Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Can you pull of the fusion dance with this system? Not a deal breaker, if not: it can be a very hard thing to pull off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Yet where is that woman now? Tell me, in what heave does she reside? None of them. Because no God bothered to listen or care. If that is what you think it means to be a God, then you and all your teachings are welcome to do as that poor women did. And vanish from these realms forever.
Do you guys have some fillable character sheets?

Also, how would the game go if you cut down season restrictions or outright give people skills for free. Like, ruling that Flight is free and season 1 for a DBZ game.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Perfect! I love fillable character sheets.

I'm thinking of doing a weird DBZ (I suppose it's more apprioate to say Dragonball Super, in this case) game where everyone is a Sayian from Universe 6, the universe were sayians grew to become protectors of the universe. It's good to know those rules work them.

What lead to you guys making this game?

Also, I strongly reccomend against brick and mortar stores. I don't feel people buy books from brick and mortar in general as much anymore and it requires physical inventory, which has its own added costs.

Covok
May 27, 2013

If anyone is interested, I got a recruit up for that Dragonball game I mentioned.

ProfessorProf posted:

In short, because it didn't exist. We both like ridiculous fightmans anime, and we couldn't find an RPG that properly captured the feel. So, we decided to fill the niche.

A lot of the early mechanical inspiration came from D&D 4e, Super Robot Wars, a few failed homebrews of my own, and a bunch of D&D 3.5e homebrews Void did with similar objectives.

Well, I'm glad it worked out for you then. I have to imagine the Valorous Foes book must be pretty fun to write considering it is making a bunch of crazy villains and character.

Edit: Also, I bookmarked my copy of the pdf, if you want some help getting it bookmarked.

Covok
May 27, 2013

So, I bought a physical copy in a print+pdf bundle, but the tracking I got for the package isn't working. Is that just an irrelevant clerical error on the system's part or an error that needs fixing?

Covok
May 27, 2013

Tsilkani posted:

I'm experiencing the same issue.

Also, I dunno if it's just me, but that pdfs seems to be incredibly unoptimized and prone to not loading tables correctly.

Hopefully, it's just because they chose not use usps and not due to an issuse with our orders.

Also, yeah, the pdf is more than a bit unoptimized. It can take a while to load.

Covok
May 27, 2013

Hey, does taking Damage Increment stack? Like, if you're surprised and substitute with muscle guard, do you take their damage increment twice?

Covok
May 27, 2013

What's the point of the muscular strike, intuitive strike, etc. modifiers, exactly? Does it mean they must use that attribute to defend without substitution?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Covok
May 27, 2013

Change Attributes skill, can it only be used with a transformation or with any boost technique?

• Locked thread