Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

sirtommygunn posted:

The rest of the world just doesn't understand the pain that I've gone through, the pain that is the worst ever in the entire history of this universe of magic assassin villages built on tragedies, and this justifies literally every action I'll ever take.

This is actually the same justification I used to get FutureFriend to join me for a second Naruto LP.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The minute Sasuke said "Let me show you my darkness" with no irony at all, I did an actual spittake.

Then him Spider-Man-ing out on the ceiling... I can't decide if I hate this show or actually love it, holy poo poo.

the_sea_hag
Oct 9, 2012
LOAF FANCIER
Please, Mizukage, Sasuke's 15/16.

SpookBus
Aug 22, 2015
I love how a room full of some of the best fighters the ninjas have access to, they don't try to jump the guy who's currently threatening to kill them all, so that he can exposit.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

SpookBus posted:

I love how a room full of some of the best fighters the ninjas have access to, they don't try to jump the guy who's currently threatening to kill them all, so that he can exposit.

Sasuke gets away with so much poo poo its unbelievable.
All because Ninja Jesus thinks hes best buds with him.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

sasuke is the kinda guy who in college shits on the floor but gets away with it because his parents donated an entire wing

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Sasuke gets away with so much poo poo its unbelievable.
All because Ninja Jesus thinks hes best buds with him.

I think he was talking about their chat with Madara, they at least attempted to kill Sasuke.

LeafyOrb
Jun 11, 2012

Okay so I have seen 3 different Naruto game LPs at this point and there is something I'm kinda frustrated with, do they ever loving explain why Sasuke is an angsty butthole. Like they almost explained it last episode but skipped past the part where they actually do.

It seems like a major thing that characters reference constantly but never actually explain. I just know something happened with his brother and he's really upset about it for some reason.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Sasuke's brother killed his entire family except him for seemingly no reason, so for the first half up to about a quarter or so through Shippuden, it was a revenge thing against his brother. Then his brother revealed that he did it under orders of the village and that pissed Sasuke off even more so it's still a revenge thing, but just now against the village.

dotchan
Feb 28, 2008

I wanna get a Super Saiyan Mohawk when I grow up! :swoon:

LeafyOrb posted:

It seems like a major thing that characters reference constantly but never actually explain. I just know something happened with his brother and he's really upset about it for some reason.

Sasuke, like the large majority of children in Naruto's generation, is a war orphan. He doesn't even have a unique backstory in how he became an orphan--his family had the mis-fortune of being related to the most evil douchebag in Not-Japan (creepy mask guy) and was marked for death. To spare Sasuke from genocide signed off on by his own ninja village, his brother agreed to kill everybody last-named Uchiha except for him and didn't tell Sasuke about how any of this. Sasuke grew up obsessed with the idea of revenge on his brother, so naturally jumped at the opportunity to kill said brother when he got the chance. Then he found out about the death warrant on his family, flipped out, and decided to become a part of Operation gently caress the World.

tl;dr Sasuke is the kind of character who, in the hands of a competent writer, would be a tragic villain, but any sympathy for him is ruined by his constant wallowing in self-pity, especially considering how much poo poo the rest of the world has already gone through.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

To be fair the reason the massacre was ordered is because Sasuke's father, Fugaku Uchiha, was planning on having the Uchiha overthrow the Hokage and instate himself in place as he feels that the Uchiha were being ignored and unappreciated. Sarutobi was trying to talk to him but before an acceptable agreement could be found Danzo ordered Itachi to kill the Uchiha, as Danzo felt there would be no compromise. He and the two Elders told Itachi that the Hokage agreed to the massacre and than Itachi said he would do it so long as Sasuke was allowed to live.

Basically Danzo is a dick because Sarutobi totally could have talked down the Uchiha given time, which he had, and the correct sort of motivations for them, which he could give. Danzo meanwhile is a warhawk who constantly fears the fall of Konoha, so he felt the chance Sarutobi would fail was too great and thus went behind his back. Itachi was actually pretty useful as a missing ninja too, he gave information on Akatsuki to Jiraiya from memory.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Well, if we're just gonna seriously ask anime questions ITT I guess I've got a few.

Suigetsu is using Zabuza's sword right? Why/how did the handle get broken?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Well, Zabuza's sword can't be beat, but that doesn't apply to the handle.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, Zabuza's sword can't be beat, but that doesn't apply to the handle.

:confused:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The Handle isn't actually broken. It's detachable for easier carrying.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

The Handle isn't actually broken. It's detachable for easier carrying.

Oh. That's kinda reasonable then.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
No its not because the blade itself is still loving huge.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Gologle posted:

No its not because the blade itself is still loving huge.

Naruto is an anime

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

It never comes up but since we're talking about Zabuza's sword, it absorbs the iron from the blood of the people it kills in order to reassemble itself in case it breaks.
Also Suigetsu doesn't use it a lot because it's loving huge and makes him tired more easily than Zabuza who was buff.

LordHippoman
May 30, 2013

I, frankly, want this smug Jagen to be my avatar on all forms of social media immediately.
I love that as soon as Sasuke did the Spiderman thing Danzo just loving bolts out of the room and never comes back. I love everything about Danzo and I look forward to him probably getting murdered by a 3 tailed hamster or whatever.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Ulvirich posted:

All these god drat ninjas I can't keep track of.

Oh I forgot to bring this up earlier but bless you for your contribution to the thread and now I need to make a fanart section. :allears:

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Zabuza's sword looks really boring compared to the weapons of the other swordsmen, which include the following.

A giant needle-like sword that threads people together, a sword that is in fact any weapon you could ever want, a "sword" that is actually an axe and a hammer connected by a chain, a sword that explodes, two swords that channel lightning and a sword that is really a giant living mass of scales that eats chakra.

Zabuza's just rebuilds through iron in blood and has two circular holes for easy decapitations of captured enemies.

Also I thought it was around here that Ai breaks the sword and then later on we learn it heals through drinking blood. Did they skip the break or is it just that we don't reach the blood drinking part?

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

Zabuza's sword looks really boring compared to the weapons of the other swordsmen, which include the following.

A giant needle-like sword that threads people together, a sword that is in fact any weapon you could ever want, a "sword" that is actually an axe and a hammer connected by a chain, a sword that explodes, two swords that channel lightning and a sword that is really a giant living mass of scales that eats chakra.

Zabuza's just rebuilds through iron in blood and has two circular holes for easy decapitations of captured enemies.

Also I thought it was around here that Ai breaks the sword and then later on we learn it heals through drinking blood. Did they skip the break or is it just that we don't reach the blood drinking part?

They deemed that part unnecessary and too much work, kinda like Ay losing his arm and then getting it reattached.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ChorpSaway posted:

kinda like Ay losing his arm and then getting it reattached.

Didn't Ay lose his arm to Sasuke's black super eye fire?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

I do not remember when it happened but how it happened is Sasuke used the ever-burning black fire of Amaterasu on his arm. So to stop it spreading Ai just chopped his own arm off.

fillertrack
Aug 5, 2015
"I don't get anything about Naruto" I feel ya Jay. I like the Dynasty Warriors esque segment. Nice little change of pace to mow down some dudes. Of course they use normal rear end weapons so they're already dead. So like Sasuke wanted to murder his bro cuz he murdered his family but then wants to destroy the village because Itachi wanted to protect it and was forced into killing his family? Whats after that? "Grr lumber was used to build the village which forced my brother to kill my family! Imma blow up the forests!" He just the angstiest of angst. Also I'm no writer but shouldn't Madara's ninja project blue beam not be revealed yet? The best thing to do would be to reveal the plan just as he is about to execute it. Like come on have at least a hint of mystery.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

ChorpSaway posted:

It never comes up but since we're talking about Zabuza's sword, it absorbs the iron from the blood of the people it kills in order to reassemble itself in case it breaks.

-made by demonblood666, age 12

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

... it absorbs iron in the blood of it's victims to repair itself?

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/1998-05/891633988.An.r.html

"According to the American Red Cross, one pint of blood contains about 250 milligrams of iron. Since the average human has about 10 - 12 pints of blood total, and this accounts for half of the iron in the body, that comes out to between 5 and 6 grams of iron per adult human body."

Six grams, or a fifth of an ounce.

:what:

Out of curiosity, just how big is that weapon?

edit: Oh. One of those swords. This is not the same sword, and made mostly out of aluminum, so made out of readily available materials for a medieval Not-Japan, it'd be slightly heavier than Zabuza's Gobbildicockchi. It's pretty heavy.

Edit2: Just did the math, his loving sword, assuming it's made out of Glorious Not-Japan Tamahagane steel, is in the neighborhood of 200 lbs or 90 kg.

I'm not sure what is more absurd here, him being able to lift the loving thing, or the sword using the blood of it's victims to repair itself.

Ulvirich fucked around with this message at 10:22 on Mar 7, 2016

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Lord_Magmar posted:

Zabuz'a sword was also the first one ever introduced, and was introduced quite early, so it really isnt as flashy and weird as the others, it's the same with the chakra eating scales sword.

Ulvirich posted:

... it absorbs iron in the blood of it's victims to repair itself?

http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/1998-05/891633988.An.r.html

"According to the American Red Cross, one pint of blood contains about 250 milligrams of iron. Since the average human has about 10 - 12 pints of blood total, and this accounts for half of the iron in the body, that comes out to between 5 and 6 grams of iron per adult human body."

Six grams, or a fifth of an ounce.

:what:

Out of curiosity, just how big is that weapon?

edit: Oh. One of those swords. This is not the same sword, and made mostly out of aluminum, so made out of readily available materials for a medieval Not-Japan, it'd be slightly heavier than Zabuza's Gobbildicockchi. It's pretty heavy.

Edit2: Just did the math, his loving sword, assuming it's made out of Glorious Not-Japan Tamahagane steel, is in the neighborhood of 200 lbs or 90 kg.

I'm not sure what is more absurd here, him being able to lift the loving thing, or the sword using the blood of it's victims to repair itself.

Ninja blood is like 80% iron and they also have untold gallons of blood coursing through their veins

And you call that a buster sword? This is a buster sword

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 10:27 on Mar 7, 2016

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Ulvirich posted:

Everyone has superpowers in this setting so lifting a 200 lb sword isn't that big of a deal.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Really the fact that no one has shown up with weapons that weigh as much as a tank is the real shock.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

As I recall when we see the sword being repaired the guy doing so slaughters like over 200 ninja in quick succession to do so. Which is still pretty unrealistic but it was a seriously large number of fodder ninja being killed.

RareAcumen posted:

Really the fact that no one has shown up with weapons that weigh as much as a tank is the real shock.

About that, the Toad Boss has a sword. The Toad Boss is also as large as the full size Kyuubi, who can cause earth-quakes by walking and tsunamis by swinging a tail through water. The Toad Boss' sword is to scale, which means it's bigger than most buildings in setting. Tsunade can and will use this sword.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

id be the ultimate ninja because i know the arts of krav maga which is known as the most badass of marts*
*martial arts

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lord_Magmar posted:

About that, the Toad Boss has a sword. The Toad Boss is also as large as the full size Kyuubi, who can cause earth-quakes by walking and tsunamis by swinging a tail through water. The Toad Boss' sword is to scale, which means it's bigger than most buildings in setting. Tsunade can and will use this sword.

http://i.imgur.com/IlvZq9f.webm

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010
Jack The Ripper, putting his lust for vengeance revengeance to better use than that emo guy.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Naruto is still getting over his abysmal meeting with the Raikage when he gets some unfortunate news from multiple sources about Sasuke. Meanwhile, there seems to be another ninja in the snowy area making a ruckus, and he's being sought out as well. Will Naruto be able to handle this news? Will this new ninja hold his own both on the mic and on the battlefield? Find out today in Chapter 2: Team 7 Assembles!

Characters Introduced This Episode

Sai
A member of the Hidden Leaf Village’s Team 7. He used to work for the Root but has switched his alliances thanks to Naruto and his unwavering positive attitude. Sai lacks social grace and can give a bad impression due to his blunt nature. Thankfully as an artist he doesn’t really need to interact with others.

Killer Bee
Ay’s brother/bodyguard and the vessel for the Eight-Tails. While he’s supposed to take his work more seriously, Bee would rather spent his time rapping, in his quest to become the world’s best rapper. He’s laid back and cocky over his both his strength and rap game. His fighting abilities are top-notch, including his incredible swordsmanship, able to wield seven swords at the same time.

The Eight-Tails
One of the two tailed beasts still contained within a jinchuriki and taking the form of an ushi-oni. He’s very no-nonsense and can be rather rude, but tolerates his vessel Killer Bee because of his incredible power. Killer Bee and the Eight-Tails are one of the few jinchuriki combos to work together and interact in a friendly manner. That said, he hates Bee’s raps and wishes he’d act a bit more serious in a time of war.

Kisame Hoshigaki
A member of the Akatsuki and one of the Seven Ninja Swordsmen of the Mist. Much like a shark, Kisame is sadistic and aggressive, and is quick to fight in situation. Also like a shark, he is a master of water techniques and often fights better in a watery environment. His body is also very shark-like, including some actual gills. Unlike a shark, Kisame has an extraordinary amount of chakra in his body, possibly more than any other ninja ever. That’s gotta count for something.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
I love Sakura's balls here. It would make me incredibly happy if this ended with her actually killing Sasuke, but it's pretty obvious that's not how it's going to go down.

Oh well, at least there's Killer Bee. Can the rest of the game just be about him and the Eight-Tails?

By the way, "Kisame" sounds exactly like "savage shark" or "demon shark". It's even written that way. It's not even a pun or anything. What were the parents thinking?

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

They probably saw the blue skin and the gill things under his eyes and stopped giving a poo poo about their horrible mutant murder baby.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I wonder how many times people demanded his parents put down that awful feral sharkboy when he was growing up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Kisame...had a hard life. :gbsmith:

• Locked thread