Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
FlimFlam Imam
Mar 1, 2007

Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams

crabcakes66 posted:

What if Jaden Smith is actually an amazing actor, and it's the rest of us who are terrible?

There is no reason at all to even begin to ponder this thought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

H.H posted:

If the Earth is a geoid, what shape is the moon?

geoid is not the actual shape of the earth, it's the shape the earth would have to have so that a spirit level laid on the ground always read perfectly horizontal everywhere. compared to earth, it's much smoother (but not flat!) and has lower mountains and shallower seas. it's used to correct precise measurements of angles from the vertical: you plug the measured angle and your coordinates in a program, your coordinates are cross-referenced with the geoid to see where "down" points in the place you are ("down" rarely points exactly down! i.e. to the center of the earth), and the program corrects the angle accordingly

... or so I remember!

(I guess a moon would have a selenoid lol)

hackbunny fucked around with this message at 17:03 on Feb 16, 2016

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
it's a terrible explanation!

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

August is the Cruelest Month
Actually, it makes perfect sense.
Thanks!

RaceBannon
Apr 3, 2010
Has anyone ever thought of being a hermit? I can see some benefits.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

They sell kosher/halal shrimp, made from non-shellfish.
Why don't they do the same for bacon?

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Turkey bacon is hella gross.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Inzombiac posted:

Turkey bacon is hella gross.

Strange. They don't market it to Jews, which seems like the obvious target market.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
My poly drug use thankfully makes me lose track of what om thinking of before i can havr thoughts or musings

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
all i can think of now is how pissed i am that i got sick for the first time in over a year because i was in michigan for the first time ever. wasn't even near flint :(

detroit looks like silent hill, btw

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Sometimes i wonder if i like this av or my korean av better

This was bought for me by a ki dly stranger and i want to respect that and also like it. But i also like the korean doofus looking dude

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Dr. Dogballs Jr. posted:

all i can think of now is how pissed i am that i got sick for the first time in over a year because i was in michigan for the first time ever. wasn't even near flint :(

detroit looks like silent hill, btw

That sucks, doc.

They say that illness is the body manifesting that which the mind is unwilling to express.
Of course, they say a lot of things, most of which are absolute bullshit.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

H.H posted:

That sucks, doc.

They say that illness is the body manifesting that which the mind is unwilling to express.
Of course, they say a lot of things, most of which are absolute bullshit.

my mind is unwilling to express how dirty the warehouse party full of strippers and "erotic art" was, so my body is expressing what my mental disgust is lacking

or detroit itself is just loving gross

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

how much tattoos in inappropriate places would you say the average partygoer had?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
We had two tatoo guns in a raucous sharehouse a while ago. Maybe 30 people have innapropriate tatoos everywhere

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Some drunk girl had 3 dudes taking turns trying to tatoo a rose on her groin and she got butchered

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

RaceBannon posted:

Has anyone ever thought of being a hermit? I can see some benefits.

Not talking to people is the tits. I think you can still post though.

Guildenstern Mother
Mar 31, 2010

Why walk when you can ride?

Isaac posted:

Some drunk girl had 3 dudes taking turns trying to tatoo a rose on her groin and she got butchered

it was that bad of a tat?

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Isaac posted:

We had two tatoo guns in a raucous sharehouse a while ago

this seems like an ill-thought out idea. to put it extremely lightly.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

WanderingMinstrel I posted:

it was that bad of a tat?

She left the house yelling"im coming round tommorow i got a job interview you gotta fix it." I never saw the tat close up but by all accounts it was a mess

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Do they check the groin area frequently in job interviews in Aus

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
I used to bring home pork skin so people would stop practicing on themselves but it didnt work

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

Do they check the groin area frequently in job interviews in Aus

Its never happened to me but whos to say

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
You're never as close as you could be to a friend until you've seen their genitals and they yours. Once the air is cleared on that matter the bond is strengthened many times

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

You're never as close as you could be to a friend until you've seen their genitals and they yours. Once the air is cleared on that matter the bond is strengthened many times

I know what all my friends dicks look like

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I had just started dating someone and took them to my good buddies house because one of my friends was back from his first tour in Iraq and we were having a get together and upon me and my very new partner getting out of the car my veteran friend full sprints around the barn corner ripping his pants down to expose his recently pierced dick laughing like a maniac

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
d my friend in the infantry was partyijg with a group of boys from artillery and he saod theyd just pissn on eachother under the table.

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
Yeah there were a lot of weird stories about circle jerk type stuff military seems pretty gay out of the box by default and with no assistance not sure why the military over here was so worried about that for so long like they were gonna get corrupted

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Hes a very private person now but this is the beat story ive heard for a while.

We were ralking aboiut bad luck like shooting am albatross

He was the drjver in the firat vehicle in a long convoy. In the middle of a long area on nothing the spotter told him hed hit a grave. Every other vehicle had to follow the tracks over a grave.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Isaac posted:

d my friend in the infantry was partyijg with a group of boys from artillery and he saod theyd just pissn on eachother under the table.

a friend of mine told me that the men in his platoon used to piss on each other to keep warm. I guess it's a universal thing.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Tolstoy did not consider War and Peace a novel. If indeed "il est pas un roman", as he would have one of his characters say, does that make it a Dadaist composition?

a whole buncha crows
May 8, 2003

WHEN WE DON'T KNOW WHO TO HATE, WE HATE OURSELVES.-SA USER NATION (AKA ME!)

H.H posted:

a friend of mine told me that the men in his platoon used to piss on each other to keep warm. I guess it's a universal thing.

they could just cuddle???

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Nation posted:

they could just cuddle???

I think he meant during training and combat missions, when then needed to be outside and moving.
Pretty sure that back in base they cuddled plenty. and then some.

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine
at the place i was at in detroit i saw a lot of pretty loving stupid ink that looked like drunken regrets that happened during drunk cuddling while getting pissed on, does that count?

e: several dudes were def sporting terrible military tats that looked like they happened in the above listed circumstances as well

Dr. Dogballs Jr. fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Feb 17, 2016

Sponge Baathist
Jan 30, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
the only reason you should ever go to detroit is to get the gently caress out of detroit ya fuckin moron

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

They say that we should enjoy the road, not wait for the destination.
They also say life is a journey. That seems a bit redundant: the majority of people do not look forward to their own deaths to the exclusion of all else.

H.H
Oct 24, 2006

Is a magic lamp considered haunted? Are genies a subset of ghosts?

Dr. Dogballs Jr.
Jun 9, 2014

the angriest sex machine

H.H posted:

Is a magic lamp considered haunted? Are genies a subset of ghosts?

according to aladdin, not necessarily. jafar got duped like a mook

Julien Sorel
Jan 27, 2006

Voted Worst Marksman of 1830
can ghosts get pregnant?

and if so, if a pregnant ghost miscarries, does it give birth to a live child?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hardawn
Mar 15, 2004

Don't look at the sun, but rather what it illuminates
College Slice
People don't want other people to be perceived as people

• Locked thread