Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
I hung my electric guitar on the wall in my movie room. On a scale of 1-10 how much of a midlife crisis sign is this? Seems pretty bad, but it looks good up there and not sitting in its case. What other signs of midlife crisis should I be on the lookout for?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Orkin Mang
Nov 1, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
u should hang a noose from ur rafters then indulge in the solitary orgy that is selfmurder

GAYS FOR DAYS
Dec 22, 2005

by exmarx
I'd hang mine on the wall instead of having 5 stands cluttering up the corner of the room but I live in an apartment and cant start punching holes in the wall. I think it just means you're utilizing available space which is smart.

edit: wait, do you play it? If no, then yeah, total midlife crisis.

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
OP i haven't done that since my early 20s so maybe you are just in a young life crisis?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

GAYS FOR DAYS posted:

I'd hang mine on the wall instead of having 5 stands cluttering up the corner of the room but I live in an apartment and cant start punching holes in the wall. I think it just means you're utilizing available space which is smart.

edit: wait, do you play it? If no, then yeah, total midlife crisis.

Don't play as much I used to unfortunately :(

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I guess it's better than hanging a claymore sword or some replica video game sword, so you got that going for you. I'd think the worst you could do is hang a Spencer's poster and have a black light. With all that in mind I think you're just experiencing a mild case of midlife crisis.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Luvcow posted:

OP i haven't done that since my early 20s so maybe you are just in a young life crisis?

You're playing a guitar right now!

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring

King of Bees posted:

You're playing a guitar right now!

i am cooking breakfast right now (hash browns, eggs and ham) so i guess thats kind of like a food guitar

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
i cant play anymore so i put mine on the walls. eveey now and then i dust them with a feather duster

Luvcow
Jul 1, 2007

One day nearer spring
my old guitars are on stands but my nicest is in a protective case

Aug 4, 2010

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

are you considering buying another guitar to hang on the wall? if not, you're probably gonna be fine

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
It's next to a framed rock poster. How much worse does that make it?

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

King of Bees posted:

It's next to a framed rock poster. How much worse does that make it?

whic band

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
Having creative hobbies and interests, how infantile.

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
I picked up guitar playing and gym-going when I turned 33, and it was def. early midlife crisis warning.

Still better than becoming a weekend biker on a brand new Harley, or hunting 20yo girls at the bars by the university.

E: the solution is to join a band with a bunch of older guys, suddenly you feel like a newborn baby in comparison. Adverse effects can include playing Creedence, Boston and Foghat songs.

lilljonas fucked around with this message at 14:12 on Feb 12, 2016

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Ehud posted:

whic band

Misfits flier

lilljonas posted:

I picked up guitar playing and gym-going when I turned 33, and it was def. early midlife crisis warning.

Still better than becoming a weekend biker on a brand new Harley, or hunting 20yo girls at the bars by the university.

E: the solution is to join a band with a bunch of older guys, suddenly you feel like a newborn baby in comparison. Adverse effects can include playing Creedence, Boston and Foghat songs.

Harley losers are the worst. Literally buying a whole identity kit and kaboodle from the official Harley shop at outrageous prices. Lame.

I actually played in lots of old punk bands in my youth, toured, all the good stuff. But now my guitar is on my wall next to my misfits flier :(

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k
gently caress. I was chopping jalapeños and washed my hands and still burned my eye when I itched it.

GUESS IM NOT JERKING IT THIS MORNING GOD DAMMIT!!!

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

where's the worst pl,ace to put your finger if you have chili juice on it:

-eye
-nose
-glans
-butthole

hitchensgoespop
Oct 22, 2008

Panniculus Rift posted:

-eye
-nose
-glans
-butthole

nose

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Mama, put my guitars in the ground, I can't play them anymore.

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Panniculus Rift posted:

-eye
-nose
-glans
-butthole

Chili juice in the bum bum shouldn't be that bad if you're already an eater of spicy food :shrug:. I got chili dick once and did the sex act (touched my weiner to guide it in)and she got chili vag anfd really, really mad at me. We were both ice packing ourselves almost immediately. I thought it was kind of funny though. She was latina and i was all, "cmon, you mean this has never happened to you?" Boy...was I really wrong to say that. Angry naked latinas..jfc.

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

lol

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

King of Bees posted:

Chili juice in the bum bum shouldn't be that bad if you're already an eater of spicy food :shrug:. I got chili dick once and did the sex act (touched my weiner to guide it in)and she got chili vag anfd really, really mad at me. We were both ice packing ourselves almost immediately. I thought it was kind of funny though. She was latina and i was all, "cmon, you mean this has never happened to you?" Boy...was I really wrong to say that. Angry naked latinas..jfc.

AYE KURUMBA!

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!
That's one hot tamale

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

King of Bees posted:

I hung my electric guitar on the wall in my movie room. On a scale of 1-10 how much of a midlife crisis sign is this? Seems pretty bad, but it looks good up there and not sitting in its case. What other signs of midlife crisis should I be on the lookout for?

Wait, it's not even a signed guitar or anything? Just some random Fender Squire you decided to hang up? Lame as gently caress.

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
How old is your gf?

Dave Concepcion
Mar 19, 2012

Sheep-Goats posted:

How old is your gf?

two are 19, one is 24 and one is 27

Enfield
May 30, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Wait, it's not even a signed guitar or anything? Just some random Fender Squire you decided to hang up? Lame as gently caress.

dont sign your posts pls

Nonviolent J
Jul 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless
Soiled Meat
i thpight yu were that other bee avatar closet juggalo

raton
Jul 28, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Dave Concepcion posted:

two are 19, one is 24 and one is 27

Hope you're 38+ old buddy

*clinks glass

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb

Luvcow posted:

i am cooking breakfast right now (hash browns, eggs and ham) so i guess thats kind of like a food guitar

SOLO!!!

*eats a package of oreos*

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I had a fender squire bullet back in the day that was rad as gently caress. Whachootalkinabout!?

Here is a bad pic of the guitar I hung on my wall perhaps in a midlife crisis moment:

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich

King of Bees posted:

Don't play as much I used to unfortunately :(

you dont play at all you foagie fuckface you can lie to yourself but not us

the fact youre even asking should be the answer in itself lol

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

maybe you're just a twat

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

floor stands are better for guitars OP, only guitar center hangs them up

edit: Gretsch are cool

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Mr. Unlucky posted:

you dont play at all you foagie fuckface you can lie to yourself but not us

the fact youre even asking should be the answer in itself lol

:negative:
gently caress. First Golden Corral now this. Guess i have to get a Porsche and start bangin 24 year olds while I can still get it up. Kids, don't get old. :corsair:

Nooner
Mar 26, 2011

AN A+ OPSTER (:
lol just .. just lol at anyone over 30

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

Nooner posted:

lol just .. just lol at anyone over 30

Kill them all. Start with me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

King of Bees posted:

I had a fender squire bullet back in the day that was rad as gently caress. Whachootalkinabout!?

Here is a bad pic of the guitar I hung on my wall perhaps in a midlife crisis moment:

I think the guitar would look cooler if you hung it horizontally, like a rifle or a katana blade.

• Locked thread