Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
he's dead

https://twitter.com/chrisjohnson82/status/698640227645026305

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AiM5zEEI_Jo&t=38s

Concerned Citizen has issued a correction as of 23:07 on Feb 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003
what

what

WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich
Source please?

NotJesus
Jan 17, 2007
Clarence Thomas commits suicide as a force of habit.

Call Me Charlie
Dec 3, 2005

by Smythe
If the San Antonio Express-News reports it, it must be true.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/us-world/article/Senior-Associate-Justice-Antonin-Scalia-found-6828930.php

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
code:
[ I'm dead ]
         \
           \
             \

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
http://www.sfgate.com/news/us-world/article/Senior-Associate-Justice-Antonin-Scalia-found-6828930.php

Associate Justice Antonin Scalia was found dead of apparent natural causes Saturday on a luxury resort in West Texas, federal officials said.
Scalia, 79, was a guest at the Cibolo Creek Ranch, a resort in the Big Bend region south of Marfa.
According to a report, Scalia arrived at the ranch on Friday and attended a private party with about 40 people. When he did not appear for breakfast, a person associated with the ranch went to his room and found a body.
The U.S. Marshal Service, the Presidio County sheriff and the FBI were involved in the investigation.
Officials with the law enforcement agencies declined to comment.
A federal official who asked not to be named said there was no evidence of foul play and it appeared that Scalia died of natural causes.

Corek
May 11, 2013

by R. Guyovich

photoshop to say antonin scalia

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
Please don't be bad sources :ohdear:

The Saurus
Dec 3, 2006

by Smythe
good news

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
Holy gently caress!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf

:tviv:

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
I hope he saw a gay dude and it was so icky he died.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
if you need a pick-me-up throughout the day today, remember the scalia is currently in agonizing pain as he is slowly tortured by satan for all eternity

Cigar Aficionado
Nov 1, 2004

"Patel"? Fuck you.
So is Obama going to be able to actually get someone on the bench, or will the GOP be able to run out the clock?

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005
Oh poo poo. The repub debate is gonna be one 3 hour post-mortum blow job.

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

Quick news search tells me this is true.

Karma, you rotten old bastard, karma. maybe the end of 5-4 decisions

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Cigar Aficionado posted:

So is Obama going to be able to actually get someone on the bench, or will the GOP be able to run out the clock?

either way 4-4 is nearly as good

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Today’s opinion is the product of a Court, which is the product of a law-profession culture, that has largely signed on to the so-called homosexual agenda, by which I mean the agenda promoted by some homosexual activists directed at eliminating the moral opprobrium that has traditionally attached to homosexual conduct. I noted in an earlier opinion the fact that the American Association of Law Schools (to which any reputable law school must seek to belong) excludes from membership any school that refuses to ban from its job-interview facilities a law firm (no matter how small) that does not wish to hire as a prospective partner a person who openly engages in homosexual conduct. See Romer, supra, at 653.

One of the most revealing statements in today’s opinion is the Court’s grim warning that the criminalization of homosexual conduct is “an invitation to subject homosexual persons to discrimination both in the public and in the private spheres.” Ante, at 14. It is clear from this that the Court has taken sides in the culture war, departing from its role of assuring, as neutral observer, that the democratic rules of engagement are observed. Many Americans do not want persons who openly engage in homosexual conduct as partners in their business, as scoutmasters for their children, as teachers in their children’s schools, or as boarders in their home. They view this as protecting themselves and their families from a lifestyle that they believe to be immoral and destructive. The Court views it as “discrimination” which it is the function of our judgments to deter. So imbued is the Court with the law profession’s anti-anti-homosexual culture, that it is seemingly unaware that the attitudes of that culture are not obviously “mainstream”; that in most States what the Court calls “discrimination” against those who engage in homosexual acts is perfectly legal; that proposals to ban such “discrimination” under Title VII have repeatedly been rejected by Congress, see Employment Non-Discrimination Act of 1994, S. 2238, 103d Cong., 2d Sess. (1994); Civil Rights Amendments, H. R. 5452, 94th Cong., 1st Sess. (1975); that in some cases such “discrimination” is mandated by federal statute, see 10 U.S.C. § 654(b)(1) (mandating discharge from the armed forces of any service member who engages in or intends to engage in homosexual acts); and that in some cases such “discrimination” is a constitutional right, see Boy Scouts of America v. Dale, 530 U.S. 640 (2000).

Let me be clear that I have nothing against homosexuals, or any other group, promoting their agenda through normal democratic means. Social perceptions of sexual and other morality change over time, and every group has the right to persuade its fellow citizens that its view of such matters is the best. That homosexuals have achieved some success in that enterprise is attested to by the fact that Texas is one of the few remaining States that criminalize private, consensual homosexual acts. But persuading one’s fellow citizens is one thing, and imposing one’s views in absence of democratic majority will is something else. I would no more require a State to criminalize homosexual acts–or, for that matter, display any moral disapprobation of them–than I would forbid it to do so. What Texas has chosen to do is well within the range of traditional democratic action, and its hand should not be stayed through the invention of a brand-new “constitutional right” by a Court that is impatient of democratic change.

Bip Roberts
Mar 29, 2005

Concerned Citizen posted:

either way 4-4 is nearly as good

But it's a big cherry on the top for whoever wins.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
:wooper:
...yeah I'm okay with this.

SNAKES N CAKES
Sep 6, 2005

DAVID GAIDER
Lead Writer
Well, game changed I guess.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

How long can an Obama-appointed justice be blocked until something has to give?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Epic High Five posted:

How long can an Obama-appointed justice be blocked until something has to give?

forever

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

the senate minority party could block the business of the senate in protest and grind the entire institution to a halt

but there isn't anything the senate majority actually wants to get passed this year so that's pretty much an empty threat.

Winkie01
Nov 28, 2004
https://twitter.com/TheTweetOfGod/status/698630398427811840

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Antonin Scalia is the most handsome man on the Supreme Court

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Likeliest thing I guess is that the Dems win the presidential election and the Senate confirms Barry's appointee during the lame duck session?

Mo_Steel
Mar 7, 2008

Let's Clock Into The Sunset Together

Fun Shoe

:eyepop:

EnsGDT
Nov 9, 2004

~boop boop beep motherfucker~
Obama will never get someone appointed in time but god I hope he does

Chillgamesh
Jul 29, 2014

I literally cheered irl when I read this.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Hair Elf
Can Obama appoint himself? He is a major constitutional scholar with significant government experience

LGD
Sep 25, 2004

he passed peacefully in his sleep on a vacation trip at the age of 79- if that's divine vengeance we should all be so lucky

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1LUXQWzCno

QuasarIntheMist
Sep 4, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mt05jZWJVPA

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

So basically we're looking at an 8 person Supreme Court until 2020 if the GOP doesn't get the White House?

QuasarIntheMist
Sep 4, 2011

:hf:

Cracked_Gear
Nov 4, 2013

Seeing it on major news outlets now.

Karma may take its time but in the end you always get paid back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
this but for scalia:

• Locked thread