Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Yep, that epidemic mosquito virus cited for lots of hosed up deformed babies might not actually be Zika virus. It might in fact be caused by a chemical that they put in to the water supply by Argentina to try and control the mosquito population. What does the chemical do you ask? Its a larvicide designed to gently caress up the mosquito larvae and stop them from reproducing, perhaps not something you would want to drink?

http://secondnexus.com/ecology-and-...5b23c08d4b800ea

The Article posted:

The Zika virus has been blamed for thousands of cases of the birth defect microcephaly, a condition in which babies are born with severely shrunken heads and brain damage. But now a medical organization is challenging that connection, saying that the chemical larvicide Pyriproxyfen is instead to blame.

The Argentine organization Doctors in the Crop-Sprayed Towns says that most affected children live in areas in which the chemical was added in 2014 to local drinking water in an attempt to control mosquito populations. The larvicide is used to create malformations in mosquito larvae, in order to impair their development and reproductive abilities. Pyriproxyfen is manufactured by Sumitomo Chemical, a Japanese strategic partner of Monsanto.

Second Nexus
Credit: Source.
“Malformations detected in thousands of children from pregnant women living in areas where the Brazilian state added Pyriproxyfen to drinking water are not a coincidence, even though the Ministry of Health places a direct blame on the Zika virus for this damage,” said the doctors.

While the Zika virus has been found in a tiny percentage of cases of women who gave birth to babies with microcephaly, it may be a co-existing condition. A survey of more than 3,000 pregnant women diagnosed with Zika found no evidence of microencephaly and birth defects have not been associated with previous outbreaks of Zika, which occur regularly. The doctors also noted that birth defects have not been found in other countries affected by Zika, such as Colombia, which has not seen a single case of microencephaly, despite a massive Zika outbreak.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

BLARGHLE posted:

Second Nexus is a garbage source on par with the Daily Mail. Quote a real source, not just what George Takei shares on facebook.

I will share whatever loving source I want rear end in a top hat.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

To be honest, who would you guys rather believe, the totally honest Argentinian government or a tabloid newspaper? I think I will take my chances with the tabloid.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Panniculus Rift posted:

so goons should be safe from the zika virus, is what you're saying

Yep, you either have to have sex or go outside. Goons are safe.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Eonwe posted:

What's the next virus craze going to be guys

I dunno, but I hope the next virus craze actually kills some Americanos

• Locked thread