP. Me too.

Like I look at people all excited for transformers and ninja turtles and I just don't feel anything like nostalgia. I think maybe these people ar eunhappy and they remember a happier time when they were kids and these films and retro t-shirts give them the burst of memory they need to cheer up but I was always a miserable little twat so I don't feel nostalgia.

Get therapy and find something you can get into to make you feel feelings again.

maybe I should try tracking my household expenses in excel. I bet that's the key

agreed

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

you do you op gay wizard boys aren't for everyone but hey *looks up from the nwespaper i'm reading* someone's gotta do it

Ahundredbux
Oct 25, 2007

The right to bear arms
i'd do gay wiz boys (legal age)

Lord Frankenstyle
Dec 3, 2005

Mmmm,
You smell like Lysol Wipes.
Feeling empty?

Why not pack yourself full of dick?

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Take out a bunch of credit card debt and buy yourself material possessions.

social vegan
Nov 7, 2014

Ahundredbux posted:

i'd do gay wiz boys (legal age)

look op u aren't alone in this cold dead world wow gbs connects another 2 lost souls

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

same op

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

ScrubLeague posted:

Have you tried filling yourself up with cum

maybe he's in a rebellious phase

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Cumslut1895 posted:

*grabs ur shoulder and squeezes gently*

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
You sound like a perfect cult candidate. You should seek one out and let the light of false knowledge fill you.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
OP you're obviously an android. Please report to the nearest Bladerunner for decomission.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
maybe we could start a cult here

anyone?

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
same... same :(

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Colonel Cancer posted:

OP you're obviously an android. Please report to the nearest Bladerunner for decomission.

It's called retirement.

The Snark
May 19, 2008

by Cowcaster
I think the answer is to be a happy drunk rather than a sad drunk.

Be a happy drunk, OP.

Bodhidharma
Jul 2, 2011

"virgin no more! virgin no more!" i continue to insist as i slowly shrink and transform into a corn cob
You might be a sociopath OP.

slave to my cravings
Mar 1, 2007

Got my mind on doritos and doritos on my mind.
Jim dale does great reads of the Harry Potter books. Maybe he should be your patronus

Cake Smashing Boob
Nov 5, 2008

I support black genocide
it's because of capitalism OP

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

cheesetriangles posted:

It's called retirement.

It's called Butlerian Jihad

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Homer J. Fong posted:

Jim dale does great reads of the Harry Potter books. Maybe he should be your patronus

I hear the Stephen Fry one is real good too.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Homer J. Fong posted:

Or just get that audiobook of Ice Cube reading about dark elves.

blumpkinhead
Nov 10, 2014

aint got no time for bird sex
ive always been extra sensitive, and I was taught at a young age that I was wrong for it, so I kind of shut my feelings down. I remember being at my grandmothers funeral when I was 13 and looking at people crying and having a distinct feeling that they were putting on a show for the sake of others. been on anti-depressants for years, but it kind of spawned a nasty alcohol/drug problem after the initial novelty of happiness wore off and I felt like I was living a lie. it was pointed out to me by a good therapist that when I did have positive times, after they were over, I had a problem remembering that I had the experience or the ability to feel that way at all. my base emotion was not so obviously depression but kind of like a numbness.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thirsty Girl
Dec 5, 2015

the building represents a big wiener and you want it bad

hope this helps

• Locked thread