Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
You can suck deez nuts you millenial bitch boi. Uncle Sam don't care that you're triggered by having to repay because it reminds you of colonial expansion. You had no problem spends those loans now you crying over having to live up to your responsibility to pay them back. Aint no safe space in the real world. You can kiss your taxes and 15% of your Starbucks check goodbye you worthless deadbeat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

op brings up some good points

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Volume posted:

worthless deadbeat.

Please don't sign your posts. But thanks, you have helped me eliminate my student debts.

somethingawful bf
Jun 17, 2005
Hell yeah, gently caress the police!

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
they only make you pay it back when your done, so my plan is to continue getting a string of different PhDs until i die

dreezy
Mar 4, 2015

yeah, rip.
i payed off my loans in full last year and got a big tax rebate so it is you who can suck my hole.

huskarl_marx
Oct 13, 2013

by zen death robot
kill you are self

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

dreezy posted:

i payed off my loans in full last year and got a big tax rebate so it is you who can suck my hole.

Then obviously this don't apply to you since you aren't looking to discharge them. Good for you on being a responsible adult who keeps their word

Toadvine
Mar 16, 2009
Please disregard my advice w/r/t history.
I'm working for a non profit

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

The easiest way to get your loans discharged is to die. Or you could get yourself permanently crippled.

neato burrito
Aug 25, 2002

bitch better have my chex mix

I didn't go to college yet still maintain a better life that at least 90% of goons.

Fuckin suckers.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

neato burrito posted:

I didn't go to college yet still maintain a better life that at least 90% of goons.

Fuckin suckers.

How much do you get paid to gently caress suckers?

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

i didn't take out any loans because my rich grandpa paid for college and a car lmao ... win!

kazr
Jan 28, 2005

no student loans, no debt, a big dick, and the ability to poo poo post all day errr day. good life

Ambrose Burnside
Aug 30, 2007

pensive
get a masters and teaching credentials and then gently caress off to china to make huge stacks teaching richlord kids while laughing @ ur stateside debt, ftw, from what i hear

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

Ambrose Burnside posted:

get a masters and teaching credentials and then gently caress off to china to make huge stacks teaching richlord kids while laughing @ ur stateside debt, ftw, from what i hear

plus you get to live in china!

welcome 2 Clown Town
Aug 1, 2006

GALAXY'S #2 SCULL*!

*scrunt skull

dad gay. so what posted:

dunk a dill pickle, reard-o

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
But have you considered that it's just not fair?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
No student loans here thanks to fortune of birth. Parent's money took care of that and probably a whole bunch of other things that make my life easier without any basis whatsoever on my personal merit.

God bless America lol gently caress you poors.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Chomp8645 posted:

No student loans here thanks to fortune of birth. Parent's money took care of that and probably a whole bunch of other things that make my life easier without any basis whatsoever on my personal merit.

God bless America lol gently caress you poors.

3O, you're using your parachute account again.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax
God bless millennials. I had an applicant yesterday with a wonderful pseudo-intellectual degree complaining about their college debt during the interview. Sorry but your social media science major isn't a thing and your school isn't accredited and you're a complete phony. So on those grounds, they could probably get their debt discharged, because it did gently caress all land a job. Being liberal didn't help, regardless I don't need a degreed facebook-poster major trying to manage projects.

So yeah, one could probably get the for-profit school debt discharged since the rag ain't worth poo poo.

TEAH SYAG fucked around with this message at 22:11 on Feb 12, 2016

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

How much do you get paid to gently caress suckers?

I hear banking, specifically, student loans, pays well

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

A Lannister always pays his debts

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
wtf how dumb do u have to be? like just ask ur parents to pay it back lmao god drat

Ride The Gravitron
May 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

TEAH SYAG posted:

God bless millennials. I had an applicant yesterday with a wonderful pseudo-intellectual degree complaining about their college debt during the interview. Sorry but your social media science major isn't a thing and your school isn't accredited and you're a complete phony. So on those grounds, they could probably get their debt discharged, because it did gently caress all land a job. Being liberal didn't help, regardless I don't need a degreed facebook-poster major trying to manage projects.

So yeah, one could probably get the for-profit school debt discharged since the rag ain't worth poo poo.
part of the agreement you sign states that it's your responsibility to ensure you pick a good school so no he's stuck with his debt because he was too stupid to vet the school lmao

embykins
Jul 4, 2009
op sounds like a tool

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
For the most part if you can't get financial aid for whatever education you're trying to get you probably are not talented enough to make a loan worthwhile. The only exception is if you happen to pick a major that is going to be in high demand when you graduate, which no matter what anyone says is kind of a coin flip even for relatively safe bets in stem fields.

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

ArbitraryC posted:

For the most part if you can't get financial aid for whatever education you're trying to get you probably are not talented enough to make a loan worthwhile. The only exception is if you happen to pick a major that is going to be in high demand when you graduate, which no matter what anyone says is kind of a coin flip even for relatively safe bets in stem fields.

this is double true for grad school, if you have to pay don't do it.

take my life... please!
May 31, 2006

We make everything you need and you need everything we make.

Volume posted:

good advice

i went to vo-tec while working at seafood restaurant and im now a marine biologist with advanced knowledge of shrimps. suck it.

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

It's called deferment!

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

They say, "Pay us," and you say, "I beg to...differ...ment."
Then you move to another state and change your name a few times. Cheaper in the long run.

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Volume posted:

You can kiss your taxes and 15% of your Starbucks check goodbye you worthless deadbeat.

Ehh, maybe annually depriving students of "15% of their Starbucks check" right after they graduate college and before they join the economy isn't such a good idea though? Generally you want your country's population to be able to afford expenses and maintain a savings.

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i think people who take out loans should repay the loan afterwards

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

Parallax Scroll posted:

I bet you also think you should pay more than the minimum on your credit card statement. Get a load of this guy!

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot
no one wants to suck your smelly deodorant encrusted nuts

literally this big
Jan 10, 2007

Here comes
the Squirtle Squad!

Parallax Scroll posted:

i think that financial institutions should not create bubbles.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

literally this big posted:

Ehh, maybe annually depriving students of "15% of their Starbucks check" right after they graduate college and before they join the economy isn't such a good idea though? Generally you want your country's population to be able to afford expenses and maintain a savings.

on the other hand it seems fine

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
I've never taken a loan or accepted things only because they are at the time free. I try to avoid jewy habits.

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum

Volume posted:

You can suck deez nuts you millenial bitch boi. Uncle Sam don't care that you're triggered by having to repay because it reminds you of colonial expansion. You had no problem spends those loans now you crying over having to live up to your responsibility to pay them back. Aint no safe space in the real world. You can kiss your taxes and 15% of your Starbucks check goodbye you worthless deadbeat.

:agreed:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FishionMailed
Feb 2, 2014

by zen death robot

Parallax Scroll posted:

idk there's such a thing as predatory lending though

• Locked thread