Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yep, that epidemic mosquito virus cited for lots of hosed up deformed babies might not actually be Zika virus. It might in fact be caused by a chemical that they put in to the water supply by Argentina to try and control the mosquito population. What does the chemical do you ask? Its a larvicide designed to gently caress up the mosquito larvae and stop them from reproducing, perhaps not something you would want to drink?

http://secondnexus.com/ecology-and-...5b23c08d4b800ea

The Article posted:

The Zika virus has been blamed for thousands of cases of the birth defect microcephaly, a condition in which babies are born with severely shrunken heads and brain damage. But now a medical organization is challenging that connection, saying that the chemical larvicide Pyriproxyfen is instead to blame.

The Argentine organization Doctors in the Crop-Sprayed Towns says that most affected children live in areas in which the chemical was added in 2014 to local drinking water in an attempt to control mosquito populations. The larvicide is used to create malformations in mosquito larvae, in order to impair their development and reproductive abilities. Pyriproxyfen is manufactured by Sumitomo Chemical, a Japanese strategic partner of Monsanto.

Second Nexus
Credit: Source.
“Malformations detected in thousands of children from pregnant women living in areas where the Brazilian state added Pyriproxyfen to drinking water are not a coincidence, even though the Ministry of Health places a direct blame on the Zika virus for this damage,” said the doctors.

While the Zika virus has been found in a tiny percentage of cases of women who gave birth to babies with microcephaly, it may be a co-existing condition. A survey of more than 3,000 pregnant women diagnosed with Zika found no evidence of microencephaly and birth defects have not been associated with previous outbreaks of Zika, which occur regularly. The doctors also noted that birth defects have not been found in other countries affected by Zika, such as Colombia, which has not seen a single case of microencephaly, despite a massive Zika outbreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

i'm gonna name my tech-death band Zika

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I was hoping it was genetic so I could experience the Children of Men movie in my life time, but alas.

Falun Bong Refugee
Dec 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
Wasn't that technology developed by the Gates Foundation?

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

But I want something good
to die for
To make it beautiful to live.
Yams Fan

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yep, that epidemic mosquito virus cited for lots of hosed up deformed babies might not actually be Zika virus. It might in fact be caused by a chemical that they put in to the water supply by Argentina to try and control the mosquito population. What does the chemical do you ask? Its a larvicide designed to gently caress up the mosquito larvae and stop them from reproducing, perhaps not something you would want to drink?

Second Nexus is a garbage source on par with the Daily Mail. Quote a real source, not just what George Takei shares on facebook.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BLARGHLE posted:

Second Nexus is a garbage source on par with the Daily Mail. Quote a real source, not just what George Takei shares on facebook.

I will share whatever loving source I want rear end in a top hat.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Well, that was a reference-free garbage article. I wonder why that might be?

Second Nexus posted:

About Second Nexus

Second Nexus is a New York City-based digital publication bringing newsworthy content in close conjunction with a powerful network of social media platforms. Our mission is to declutter the Internet highway by providing content that not only entertains but enlightens.
Our Mission

Second Nexus explores humanity’s outlook as we hurtle towards a new and unknown future. As the speed at which our technologies advance renders the next stage of our development unpredictable, questions of social justice, sustainability and the human condition become far more than academic. Advancements in shared knowledge and unprecedented access to information have not always resulted in us putting forward our best selves; Second Nexus aims to raise the level, and the tone, of the conversation.

http://secondnexus.com/about/

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug
So the chemical they developed to prevent the spread of retard babies ended up being the cause of retard babies?

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

ArbitraryC posted:

So the chemical they developed to prevent the spread of retard babies ended up being the cause of retard babies?

Only of the Slick Goku variety, apparently.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

ArbitraryC posted:

So sayeth the unsourced clickbait article

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

I will share whatever loving source I want rear end in a top hat.

I take your soft cock into my trembling hand, squeezing slowly as it becomes engorged with warmth, harder and harder by the second.
Its angry eye stares at me, daring me to insert whole into my mouth. I close my eyes and open my mouth, tongue wet and welcoming, hoping it will somehow fit all the way down my throat.

glowstick party tonight
Oct 4, 2003

by zen death robot
Let me tell you about how HIV is not the virus that causes AIDS...

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Justin Tyme posted:

So it shall be

ArbitraryC
Jan 28, 2009
Pick a number, any number
Pillbug

Justin Tyme posted:

I would like to think there was a long study on potential side effects done before dumping chemicals into the water supply but this is south america we're talking about so it wouldn't really surprise me if there wasn't.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
no its the immunizations

shelley
Nov 8, 2010
zika is pretty cool bc it's carried by the same mosquito that carries dengue and yellow fever, Aedes aegypti. (malaria, for instance, is transmitted by Anopheles mosquitoes)

it's interesting to watch an entirely new disease emerging before our eyes :/

peanut
Sep 9, 2007

(´д`|||)

The Biscuit
Jul 2, 2007
Half of everything is luck.

BLARGHLE posted:

Maybe so, but would they really want to get their asses sued off?

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
Im just tired of seeing pics of deformed babies on mainstream news sites. Their heads are all weird & Im eating lunch here.

FuckenPunchOn
Nov 9, 2013
So, the condition is most prevalent in areas where the mosquito problem was so big that the government was using larvicide to control them?

:aaaaa:

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

Supreme Allah posted:

Im just tired of seeing pics of deformed babies on mainstream news sites. Their heads are all weird & Im eating lunch here.

stop eating lunch in front of a mirror then

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

The Biscuit posted:

Maybe so, but would they really want to get their asses sued off?

I'm not sure what "they" you're referring to.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

To be honest, who would you guys rather believe, the totally honest Argentinian government or a tabloid newspaper? I think I will take my chances with the tabloid.

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

To be honest, who would you guys rather believe, the totally honest Argentinian government or a tabloid newspaper? I think I will take my chances with the tabloid.

Depends on which one can produce better sources.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

shelley posted:

it's interesting to watch an entirely new disease emerging before our eyes :/

it was first isolated in 1947. it's not new, there's just not much literature on it because it never affected white people

the only reason people care now is because the olympics are going to be held in south america, attracting white people and putting them at risk. hth

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

Blue Train posted:

it was first isolated in 1947. it's not new, there's just not much literature on it because it never affected white people

the only reason people care now is because the olympics are going to be held in south america, attracting white people and putting them at risk. hth

Also, because it is spreading into the US

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Brown babies are cheap and plentiful

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

BLARGHLE posted:

Also, because it is spreading into the US

there have been a few cases where its been sexually transmitted from [white] people who have traveled, yea

Pannus
Mar 14, 2004

Blue Train posted:

there have been a few cases where its been sexually transmitted from [white] people who have traveled, yea

so goons should be safe from the zika virus, is what you're saying

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Panniculus Rift posted:

Yep, you either have to have sex or go outside. Goons are safe.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

Yep, you either have to have sex or go outside. Goons are safe.

finally, evolution works in our favor

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe
:sax::sax::sax:this whole zika virus bullshit is going to be an excuse to attempt a global gene drive by the NWO. Shortly thereafter, specific genetic populations will be rendered sterile. its the only way to save the planet. stop global warming. desertification, water shortages, ecological collapses, resource wars, and gays. :sax:

BLARGHLE
Oct 2, 2013

to die for
Yams Fan

The Drowned Dog. posted:

:sax::sax::sax:this whole zika virus bullshit is going to be an excuse to attempt a global gene drive by the NWO. Shortly thereafter, specific genetic populations will be rendered sterile. its the only way to save the planet. stop global warming. desertification, water shortages, ecological collapses, resource wars, and gays. :sax:

I feel like I've seen this exact post before, and it was just as bullshit then as it is now.

Kempo Yellow Belt
Jan 5, 2012
Fun Shoe

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

better source: http://www.nature.com/news/proving-zika-link-to-birth-defects-poses-huge-challenge-1.19330

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmJC3ZaXBEc

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty
lol op literal got sucked in by vaccines cause autism science GOOD WORK YOU loving TWERP jesus loving christ

A Stupid Baby
Dec 31, 2002

lip up fatty

Panniculus Rift posted:

what goon pad is complete without standing water in the bathroom. idiot.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

BLARGHLE posted:

I feel like I've seen this exact post before, and it was just as bullshit then as it is now.

kyooooooooooon

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
shut the gently caress up mcdowell you're the worst poster on the forums

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

cram me sideways
Apr 26, 2015
agent orange strikes again

• Locked thread