Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

So important thing about ROOT. Danzo chose the name himself and his entire thing was he felt Sarutobi would be too kind-hearted to do the real dirty work of being leader. Sarutobi found out about it eventually and told him to shut it down and he instead took it further underground, originally ROOT was just a subset of ANBU I think. But an important thing is that Danzo actually fully believes what he's doing will protect and improve the Leaf Village, after all a tree cannot stand without it's ROOTs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fillertrack
Aug 5, 2015
Oh boy gettin the gang back together for some ninja boy. Super excited to see this after how great UNS2 was. My only experience with the Shippuden series is cuz of these games. Now that Tsunade is in a coma and a new hokage is in that brings it up to 4 hokages in Narutos lifetime. I don't think Dangos got long before he eats some bad fish, gets a stomach ache, and they have to pick a new one.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Better bring your Ay game Bee-cause it's time for some ninja Cee-SPAN! Naruto is off to the Five Kage Summit to try and dissuade the Raikage from calling for the death of Sasuke Uchiha! Meanwhile, Sasuke plans to infiltrate the summit and kill the leaders while they're all collected in one place. Will he interrupt the proceedings? What will the Ninja United Nations decide when they're together? Find out today!

Characters Introduced This Episode

Sasuke Uchiha
A former member of the Hidden Leaf Village’s Ninja Team 7 and the current leader of the Taka. Having killed his brother before learning that actually his brother was manipulated by elders and definitely NOT a villain I swear, he is now on a mission to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village, and has an uneasy alliance with Madara Uchiha.

Suigetsu Hozuki
An ex-prisoner of Orochimaru and the first member of Sasuke’s new team. He’s a real thirsty boy and must be constantly hydrated. Suigetsu has kinda ignored his goal of collecting all of his village’s unique swords to follow Sasuke along on his mission to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village.

Karin
An ex-jailer for Orochimaru and the second member of Sasuke’s new team. She’s the Sakura of Sasuke’s team but without the possibility of ever being in combat. Also she has two personalities that she constantly switches between: tsundere and violent. What a charmer.

Jugo
An ex-prisoner of Orochimaru and the final member of Sasuke’s new team. He’s kinda like the Hulk in that he’s a kind soul until he unleashes his hyper-violent side. He really ought to put on some clothes, it can’t be comfortable to walk around everywhere without shoes. Though he doesn’t seem to mind much. Must be his nature magic.

Zetsu
????????????????????????????????????????????

Ay
The Fourth Raikage and the fourth Raikage to be named Ay. He’s very distant and cold towards others, and gets angry very easily. He’s very protective of his people, in particular his brother, Bee. He is very steadfast in his beliefs and is generally unwilling to compromise with others, believing that respect and strength are everything to a ninja. His attendants are Cee and Darui.

Mei Terumi
The Fifth Mizukage. She is very cheerful and open-minded, and works hard to remain peaceful and avoid conflict. Most of her work as Mizukage has been to reform the Hidden Mist Village, which had gained a notorious reputation for brutality and evil. Her attendants are Ao and Chojuro.

Ohnoki
The Third Tsuchikage and one of the oldest characters in Naruto, at a staggering 79. He’s a stubborn old man who refuses to quit his job and is very full of himself. Due to his deteriorating physical ability, he tends to fly from place to place rather than walk. His attendants are Akatsuchi and Kurotsuchi.
Also he’s voiced by Steve Blum.

Gaara
The fifth Kazekage and former vessel for the One-Tailed Shukaku. Without his Tailed Beast, Gaara has been able to spend more time not avoiding death or the Akatsuki and being a good Kazekage. Although young, his odd upbringing and adolescence helps bring a new perspective to ninja politics that everyone else wants to ignore. His attendants are Temari and Kankuro.

Mifune
The samurai leader of the Land of Iron. He is calm and disciplined, and acts as a mediator for the five Kages. As his village has kept to themselves, they have no affiliation with any of the ninja villages.

Terms Introduced This Episode

Raikage
The leader of the Hidden Cloud Village. There have been four Raikages in the history of the Hidden Leaf Village, all named Ay with a brother named Bee.

Mizukage
The leader of the Hidden Mist Village. There have been five Mizukages in the history of the Hidden Leaf Village, with Mei Terumi acting as the fifth and current Mizuakge. The fourth Mizukage was the jinchuriki of the Three-Tailed Beast, Yagura.

Tsuchikage
The leader of the Hidden Stone Village. There have been three Tsuchikages in the history of the Hidden Leaf Village, with Ohnoki acting as the fifth and current Tsuchikage.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Ay lmao

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Killer Darui.

God, just call him Dee and let people make the joek

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I've already lost track of this story. Oh well. I did like that bit in this episode where the bodyguards all appeared out of nowhere all like, "Hey, what's up. We were here the whole time." That was cute.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The Village Hidden in the Clouds, aka the only place where you can find black people in Naruto World.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I mean, that's one more place than the real Japan, right?

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

I've already lost track of this story. Oh well. I did like that bit in this episode where the bodyguards all appeared out of nowhere all like, "Hey, what's up. We were here the whole time." That was cute.

Feel free to ask questions if you actually want some idea of what's going on! Things start out REALLY disjointed in this game but start to come together after this chapter and a bit of the next one, so if you need help, now's the best time to ask.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I'm pretty sure the Samurai can actually use Chakra, they just don't do Jutsu with it. Instead they channel it into their swords so as to increase the effective range or modify the shape of their weapon. The reason they mediate is because they're neutral to the Ninja and the Land of Iron is actually quite protected due to it's location. Also I think Mifune is meant to be as strong as most of the Kage, he's really capable actually.

I personally think the story of Shippunden took a jump off a cliff over a shark and into an inescapable hole of stupid but the political stuff between the villages is not that awful. For example Ai is either the Raikage who ordered the kidnapping of Hinata or the son of said Raikage, meanwhile Onoki is the only Kage here to have ruled in the Third Ninja war which is why he's so sour, he remembers how bad the fighting got and has issues with Konoha because they did a number on his forces. Thankfully the dumbest part of the plot isn't in this game from memory so we don't have to deal with the bullshit that is the ending.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ChorpSaway posted:

Feel free to ask questions if you actually want some idea of what's going on! Things start out REALLY disjointed in this game but start to come together after this chapter and a bit of the next one, so if you need help, now's the best time to ask.
Okay, well this is the story so far as I understand it:

At some point Sasuke attacked the Cloud Village and killed Killer Bee. Did we see that and I've forgotten, or did it happen offscreen? Anyway, the Raikage is pissed off about it and calls the other Kage together for a meeting in Ninja Geneva. Naruto gets wind of this and intercepts the Raikage on the way to the meeting to try to talk him down so he doesn't have Naruto's best friend(???) killed, but the Raikage isn't having any of Naruto's crap and goes on his way.

Separately, Tsunade is in a coma. Did we see that happen, or did that happen offscreen? In her absence, Danzo, who we know nothing about, has gone to the meeting in her place, and he seems very shady but hasn't actually done anything yet.

Separately, Madara knows about the Five Kage Summit and has sent Sasuke and friends to ice them all, while Madara himself has gone to tell Naruto, who is still hanging out in the wilderness of Ninja Switzerland, about some backstory stuff that seems like it could have waited until there's less going on.

Meanwhile, the Five Kage Summit has started. Rather than actually discussing the problem and coming up with a plan to solve it, the Raikage is mainly interested in talking poo poo about the other Kage, including the one called "Bright Shinypretty", who you have to figure is probably on the level. Eventually Zetsu shows up and lures the Raikage out of the room, and the other four don't really give a poo poo and go back to bickering amongst themselves. And that's where we are now. Is that about right?

NormanRaptor
Dec 27, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

At some point Sasuke attacked the Cloud Village and killed Killer Bee. Did we see that and I've forgotten, or did it happen offscreen? Anyway, the Raikage is pissed off about it and calls the other Kage together for a meeting in Ninja Geneva. Naruto gets wind of this and intercepts the Raikage on the way to the meeting to try to talk him down so he doesn't have Naruto's best friend(???) killed, but the Raikage isn't having any of Naruto's crap and goes on his way.

Separately, Tsunade is in a coma. Did we see that happen, or did that happen offscreen? In her absence, Danzo, who we know nothing about, has gone to the meeting in her place, and he seems very shady but hasn't actually done anything yet.

Separately, Madara knows about the Five Kage Summit and has sent Sasuke and friends to ice them all, while Madara himself has gone to tell Naruto, who is still hanging out in the wilderness of Ninja Switzerland, about some backstory stuff that seems like it could have waited until there's less going on.

Meanwhile, the Five Kage Summit has started. Rather than actually discussing the problem and coming up with a plan to solve it, the Raikage is mainly interested in talking poo poo about the other Kage, including the one called "Bright Shinypretty", who you have to figure is probably on the level. Eventually Zetsu shows up and lures the Raikage out of the room, and the other four don't really give a poo poo and go back to bickering amongst themselves. And that's where we are now. Is that about right?

Okay lemme try and remember the Deep Naruto Lore™ here and answer some of those questions.

Sasuke and his goobers joined up with the guys who want the guys who have the Tailed Beasts in 'em, of which Killer Bee is one of, he is also not dead and as I recall kind of kicked the holy poo poo out of Sasuke and Co. and then hosed off somewhere because he was sick of being forced to stick around with the Cloud guys and wanted to go see the world.

He's also a rapper.

Tsunade I think is out because of over-exertion during that whole Leaf Village getting beasted on by the leader(?) of Akatsuki, the same dudes Sasuke is now with.

We know a little about Danzo, in that he's kind of a fuckhead and is probably not going to be happy friends with those other guys, he did some weird emotion-removal stuff child soldier poo poo with his super black-ops guys.

And yeah other then that that's pretty much it.

I remember too much of this stuff, but this is basically the point where my knowledge drops off completely.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

ALRIGHT LET'S DO THIS

Sasuke attacked Killer Bee while Killer Bee was outside of the Hidden Cloud Village. This appeared as bonus content in UNS2. However, he escaped and is now out there somewhere, but no one knows where and he hasn't called home yet so the Raikage presumes that he is dead. The rest of what you have there is correct.

Tsunade is in a coma due to using up so much chakra during a fight with one of the Pain guys. This could've been interpreted as her dying since everyone else died during that segment but it was different so she's in a coma and hasn't recovered. The rest of what you have there is correct.

The third paragraph is correct enough.

The fourth paragraph, again, is correct enough. Also of note is that Danzo clearly is a bad person because of his manipulation of the proceedings and Gaara is the smart one that no one listens to because he's young.

Again, this first chapter has A LOT going on that technically all ties together but the switching between scenes can make it hard to follow. Things will calm down soon enough.

e:fb in my own thread

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

the plot so far is that this tiny man trained for 12 years to be able to become a world leader

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
k, got it.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

Hold me closer tiny Danzo

I'm slowly working my way trough the previous LP I somehow missed, this one seems better so far probably because nothing really happens in the start of that other game.

MuffinsAndPie
May 20, 2015

I gotta say, I appreciate your description of Suigetsu there

Ometeotl
Feb 13, 2012

It's MISSEL! Or SISSLE!
I confused myself...

Demicol posted:

Hold me closer tiny Danzo

I'm slowly working my way trough the previous LP I somehow missed, this one seems better so far probably because nothing really happens in the start of that other game.

Boy, do I have some baaaad news for you.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Zetsu seems like the author saw the Joker in a Batman movie/cartoon/comic and thought "y'know, I like this guy's flair for the dramatic, but he really lacks the loving creep factor I'm looking for... Oh I know, I'll make him able to warp through floors and have him look like a totally naked burn victim, that'll work."

(No but FF's analysis of Zetsu as a guy who would whip his dick out in public is definitely the joke from the last update that made me laugh hardest)

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zetsu is Jared Leto on the set of Suicide Squad.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER
I can't help but think that doing Naruto's voice really hurts Maile Flanagan's throat.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Can you just append something to TobiMadara's bio:
Just that he was the coolest guy.

shwa
Feb 19, 2016

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls
I'm honestly a little disappointed in myself that I keep noticing just about everything that they change from the anime in this series. Also its so weird hearing Danzo's group being called the "Root" because it was called "The Foundation" in the sub I watched.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

They have the same meaning sort of. Danzo named them Root because he felt he and his hidden group of Ninja would be the foundational roots from which the great Tree of Konoha, led by Hiruzen Sarutobi, would draw strength. They would be the unseen shadows that held the entire village up so that it would remain strong forever.

Danzo is, at his core, deeply caring about his village to the point of absurdity. The reason he tries to be leader of the Ninja Alliance is so that he can ensure the other Villages are most damaged by the upcoming fight so that afterwards Konoha would not be in a position of weakness.

shwa
Feb 19, 2016

yeah I'm a game yeah I play girls
Thats a good point. At the same time though, there's got to be a moment where you just look at all the poo poo you've done and be like "Wow Im really evil lol"

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I just wanted to mention that I admire everyone's restraint to not burst out giggling every time the man named "Danzo" was mentioned in this episode.

I don't have that kind of composure.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

LordHippoman posted:

I just wanted to mention that I admire everyone's restraint to not burst out giggling every time the man named "Danzo" was mentioned in this episode.

I don't have that kind of composure.

Look that got one-upped by the sudden recognition of his nickname THE NINJA OF DARKNESS which is disturbingly similar to a Yahoo email account I had when I was like 13 and had just discovered Naruto.

Rye Pie
Oct 1, 2013
So yo, I bought this game for like four bucks because I loved the last LP and these games looked kinda fun to play. That said, this game sealed the deal for me on why Naruto is the biggest piece of garbage ever produced by human hands. I wholeheartedly can't wait for Future Friend's reaction to having his soul sucked out in what seems like the most interminable cutscene in the world.

Thanks for this LP Chorps, shine on you crazy ninja diamond.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
what's so funny about "Danzo"?

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

it sounds like the name of a italian pizza chef

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, Sasuke busts into the Ninja UN to kill Danzo Trump before the next election, and maybe some other people too while he's at it! Unfortunately for him, those other people are also looking to kill him. Can Sasuke face some of the strongest ninja in the world and survive? Or is he about to go up in flames? Find out today on the finale of Chapter 1!

Terms Introduced This Episode

Ten-Tails
The amalgamation of all the Tailed Beasts. It is believed that once the Akatsuki has control over all of the Tailed Beasts, Madara will be able to harness their powers together to become the jinchuriki of the Ten Tails and gain ultimate power.

Project Tsuki-no-Me
Also known as "Eye of the Moon Plan". Once Madara gains the powers of all the Tailed Beasts, he plans to reflect a powerful genjutsu off of the Moon in order to enslave the entire planet under his rule, ending all war and conflict.

ChorpSaway fucked around with this message at 01:30 on Mar 6, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

All these god drat ninjas I can't keep track of.

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

:laffo: at literally everything Sasuke says. It's really sad how he's completely serious when he says poo poo like "my hatred, my rage, my despair... they surpass yours!". Of course, Naruto is equally crazy, just in the opposite direction.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Mar 6, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

I was going to say I would cheer the tiny old man for disassembling sasuke on the molecular level but that's false hope for a main character dying. And lo and loving behold, pumpkin mask Madara Uchifuck shimmers from out of loving nowhere with Sasuke on his shoulder slightly scuffed. I wish this Madara guy would show up to whisk Sasuke away and remove him from the story more often. He is pretty :coal: in my book.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

So I mentioned earlier that the Samurai actually have Chakra, the laser swords and axes are them channelling chakra into their normal weapons to create chakra blades in whatever shape they want. What they don't do is ninjutsu, so they can't breathe fire or create a Rasengan/Chidori but they can control chakra and do all the superhuman physical feats of ninja. I think Asuma from the last game does a similar thing with his weapons actually.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sasuke's Stand is named Fighting Dreamers.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Sasuke's Stand is named Fighting Dreamers.

I would've thought it was LIFE IS PAIN!

Fabulousvillain
May 2, 2015
Was Sasuke just trying to justify his war crimes to Gaara by saying that his backstory is the sappiest or did I just miss something?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

The rest of the world just doesn't understand the pain that I've gone through, the pain that is the worst ever in the entire history of this universe of magic assassin villages built on tragedies, and this justifies literally every action I'll ever take.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

The 10-tailed beast should really have 45 tails.

• Locked thread