Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
gagelion2
Dec 8, 2015

by Shine

thoughts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

plain blue jacket
Jan 13, 2014

IT DOESN'T STOP
IT NEVER STOPS
I have a penis and honestly I quite enjoy it

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
I'm gonna need a little more context here. What's she upset about? That science hasn't made an improvement on PiV intercourse?

Gaunab
Feb 13, 2012
LUFTHANSA YOU FUCKING DICKWEASEL
this thread is your equivalent to that poem

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Science got some explainin' to do

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
Also I don't see why it's the scientific community's responsibility to find her a satisfactory boyfriend.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
It's finally happened. Academia and the Progressive-Left has become anti-intellectual.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams
I loving LOVE SCIENCE!

gagelion2
Dec 8, 2015

by Shine
Serious question, were people this delusional always around and we're just noticing it more or has something happened and we're all hosed?

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
She seems like a huge turbo bitch irl.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

gagelion2 posted:

Serious question, were people this delusional always around and we're just noticing it more or has something happened and we're all hosed?

I some ways life before the internet was glorious.

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Seems like she just needs a good dicking.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

gagelion2 posted:

They were this delusional always and probably worse. It's just that those people have always had the loudest voices and now they can shout loud enough for the whole world to hear every single time they can string 140 characters together.

Judakel
Jul 29, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!

8-Bit Scholar posted:

It's finally happened. Academia and the Progressive-Left has become anti-intellectual.

You sound like her

gagelion2
Dec 8, 2015

by Shine
She has one good point though, if health class involved showing me how to properly stimulate a clitoris I would have appreciated it

Tricky D
Apr 1, 2005

I love um!
I agree. For instance, look at this poo poo.

And the clitoris isn't hit once. gently caress!

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i'm gay cuck

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

She's pretty cute.

take my life... please!
May 31, 2006

We make everything you need and you need everything we make.
"I'm sick of the PATRIARCHY mandating all science, but I'm not going to contribute any effort towards my liberal-arts-centered-utopia."

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i am angry at this series of gifs

Hypha
Sep 13, 2008

:commissar:
She could write the grant and do it herself?

ClamdestineBoyster
Aug 15, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm a scientist. You haven't been loving right. :hydrogen:

8-Bit Scholar
Jan 23, 2016

by FactsAreUseless

Judakel posted:

You sound like her

Don't be afraid of big words my friend. We live in an age of pedagogical wonders, where all knowledge and all teachings can be recorded and stored infinitely, freely distributed to anyone with an internet connection, anywhere in the world, at any time. The joys of discovery are at your fingertips. A trip to Youtube or a visit to Wikipedia could provide you a lifetime's worth of education in a single afternoon.

Go out there and learn my boy. Bask in the warm embrace of wisdom.

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
To be fair science has yet to explain my penis. smdh.

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon
I got my PHD in loving and I confirm.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
You know I'm not sure if this woman understands that "science" isn't like, a coherent organization but actually just a method of examining the world.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Applewhite posted:

I'm gonna need a little more context here. What's she upset about? That science hasn't made an improvement on PiV intercourse?

science and women have been at odds for as long as both have existed

gagelion2
Dec 8, 2015

by Shine

Applewhite posted:

You know I'm not sure if this woman understands that "science" isn't like, a coherent organization but actually just a method of examining the world.

Surely you can't deny that there's a scientific establishment, though.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

Probably because science involves so much math and you know how women are with numbers :rolleyes:

Universe Master
Jun 20, 2005

Darn Fine Pie

She's going to turn out to be a LUG and she'll be married to some bearded douche and have 2.5 kids by the time she's 35.

Owlofcreamcheese
May 22, 2005
Probation
Can't post for 9 years!
Buglord
Here is some random women with no context in some gifs with some text written on this, please let me explain how this discredits all of feminism.

:posts some 'ironic' sexist jokes that are exactly what I actually think:

take my life... please!
May 31, 2006

We make everything you need and you need everything we make.

Jerry Mumphrey posted:

The age old question, which came first: Science or Womyn???

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

Applewhite posted:

Probably because science involves so much math and you know how women are with numbers :rolleyes:

the sharp ones like 5s and 7s poke their vaginas and make them irritable but give em a nice 8 and they're quiet for hours

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

gagelion2 posted:

Surely you can't deny that there's a scientific establishment, though.

I hear the phrase thrown around a lot so I guess it's real, but I think any of us would be hard pressed to define what the "scientific establishment" actually entails. There are so many diverse fields of study, each with their own communities, I doubt any single one of them can be definitively called "the scientific establishment."
The term is so nebulous that leveling accusations at it doesn't;t actually hold anyone accountable.

ManDingo
Jun 1, 2001
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BRQYievlR2c

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

Owlofcreamcheese posted:

Here is some random women with no context in some gifs with some text written on this, please let me explain how this discredits all of feminism.

:posts some 'ironic' sexist jokes that are exactly what I actually think:

I didn't know this thread was about all feminists I thought it was making fun of how this specific woman is obviously ignorant.

FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Applewhite posted:

Yikes, not so loud or you'll upset the scientists that work hard at writing papers that are judged by other scientists to get published in a journal of science that is then circulating among various science organizations.

Dogstoyevsky
Oct 9, 2012

If there is no Dog, everything is permitted
She vaguely has a point that science is dominated at the highest levels by white men, and this greatly influences what gets funded and the perspectives that get brought to bear on scientific questions, however, all her specific examples are dumb as poo poo. Nobody believes in Freud and Kinsey was doing sex research leading to conclusions that confirm her hyperbole as early as the 1930s.

Dogstoyevsky fucked around with this message at 17:52 on Feb 12, 2016

Acid Haze
Feb 16, 2009

:parrot:
Why don't you look at me anymore when we make love, Science!?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gagelion2
Dec 8, 2015

by Shine

Applewhite posted:

I hear the phrase thrown around a lot so I guess it's real, but I think any of us would be hard pressed to define what the "scientific establishment" actually entails. There are so many diverse fields of study, each with their own communities, I doubt any single one of them can be definitively called "the scientific establishment."
The term is so nebulous that leveling accusations at it doesn't;t actually hold anyone accountable.

It usually just makes me think of universities and R&D companies as a whole. I have to imagine there are some 'big players' with universal clout, and overlap between organizations.

• Locked thread