Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
Can the Senate really block Obama's appointee to the point where it becomes irrelevant due to the next elections?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

vyelkin posted:

https://twitter.com/BernieSanders/status/698649076691173376?lang=en

Bernie carefully words his tweet to show that Scalia's family will mourn his passing but Bernie himself won't.

Now that's poetry. :golfclap:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

First it turns out Xander is a criminally violent drunk, and now this. :smith:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Quorum posted:

No, no, we don't want Associate Justice Rubio.

Sinners Sandwich did say AI.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

FAUXTON posted:

Associate Iustice.

Worked for the Romans, just how Scalia would have liked it.

I meant to contest Rubio's intelligence. I failed, and now must perform seppukku. :negative:

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Thug Lessons posted:

It would constitute significantly more political control than the 0% they currently have. Short of national referenda on justices I think delaying appointments until after the next election (including by-elections) would probably be the best way to give popular control over the Court.

There is structurally no popular control over the Supreme Court. It is as the Founders intended.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
https://twitter.com/paulwaldman1/status/699268113825718272/

• Locked thread