Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, all I'm asking is if she ended up in a coma because of back when she was fighting in that assault on the leaf village.

Yes. She fought off some Pains but then fell into a coma instead of dying like everyone else, which is why she's not back in fighting shape unlike all the revived ninja. The one exception just happens to be the village ninja president.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

It had to happen eventually, so why not get it out of the way early? Today, Naruto joins the rest of Team 7 as they fight amongst themselves, and he's ready to beat the shittiness out of Sasuke! Can Naruto find the humanity left in Sasuke and stop him from his admittedly hasty plan to destroy the Hidden Leaf Village? Will anyone else take advantage of the situation and kill Sasuke? Did the bridge ACTUALLY rebuild itself mid-fight? All this and more on the finale of Chapter 2!

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

*Kakashi sees Sakura*
Kakashi: Why did you come? Seriously, why are you even loving here?

Sasuke: I don't want to change! I don't want to understand you!
Jesus Christ if he's that determined to not be saved then just loving kill him.

sirtommygunn fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 26, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

The bridge has two segments, and it looked "fixed" because the camera wasn't on the half of the bridge that had a ball carved out of it. Thank you Madara for whisking Sasuke away, it took you long enough.

XainZero
Feb 16, 2011

"I killed a man! It felt amazing! I'm going to kill literally everyone in the Leaf Village!" - Sasuke, who can totally be "saved"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Christ Sakura is the most pathetic character by design. Kishimoto is not a good writer, if you havent noticed.
The loving Naruto omake (springtime of youth) has more Pathos than the main series. Im not going to ever drop it. Sasuke is a terrible character only propped up by popularity votes.
Else he'd have died a long, long time ago.

Naruto became terrible through it's audience.
Though it's like I said: Kishimoto cannot do female characters.

Rigged Death Trap fucked around with this message at 21:25 on Mar 26, 2016

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Sasuke is a terrible character only propped up by popularity votes.

Your avatar, and the comic it came from, is what I would do had I the same choice as Commander Shepard with Sasuke replacing Whatsherface the genetically perfect.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

The commentary in these games has just been knocking it out of the park. I'm so sad that the updates can't come faster.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
"The conversation appears to be over..."

I guess Madara wasn't paying attention either.

Also, I love that Lee is still an idiot.

Demicol
Nov 8, 2009

That's an amazing episode title

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

I personally think Sasuke was an okay character in the first half, it's just like most things about Shippunden he got really bad. For example Sasuke really was getting less lovely, then Itachi showed up again and drove him mad whilst Orochimaru hosed with his head. A recurring theme is Sasuke is a gullible twit who doesn't think for himself as long as he has someone to hate, and Madara took advantage of it. If he hadn't met Madara he totally would have agreed to return to the Leaf after killing Itachi, probably as a hero for killing the two greatest traitors they ever had.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 27, 2016

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
A bunch of the voice actors in this game really overpronounce their Rs and it's very distracting

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.

fillertrack posted:

Its bullshit eye powers vs bullshit eye powers. Like children playing make believe and coming up with more absurd abilities to counter each other cuz they don't want to lose.

That is literally what happened to create Izanagi. It's straightup the user going "NUH UH" and negating anything that just happened.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I can't get over how being friends with Naruto is basically having a bloodpact signed. No matter what you do, you can't escape it.

Skaw
Aug 5, 2004

RareAcumen posted:

I can't get over how being friends with Naruto is basically having a bloodpact signed. No matter what you do, you can't escape it.

Well the kid grew up having no friends. So of course he's going to be ultra possessive when he actually makes one. Or thinks he makes one.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
So during their entire fight standing on water, Sasuke never once thought to electrify the drat water?

Also I know why clone Naruto is there when Naruto makes a rasengan but calling him "Hype Naruto" never fails to make me laugh

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Mar 27, 2016

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Skaw posted:

Well the kid grew up having no friends. So of course he's going to be ultra possessive when he actually makes one. Or thinks he makes one.
Yeah, he grew up with the entire village making GBS threads on him (the series really doesn't convey this very well, so it ends up more an informed quality than anything), so making a friend... of sorts, was a huge deal for him.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Skaw posted:

Considering how this pretty much happens with everyone he fought- Gaara, Kiba, Neji, Nagato- my point still stands that being his friend is like being connected to the dark one. There is no 'Backing out' on our agreement. We're friends for life now Sasuke. Even if you die and get brought back to life.

U.T. Raptor posted:

Yeah, he grew up with the entire village making GBS threads on him (the series really doesn't convey this very well, so it ends up more an informed quality than anything), so making a friend... of sorts, was a huge deal for him.

Yeah, and that's another thing that doesn't really make any sense. Is that just because of the Nine Tails? You'd think being a Hokage's son would kinda make people put up with you more.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

RareAcumen posted:

Yeah, and that's another thing that doesn't really make any sense. Is that just because of the Nine Tails? You'd think being a Hokage's son would kinda make people put up with you more.

naruto's dad is p much regarded as the richard nixon of ninja presidents including being called Tricky Dick

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

The information that Naruto is the Fourth's son was suppressed by the Third so the Rock Village wouldn't try to have him assassinated, seeing as they gave a flee on sight order during the last Ninja War against him because he kept killing all their Ninja and would absolutely attempt to kill the son of their greatest enemy. I think the only people who actually know are Jiraiya, Tsunade(?), the Third, Madara, Kakashi, Danzo/elders and various members of ANBU who are entirely loyal to the Hokage anyway.

Interestingly the Fourth is also mainly remembered for dying to the Kyuubi over anything else, so the living reminder of the death of the Fourth Hokage is a pretty easy target for hatred amongst the civilians and ninja alike. Although everyone above Jounin level probably didn't really care about the nine-tails and a lot of people overstate how bad Naruto had it. He was shunned and ignored but never physically attacked, basically he was alone but unlike Gaara no-one tried to kill him.

Also whilst the Third Hokage declared the whole Jinchuuriki thing a secret under threat of execution Danzo was probably spreading the information behind his back in the hopes of isolating Naruto to one day get him into Root. After all a weapon you can't aim is barely a weapon at all and the Third wasn't doing anything to train or control Naruto as a weapon of the Leaf, it's probably one of the things he and Danzo argued over a lot. For reference the thing about being the son of the Fourth was similarly declared a secret and nobody knows that one, so it's pretty likely something went wrong in the suppression of Naruto's Jinchuuriki status.

Lord_Magmar fucked around with this message at 11:31 on Mar 27, 2016

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Suppressed or not it's pretty dumb that nobody connected the dots for years since Naruto is like a clone of his dad aside from clothing differences and Naruto's silly face-whiskers. God knows I'm not gonna wiki it or anything, but I think Naruto and his dad are like, the only people in the whole leaf village with blonde hair (if not only the number is certainly low)

VVV: okay that makes like, five or six? my point stands. Or maybe the fourth's death was a ruse from the ninja media to avoid an impending sex scandal with Ino's mom.

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 27, 2016

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

TwoPair posted:

Suppressed or not it's pretty dumb that nobody connected the dots for years since Naruto is like a clone of his dad aside from clothing differences and Naruto's silly face-whiskers. God knows I'm not gonna wiki it or anything, but I think Naruto and his dad are like, the only people in the whole leaf village with blonde hair (if not only the number is certainly low)
Ino and her family have blonde hair, too

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Nihilarian posted:

Ino and her family have blonde hair, too

Naruto's the only one in the village who's a 1 to 1 match for that spiky hairstyle though.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

The commentary in these games has just been knocking it out of the park. I'm so sad that the updates can't come faster.

Well gosh, thanks! Always glad to hear we're doing something right.
Unfortunately though, we'll likely have to take this week off from updating, since Easter got in the way of recording with the next guest.
But today, let's remember that Minato died for our sins.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Tsunade is blonde and Jiraiya has a seriously overgrown version of the spiky hair, which leads me to suspicions about the Fourth's parentage considering we never learn anything about them, he's an orphan from memory. Also whilst Naruto as a well-fed, healthy young man is a pretty close match for his father, Naruto is a bit bulkier from memory, as a child he has none of the sharpness of his father's face and is noted to behave a lot like his mother, the Fourth was a somewhat serious man and Naruto is anything but. Finally whilst the adults probably don't want to make the connection in their heads, I think almost all of his friends work it out before he himself does, and those who do know realise that they should probably not talk about a secret that discussion of is very likely to lead to imprisonment with the IT deparment and questioning on why you'd break such a serious law.

I was not joking about the potentially deadly repercussions of discussing both Naruto holding the Fox and his Father. They really are secrets important enough that the Third installed very serious punishments for breaking them. Ultimately if people were going to search for Naruto's parents they'd start with the Uzumaki name, as they are ancient allies of the Leaf and have been intermarrying with the Senju for generations, he could easily be the son of a survivor of the destruction of Uzushiogakure who married a Senju, hence the blonde hair which is a known Senju trait. The only people who even knew the Fourth was married were Kakashi, the Third, the Third's wife and the Anbu. To everyone else he was the perfect ninja machine.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Anyways I hear some of the people in this thread probably like anime so here's my :siren: HOT SHILLING :siren:!!!

Youtube
MP3 Download

FutureFriend and I recorded an episode of a podcast we've* been running for like a year called Choco☆Disaster and it's about us watching and discussing anime!
Today we look at the shows coming out for the upcoming spring season! Feel free to discuss this or Naruto while we wait for the next episode of the LP.

*I've been running it actually and sometimes FF wasn't here and JordanKai was and sometimes they were both there

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad
True story, listening to an episode of this last year made me watch my first anime in 15 years.

That anime was JoJo.

Thanks ChorpSaway!

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

ChorpSaway posted:

Well gosh, thanks! Always glad to hear we're doing something right.
Unfortunately though, we'll likely have to take this week off from updating, since Easter got in the way of recording with the next guest.
But today, let's remember that Minato died for our sins.

Don't worry about getting negative when Sasuke shows up. Dude's eating up a dozen buffets worth of screen time that could go to better characters like Might Guy. Or less lovely but not interesting ones like Ino. Or hell, we could be using that time to watch people cook because anytime Sasuke is on screen people should be asking 'What could be happening instead of Sasuke getting more screen time?'

gently caress Sasuke, LP's good.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

ChorpSaway posted:

Anyways I hear some of the people in this thread probably like anime so here's my :siren: HOT SHILLING :siren:!!!
It's true. I watched upwards of five animes last year. I think I have a problem.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
everyone please watch jojos so that you can taste good anime after being exposed to the critical levels of nort contained within this lp

finally it will once again be friday

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Sorry, I only watch shows with cute girls or Spike Spiegel in them.

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
are u saying i'm not cute i'll set myself on fire and then break ur face

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

people roleplaying as anime characters, this thread is going places

White Coke
May 29, 2015

RareAcumen posted:

Don't worry about getting negative when Sasuke shows up. Dude's eating up a dozen buffets worth of screen time that could go to better characters like Might Guy. Or less lovely but not interesting ones like Ino. Or hell, we could be using that time to watch people cook because anytime Sasuke is on screen people should be asking 'What could be happening instead of Sasuke getting more screen time?'

gently caress Sasuke, LP's good.

Perhaps characters like Ino would be more interesting if they got more screen time? At the very least they couldn't get worse than Sasuke.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

FutureFriend posted:

people roleplaying as anime characters, this thread is going places

Let me tell you about my fictive headmate Sasuke wait poo poo that was just a bunch of Linkin Park lyrics I had stuck in my head

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Can you point to any good articles or podcasts or whatever about all the poo poo wrong with the idol industry, FutureFriend? I already knew it's a bad scene, of course, but I'm interested in knowing more specifics.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

FractalSandwich posted:

Can you point to any good articles or podcasts or whatever about all the poo poo wrong with the idol industry, FutureFriend? I already knew it's a bad scene, of course, but I'm interested in knowing more specifics.

unfortunately its been a while since i read a ton of stuff about it so i only got this one article about the relation between a ton of those industries and the yakuza that i'm not 100 percent sure on it being accurate, though: http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2016/02/06/the-yakuza-are-running-japan-s-hollywood.html

big problem with a ton of articles about hosed up practices in japan is that a ton of them have kind of a undercurrent of "lol that wacky japan" that's always real lovely.

FutureFriend fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Mar 28, 2016

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
Thanks for the link.

The "wacky Japan" thing is always a bummer, yeah.

Uncle Kitchener
Nov 18, 2009

BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
BALLSBALLSBALLSBALLS
As someone with zero knowledge of Naruto, I've pretty much gotten all my info from the LPs and so far it doesn't really advertise Naruto to me very well, though the anime's got some nice fight scenes even if the finger puzzle chackra jutsus look dumb.

My impression of Naruto is that of a dangerously obsessive and immature child, pretty much a ticking time bomb that ends up being catered to by everyone considering how dangerous he can be with the wrong mindset. I think the village is receptive and nice to him out of fear and that makes way more sense to me than these people actually being friends with this crazy moron. His obsession over Sasuke probably didn't help matters either and he's a sociopath bound on committing mass murder. If it hadn't been for Naruto's obsessive personality, they probably would've taken care of Sasuke long ago.

Uncle Kitchener fucked around with this message at 13:35 on Apr 9, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, Tsunade's woken up, and it's already time for a new UN meeting! All of the Kages vote Naruto off the mainland and onto an island to keep him away from the upcoming war, under the guise of getting training from the less-than-enthused Killer Bee. It's not the best solution, since they're such strong ninja, but better than having them on the frontlines at risk of capture or death I suppose. Meanwhile, some arms deals are going on behind the scenes with Madara...

Characters Introduced This Episode

Tsunade
A high-ranking ninja from the Hidden Leaf Village, and currently the Fifth Hokage. She was in a coma after the Pain invasion but has thankfully woken up just as her temporary substitute died, and she's more than ready to jump back into politics. She has a lot to catch up on though, and speed doesn't sound like the best feature of someone known as "the Slug Princess".

• Locked thread