Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Looking through the PDF, how fast is PC/NPC generation? Because PCs and NPCs being constructed the same way gives me horrifying flashbacks to 3.PF, among other systems.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

I can't find any mention of it, but when assigning stats, do the stats begin at 1 with no purchase (leaving you with 25 attribute points to spend) or do you begin from 0 (meaning you actually have 20 attribute points to spend)?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

Can you use Smart Area of Effect on Barrier Core to selectively remove squares of Barrier, or is SAoE pointless on Barrier?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

ProfessorProf posted:

I don't think I've ever considered that combo! I guess by RAW it's fairly open to interpretation, but I'd rule that you can. It definitely wouldn't break anything.

Personally, by RAW I'd say that it's nonfunctional since the effect of SAoE is "You can choose not to affect targets in the area of effect of this attack." Barriers aren't attacks, and lack targets, and cannot be placed on characters anyways.

But that's being a bit strict strict with the wording and definitely something I'd only hold up in discussion cases like this :v: I asked because SAoE can apply to any tech with Blast/Line, and Barrier is a tech with a free level of Blast/Line. I thought it might be fun to make Burst 1/2 cages with openings for a fellow ally to do a psuedo-Thunderdome with an exit.

• Locked thread