Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drunk & Ugly
Feb 10, 2003

GIMME GIMME GIMME, DON'T ASK WHAT FOR

Man Whore posted:

In fact its selfish not to talk someone down. If you were the only person who knew that a person was going to kill himself and let him do it anyway out of some ideological bullshit about autonomy. You are inflating your own ego and letting that persons friends and family deal with the fallout. And when that persons brother or sister hits the bottle to deal with their grief, are you just going to let them drink themselves to death because its their decision? Even as they hurt their kids and drive their already grieving parents into an early grave?

Also bullshit

If a person has tried everything possible to try to be happy yet they realize the world's still a shithole and can't stand it, its their right. "Stay in painful misery because you'll hurt my feelings if you leave" ? Awwww, sorry. Pussy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Drunk & Ugly posted:

Also bullshit

If a person has tried everything possible to try to be happy yet they realize the world's still a shithole and can't stand it, its their right. "Stay in painful misery because you'll hurt my feelings if you leave" ? Awwww, sorry. Pussy

Wow suiciders sound like real assholes good riddance

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

we are a nd we know it, which is why we are the only honest men and suicide is the only honest act any man can commit. namaste

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

we are a nd we know it, which is why we are the only honest men and suicide is the only honest act any man can commit. namaste

It is the only honorable kill.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

TheWhiteNightmare posted:

I always felt like they were the no-can-do sissy's who can't just nut up and tempt fate. Life is risk, taking a way out that minimizes it just shows you're a big dumb baby. Caro's of the world, street racing idiots, people who build homemade powered gliders and their ilk, now those are the ballsy ones who want to die but want it to come honest. They get that the world is a terrible place full of bullshit, but they're going out in ways that brighten everyone elses day when they watch it on Youtube or read about it in stupid magazines. True heroes, all of them

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

again, respect. divorced from the initial emotional reaction all i can say is that i meant that suicide is usually the punctuation mark to generally deteriorating mental health. the psychotic break that occurs may indeed be intoxicant induced, but is part of a larger pattern that might manifest itself in any number of visible or invisible ways.

gently caress off to E/N, the day I feel sorry for someone voluntarily offing themselves is the day i start talking like a 90's black person on the internet.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I fully support suicide and I wish more people would suicide

ditty bout my clitty
May 28, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
Fun Shoe
Ideally third world people AKA poors.

Gatekeeper
Aug 3, 2003

He was warrior and mystic, ogre and saint, the fox and the innocent, chivalrous, ruthless, less than a god, more than a man.
black sabbath did a song called "killing yourself to live" which is an extremely interesting paradox to consider in between seizures and thorazine injections in the cheeks of butts

Sialia
Feb 12, 2016

I remember my clinical placement in mental health, mental health nurses are some of the kindest, most patient and considerate nurses out there. I would seriously consider it an option in the future if I was not otherwise occupied in aged care nursing.

The vast majority of patients are genuinely good people too. For the most part they don't want to be sick and want to get better and make something of their lives. They have the same problems and concerns as anyone else, they just have a sickness that is holding them back that few other people have to deal with. There are some really strong people in the mental health system.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Ilustforponydeath posted:

gently caress off to E/N, the day I feel sorry for someone voluntarily offing themselves is the day i start talking like a 90's black person on the internet.

again, respect.

fuck the ROW
Aug 29, 2008

by zen death robot

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

If I was ever going to kill myself, I would want to do it in a way such that my organs could be saved and harvested. I just can't stand the thought of organs going to waste

its lunch time boys!!

Burt Sexual
Jan 26, 2006

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Switchblade Switcharoo

Sialia posted:

I remember my clinical placement in mental health, mental health nurses are some of the kindest, most patient and considerate nurses out there. I would seriously consider it an option in the future if I was not otherwise occupied in aged care nursing.

The vast majority of patients are genuinely good people too. For the most part they don't want to be sick and want to get better and make something of their lives. They have the same problems and concerns as anyone else, they just have a sickness that is holding them back that few other people have to deal with. There are some really strong people in the mental health system.

Seem weak by definition?

drguildo
Apr 27, 2013

LISTEN TO THE CROWD ROAR IN ADMIRATION!

Darth123123 posted:

Seem weak by definition?

Only if you think everyone experiences things the same way and have the same weight to carry, which is admittedly a pretty common view.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Darth123123 posted:

Seem weak by definition?

no way. The people who persevere through serious mental illnesses deserve your utmost respect and admiration imo. They certainly have earned mine

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
eh

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

All I have learned in years of persevering through immense depression is that it’s probably not worth the effort and that it makes me an insanely annoying + unlikeable person to be around .

drguildo
Apr 27, 2013

LISTEN TO THE CROWD ROAR IN ADMIRATION!

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

All I have learned in years of persevering through immense depression is that it’s probably not worth the effort and that it makes me an insanely annoying + unlikeable person to be around .

Maybe you're just like that anyway? He he he just kidding guy, you're okay by me. Namaste.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

drguildo posted:

Maybe you're just like that anyway? He he he just kidding guy, you're okay by me. Namaste.

I’ve been sadbrained so long I don’t actually know what my personality would be like if I wasn’t, so probably!! Haha. :D

• Locked thread