Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
The only song worth hearing is In Your Eyes by Peter Gabriel, the only way to hear it is on a pair of quality speakers that are being held aloft by John Cussack in your backyard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dial-a-Dog
May 22, 2001

jackyl posted:

u make fun of this but you are listening to the station

they said my name one time and haven't given me instructions to stop listening yet

Speleothing
May 6, 2008

Spare batteries are pretty key.
Mostly just to prove that they can

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
the same reason people put currency in juke boxes for songs you daft oval office

Fiend
Dec 2, 2001
When was the last time you hopped in your old times stage coach, pulled up to the general store, and ordered a single box of juke?

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating

Fiend posted:

When was the last time you hopped in your old times stage coach, pulled up to the general store, and ordered a single box of juke?

HOLY FUK THET REG DTE

Ghost Head
Sep 16, 2008
when i was a kid i called up and requested a song and they let me announce it just before it came on. I still have "radio DJ" on my resume

Thots and Prayers
Jul 13, 2006

A is the for the atrocious abominated acts that YOu committed. A is also for ass-i-nine, eight, seven, and six.

B, b, b - b is for your belligerent, bitchy, bottomless state of affairs, but why?

C is for the cantankerous condition of our character, you have no cut-out.
Grimey Drawer
I'm sorry that no one's ever dedicated a song to you, OP.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry
Radio is boring with all the FCC regulations that makes almost every single thing said a wink-wink, nudge-nudge kind of joke for morning talk shows.

Just call that human being a oval office already, god drat it.

Nolgthorn
Jan 30, 2001

The pendulum of the mind alternates between sense and nonsense
To hear myself talk on the radio.

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
I got yelled at by a DJ when i was 10 because I wouldnt quit calling into t-95 and requesting Aerosmith - Angel pretending to be different people as only a 10 year old can

I think most of the time people do it because theyre trying to hit on someone or remember a passed loved one on day of death/birth

Robo Reagan
Feb 12, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Waltzing Along posted:

They don't. You are going senile. Kill yourself. Please.

I'm serious. Kill yourself, Three Olives. We all hate you and want you to die.

You hate yourself, too. Just end it.

Thanks.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

i like to phone in and request AC/Cheesy - Highway to Havarti the host always laughs :)

or Ched Zeppelin - Emmental Song

etc etc etc hahaha

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Three Olives posted:

What is this the loving 80s? You have a cellphone, if you want to hear a song so badly pull it up on your phone and you will actually get to listen to it.

But you get to dedicate it to some other lonely rapist out there listening to the same station. Like sleepless in seattle except I haven't seen that and I'm making assumptions

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

Obama's last executive decision is going to be putting Three Olives on the CIA's kill list and will make history as the first publicly announced authorized domestic assassination care of predator drone.

zooted heh
Oct 16, 2005

str8 mercin burgers my nigga

Ahh yeah again and again

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Both of the stations that come in at work are Clear Channel-owned robot stations but not even the good ones that let you text requests or whatever, it just plays 3 or 4 songs and then 5 minutes of commercials over and over and has a song list of maybe 30 songs. Good stuff

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
You guys want to hear Maroon 5 - Animals again? That sounded like a yes to me!

Testikles
Feb 22, 2009
My car is too old to have a outlet for my ipod but too new to have a cassette player where I could jerry rig something. The car speakers are better than my phone.

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

mark my words all request radio and fax machines are going to be BIG in 2016

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
lol if you still listen to the radio in TYOOL 2004

old-timey newspaper gal
Feb 23, 2005

Testikles posted:

My car is too old to have a outlet for my ipod but too new to have a cassette player where I could jerry rig something. The car speakers are better than my phone.

You can get one of those FM transmitter things and plug in your phone with aux that way like people used to do 10 years ago you idiot.

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Big City Drinkin posted:

Radio stations determine in advance what songs they're going to play. Hotline Bling included. Then when Joe calls and asks if they'll play Hotline Bling, they're like Sure! They record the conversation and play it right before when they had already decided to play Hotline Bling.

I once called in a song to my local non-profit station (an affiliate of the university, paid for by donations, no ads, music constantly from all sorts of genres, DJs that aren't terribly obnoxious) and they played it for me, and it was a song that most people give me blank looks to when I mention it's one of my favorites. And I called it in because I wanted to share a song I liked with the other listeners of the station, and maybe someone out there discovered a new band they like because of it. :unsmith:

Idiot Kicker
Jun 13, 2007
I called a radio station when I was 13 to request Robbie Williams - Millennium so... that's out on the table now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homo Simpson
Oct 21, 2014

by Smythe
Lipstick Apathy
Because they want to rick roll everyone tuned in to that station

• Locked thread