Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thin Privilege
Jul 8, 2009
IM A STUPID MORON WITH AN UGLY FACE AND A BIG BUTT AND MY BUTT SMELLS AND I LIKE TO KISS MY OWN BUTT
Gravy Boat 2k
Lol retire
They're not going to be able to retire due to crippling debt.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

AEMINAL posted:

I'm technically a millennial and I will probably jack in and jack off to hot virtual babes, if my arthritis doesn't act up too bad.

I'll also probably tell kids how much better things were back when hardware was large enough to be assembled by hand and how loving illin my custom built PC was

Oh and I'll listen to the old rear end mixtapes I made and get teary eyed in front of my grandkids going on about bloghouse.. "the year 2007 was the poo poo", ill say, while reminiscing about loving inside porta potties on molly at outdoor music festivals

Also I'll be real critical of the new Ultra Drugs popping up and going on about how our research chemicals from china were purer and more fun

"Back in my day we could buy 3 grams of butyr-fentanyl for only 1,2 bitcoin.. those were the days..."

:q:

Getting old is gonna rule

we will die horribly, op

Blazing Ownager
Jun 2, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Thin Privilege posted:

Lol retire
They're not going to be able to retire due to crippling debt.

When they can no longer work they can report for retirement

SOYLENT GREEN IS MADE OF PEOPLE

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Gonna paint Warhammer figurines in my basement lounge/dungeon built expressly for that purpose.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

I give your invention the worst grade imaginable: An A-minus-minus!

Total Clam
Being a boomer, I will likely be dead in 50 years. If not, I will be so old that they will interview me on "Good Morning, America", or the OASIS equivalent, and my 15 minutes of fame will be over.

(Theoretically, I will be retiring in 12 or 13 years. By that time I'll have almost 40 years in my career.)

I.C.
Jun 10, 2008

genesplicer posted:

Being a boomer, I will likely be dead in 50 years. If not, I will be so old that they will interview me on "Good Morning, America", or the OASIS equivalent, and my 15 minutes of fame will be over.

What's your favorite movie, Genesplicer? Inquiring minds want to know.

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

I.C. posted:

What's your favorite movie, Genesplicer? Inquiring minds want to know.

I don't really have a favorite. It keeps changing. At this moment I'm watching "Big Trouble in Little China" which may give you an insight into my personality.

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost

genesplicer posted:

(Theoretically, I will be retiring in 12 or 13 years. By that time I'll have almost 40 years in my career.)

ha ha. you think your either a boomer or you will live for 50 years

Mumpy Puffinz
Aug 11, 2008
Nap Ghost
when where you born genesplicer?

a shiny rock
Nov 13, 2009

i dont think millennials do any work, theres nothing to retire from

let it mellow
Jun 1, 2000

Dinosaur Gum
I should be retiring in 10 years which will make me 50 then, maybe sooner though

but then I am counting on millennials to keep my investments alive

gently caress

Jonny Nox
Apr 26, 2008

No millenials will retire. The last boomer president will purge the world in nuclear fire since no generation will achieve what they have.

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

your mom, obviously

ScRoTo TuRbOtUrD
Jan 21, 2007

genesplicer posted:

what was it like moderating usenet grampa

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

are we gonna be a bunch of 80 year olds having lovely arguments about video games?

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Fonzarelli posted:

are we gonna be a bunch of 80 year olds having lovely arguments about video games?

Being an old millennial will be just like being a conventional old person today except replace bingo with speed runs.

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:

Waffle! posted:

Welcome to Costco. I love you.

Thank you for loving Pupkin.

Jst0rm
Sep 16, 2012
Grimey Drawer
Netflix and chill the whole old home. poo poo gone git freak

a peck of pickled peckers
Aug 3, 2014

I am your Redeemer! It is by my hand that you arise from the ashes of this world!

Retire? In our God-King Trump's Imperium Americana, retirement will be cast off as a diseased hindrance of industrial self-production. I will die at my post, serving the One True Ruler. Hopefully I will eventually fall during the Tumblr Rebellion, or during the tumultuous Liberal Spring.

its all nice on rice
Nov 12, 2006

Sweet, Salty Goodness.

Buglord
I'll probably hover around in my hover chair.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Things are either gonna be good enough in fifty years that you can do whatever you want or bad enough that you will have likely been consumed by rapist cannibals. That is a very sincere delineation of the paths ahead.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Retire from what. Blogging? Taking pictures of their lunch?

Lamebot
Sep 8, 2005

ロボ顔菌~♡
After Bernie is done DESTROYING America i will retire to the recycling vats at the oldest legal age of 50.

Lamebot fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Feb 13, 2016

Colonel Cancer
Sep 26, 2015

Tune into the fireplace channel, you absolute buffoon

Lamebot posted:

After Bernie is done DESTROYING America i will retire to the recycling vats at the oldest legal age of 50.

Hey at least you won't have to babysit your spawn thanks to the 'Creche.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

lol if you think anyone in our generation will ever be able to retire.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

i have been alienating others my whole life, i plan to do so more deliberately in old age. i will take up reptile care and other uncommon hobbies that put off most people. i hope to live on a road kids walk home down after school, and sit on my porch shirtless with an enormous snake draped over my shoulders.

Escape_GOAT
May 20, 2004

How does one retire without ever having a job?

ghlbtsk
Apr 19, 2005

these bath mats
are
GORGEOUS
Good luck working at the artisanal moustache wax shoppe until you're 120!

FalloutGod
Dec 14, 2006
Gunna play star citizen in my VR space ship. Pew Pew. gently caress the kids coming to see you twice a year let em stay at home. I got a bogies to shoot.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012
Retirement is for loving quitters ill die at my keyboard

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

Genesplicer will 100% outlive me. I just turned 27

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
yolo65

or yolo55

Whatever the freedom55 slogan is thats my joke

bring back old gbs fucked around with this message at 11:28 on Feb 13, 2016

Genesplicer
Oct 19, 2002

Total Clam

ScrotoTurboSperg posted:

what was it like moderating usenet grampa

I didn't moderate usenet. However, I was the games moderator on a BBS, in the early 1980s. I ran a weekly movie trivia contest. This was before IMDB and movies on demand. At the time I ran the contest, there were very few movie sources. HBO was around, and Leonard Maltin had books listing movies, but my trivia questions were not the things you could find the answers to unless you actually saw the movie. It was great fun.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
They'll just die. Same as everyone else

Edgar
Sep 9, 2005

Oh my heck!
Oh heavens!
Oh my lord!
OH Sweet meats!
Wedge Regret
My kids will set me adrift on a piece of garbage towards garbage island.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

I think Genesplicer just referenced Ready Player One, which is garbage. It makes me sad that he might have bad taste in books.

Millenials won't be able to retire in 50 years because they spent all the money they should have been saving on stupid tattoos, and other trivial bullshit.

Casimir Radon fucked around with this message at 11:26 on Feb 15, 2016

The Insect Court
Nov 22, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Be instantly fed into the biomass disassembler and sluice into the protein reprocessing vats.

thathonkey
Jul 17, 2012

Casimir Radon posted:

I think Genesplicer just referenced Ready Player One, which is garbage. It makes me sad that he might have bad taste in books.

Millenials won't be able to retire in 50 years because they spent all the money they should have been saving on stupid tattoos, and other trivial bullshit.

i spent mine on drugs are you calling drugs trivial bullshit? the things that made all creative works, modern medicine, war etc possible? that to you is "bullshit"

ok.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Millenials will work until they die, retirement will be reserved for the wealthy.

• Locked thread