Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
does liking Demon's Souls predispose you to mental problems

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shaquin
May 12, 2007

a messed up horse posted:

Yeah honestly

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

a messed up horse posted:

yep

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
I know I certainly sounded like a lunatic as the only one with a ps3 singing it's praises on US launch to my friends before there was Dark Souls hype everywhere and explaining how this beautiful misery was very sublime let me tell you about why this game stomping my balls is fantastic

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Shaquin posted:

I know I certainly sounded like a lunatic as the only one with a ps3 singing it's praises on US launch to my friends before there was Dark Souls hype everywhere and explaining how this beautiful misery was very sublime let me tell you about why this game stomping my balls is fantastic

That's crazy, you should be playing farming simulator instead.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
well, gently caress. guess i'll be posting my own thread sooner or later

Gross Dude
Feb 5, 2007

Gross Dude
When I was in a mental institution, they had a bulletin board (no tacks of course, it was all sticky paper) that just had a whole bunch of those minion Facebook memes that someone printed out.

The Bananana
May 21, 2008

This is a metaphor, a Christian allegory. The fact that I have to explain to you that Jesus is the Warthog, and the Banana is drepanocytosis is just embarrassing for you.

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

and it was full of the nicest, most supportive people i've ever met. namaste, also if you have questions about what it's like to be a loony i will field them

Does this mean you can't legally buy a gun anymore?

Shaquin
May 12, 2007
They would let you set up your breakfast order for the next day and had a choice for either caffeinated or decaf coffee but kept giving you decaf either way the fucks and when confronted would be coy but you can't hide that poo poo!!!

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

The Bananana posted:

Does this mean you can't legally buy a gun anymore?

yes. i signed a waiver saying I was okay with that. actually funny story, I tried contacting the police and the DOJ to get myself restricted from buying a gun because I knew I was suicidal and they were blindsided by the question. there's no way to voluntarily make yourself unable to buy a gun.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Me bad posting? That's unpossible!
Lipstick Apathy

Gross Dude posted:

When I was in a mental institution, they had a bulletin board (no tacks of course, it was all sticky paper) that just had a whole bunch of those minion Facebook memes that someone printed out.

That would probably push me over the edge.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Shaquin posted:

They would let you set up your breakfast order for the next day and had a choice for either caffeinated or decaf coffee but kept giving you decaf either way the fucks and when confronted would be coy but you can't hide that poo poo!!!

same

buglord
Jul 31, 2010

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!

Buglord

Ork of Fiction posted:

TBH, I think that coming straight to SA after getting out of a mental lockdown is not very healthsome.

This

But good job taking initiative op. I'm glad you're alive and well :kiddo:

chaosbreather
Dec 9, 2001

Wry and wise,
but also very sexual.

- Do you ever wonder whether you're the sane one and it's everyone else who's crazy?

- Did you ever see 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest'? If so, how do you stand being around mental health professionals?

- Isn't killing yourself the same as killing everyone else on the planet if you think about it?

- Doesn't depression seem like a natural response to the intensely dehumanising and meaningless modern world?

- Why is sex therapy legal but THY RAPE SEX, an anagram, not legal? Was this legal loophole the source of your madness?

- What's a computer?

i'm personally very glad you didn't kill yourself as i had an ex girlfriend who killed herself some time after i stopped seeing her and its been almost a decade and i'm still not really right to be honest, it really hurts the people who care about you a lot. if you kill yourself gently caress you

Jose Mengelez
Sep 11, 2001

by Azathoth
did they take your phone off you?

Bloomington
Apr 20, 2010

symbolic posted:

congratulations on finally moving out of your parents' house

Three Olives
Apr 10, 2005

What if Hitler invented the BMW i3 Subcompact Electric car?

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

i had a plan, a method, and a date set

So what was the plan, method and date?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

op i'm very glad you didn't kill yourself and i hope you are now on the path to feeling better

i do have a question tho which is can i easily get laid at group therapy sessions like in the hit hollywood movie fight club

SHISHKABOB
Nov 30, 2012

Fun Shoe
My sister went to this kinda place and yeah that's what it sounds like.

Fiddler on the Reef
Apr 29, 2011

why do/did you want to kill yourself?

Vorik
Mar 27, 2014

lmao

A CRUNK BIRD
Sep 29, 2004

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

Why wouldn't you?

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Why wouldn't you?

Masturbasturd
Sep 1, 2014
Legislate lexipro into all liquids. Mandatory business casual is now in effect 24/7.

BigBoss
Jan 26, 2012

by Lowtax
Are you in any way obsessed with the concept of irony? Do you try to channel it constantly until your thought process gets really bizarre?

Devian666
Aug 20, 2008

Take some advice Chris.

Fun Shoe

Champenema posted:

Mandatory business casual is now in effect 24/7.

My fly is already undone.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Stay heathy, OP!

Mr. Unlucky
Nov 1, 2006

by R. Guyovich
you probably should have killed yourself.

what's better trying to salvage a lovely life or a potential restart? even if you do your best from here on it's not going to be as good as if you weren't a gently caress up to begin with.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Sophy Wackles
Dec 17, 2000

> access main security grid
access: PERMISSION DENIED.

Glad you are feeling good enough to not to kill yourself man!

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

yes. i signed a waiver saying I was okay with that. actually funny story, I tried contacting the police and the DOJ to get myself restricted from buying a gun because I knew I was suicidal and they were blindsided by the question. there's no way to voluntarily make yourself unable to buy a gun.

lol amazing.

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost
How often do you visit the planet Ogo, OP? How did things go with the barbarian hordes on Pluto?

Kirk Vikernes
Apr 26, 2004

Count Goatnackh

Suicide watch nigga
Kill yourself

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Mr. Unlucky posted:

what's better trying to salvage a lovely life or a potential restart? even if you do your best from here on it's not going to be as good as if you weren't a gently caress up to begin with.

take your own advice

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

chaosbreather posted:

- Do you ever wonder whether you're the sane one and it's everyone else who's crazy?

no, but I did wonder a few times if I might be as divorced from reality as some of the people I met in there and just didn't know it.

quote:

- Did you ever see 'One Flew Over The Cuckoo's Nest'? If so, how do you stand being around mental health professionals?

i read it. however, all of the staff were very nice and professional.

quote:

- Isn't killing yourself the same as killing everyone else on the planet if you think about it?

only if you're a solipsist.

quote:

- Doesn't depression seem like a natural response to the intensely dehumanising and meaningless modern world?

"Nihilism is not an existential quandary but a speculative opportunity." - ray brassiere

quote:

- Why is sex therapy legal but THY RAPE SEX, an anagram, not legal? Was this legal loophole the source of your madness?

it'll take some more therapy to get to the bottom of that.

quote:

- What's a computer?

a modeling device.

quote:

i'm personally very glad you didn't kill yourself as i had an ex girlfriend who killed herself some time after i stopped seeing her and its been almost a decade and i'm still not really right to be honest, it really hurts the people who care about you a lot. if you kill yourself gently caress you

i'm sorry for your loss. i'm sure you're kidding about that last part but you really don't know what it's like unless you've been at that point. please don't judge people who commit suicide.

Jose Mengelez posted:

did they take your phone off you?

they did and i had 99 texts when I turned it back on.

Three Olives posted:

So what was the plan, method and date?

i was going to acquire a gun today or tomorrow. i was planning to do it legally so it would then be 10 days from now that I would have killed myself. i was going to shoot myself in the head with a shotgun in an alley I know of, to make the mess easy to clean, with a note on my desk as to what had happened and where they could find the body. I also have access to the roof of a high rise building that I could jump off of if anything went wrong with that plan. i no longer have any intention of killing myself whatsoever.

ORIGINAL GANGSTER posted:

i had some emotional/social challenges that triggered a really severe depressive episode. i'd left my depression untreated for about 10 years, so i had spent all that time beating myself up and feeding into my own low self esteem. i felt that i had completely forgotten any motivation to go on, and i couldn't even understand why others felt motivated to do things in their lives.

A CRUNK BIRD posted:

Why wouldn't you?

true

MiracleWhale posted:

op i'm very glad you didn't kill yourself and i hope you are now on the path to feeling better

i do have a question tho which is can i easily get laid at group therapy sessions like in the hit hollywood movie fight club

thank you for your kind words. it probably is pretty easy to get laid at group therapy, but it seems like you might be saying you want to deliberately take advantage of vulnerable women.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
You should get a pet to keep you in responsibility.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

Mr. Unlucky posted:

i actually don't know if i agree. i'm still processing everything but I think i've come away with a unique perspective on some stuff.

Fergus Mac Roich
Nov 5, 2008

Soiled Meat

notZaar posted:

You should get a pet to keep you in responsibility.

i'd looooove to get a dog, but my house is full enough as it is.

FedEx Mercury
Jan 7, 2004

Lipstick Apathy
My cat just died and I kind of feel like dying too so the inverse must be true as well.

MiracleWhale
Jun 30, 2015

Fergus Mac Roich posted:

thank you for your kind words. it probably is pretty easy to get laid at group therapy, but it seems like you might be saying you want to deliberately take advantage of vulnerable women.

you do have a point although tbh i'd probably relate better to those women than most of the ones i meet in everyday life :qq:

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
If I was ever going to kill myself, I would want to do it in a way such that my organs could be saved and harvested. I just can't stand the thought of organs going to waste

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Applewhite
Aug 16, 2014

by vyelkin
Nap Ghost

EXTREME INSERTION posted:

If I was ever going to kill myself, I would want to do it in a way such that my organs could be saved and harvested. I just can't stand the thought of organs going to waste

gently caress that. If I were gonna off myself, it would be by swallowing Ice Nine. Have fun recovering my body, suckers!

• Locked thread