Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
Some comments/suggestions:

- Toss out Lynn Swann, he's stupid and overrated. Add Ray Guy. Punters are good and cool and rule. If you insist on another WR, Cris Carter or Lance Alworth.

- As cool as Bo Jackson was, there's a couple of HoF-caliber backs who should probably be on the list instead of him (LaDainian Tomlinson probably being first among them, I'm a sucker for Curtis Martin even though I know he'd be probably the first RB out).

- Ozzie Newsome is cool and all but I don't think anyone is going to consider him even the greatest tight end of his own era (The non-public masturbating Kellen Winslow, who is more deserving of this topic). Just to balance out the punter I suggested before, I'd say add a kicker like Morten Andersen or Vinatieri.

- Get rid of Tom Brady and put in some honest QB's, like Sexy Rexy or Super Bowl Champion Jared Lorenzen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret
And Tarkenton should go before any of them.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Atticus Finch posted:

Well, we've got a tie so far. No idea how to handle this. This'll stay open until someone gets a vote.

gently caress it, take 'em both out!

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MrLogan posted:

Time to kick out another Steeler, right?

I'm totally fine with this. Ham or Lambert?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Tarkenton, and probably Staubach, should go out before Marino.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I think it is time for Fran Tarkenton to make his exit. I mean, come on, he's a man named Fran.

I'm sold.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Flikken posted:

I propose to those voting to keep Jerry Rice in that we target Steelers players.

May I recommend Jack Lambert?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

b0ng posted:

I feel sad and vindicated that Bo is gone. I am now jumping on the gently caress Warren Sapp Train™

This would also be highly acceptable, IMO.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

NC-17 posted:

Get rid of all the quarterbacks first. They're not even real football players.

Only if we add punters.

Jeff Feagles forever.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Tarkenton is the weakest of the QB's remaining, so I wouldn't mind sending him packing. Also, I feel like Lee Roy Selmon is hanging around purely because we've forgotten he is on the list...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Dan Marino has a ring, you can see it here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gvBWwn0HsIw

Bruce Smith has four :thurman:

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Atticus Finch posted:

It's an offensive lineman's time. It's Art Shell time.

If you want to throw out another offensive lineman, I'd vote Orlando Pace or Forrest Gregg, and probably John Hannah, before Art Shell.

Staubach, Largent, and Selmon all seem like good candidates to me. May I also suggest Mel Blount or Ray Lewis cause gently caress it?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Volkerball posted:

Tied at 4. Friends of Rice, let this be your finest hour. Vote Favre.

This feels dirty when Staubach is still around... But nearly as dumb as voting Rice out at this stage, so gently caress it.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Staubach next, m'kay?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Flikken posted:

I'm starting to doubt your AFC North gently caress the steelers cred. He's the last one left, he's not a number 1 player.

Rod Woodson doesn't count as a Steeler?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Forrest Gregg or John Hannah I think should be the next o-lineman to go, but tossing either O.J. or Marcus Allen to limit the RB's would be fine too. And really, Lee Roy Selmon should also go in the next two or three rounds...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Volkerball posted:

OJ, Singletary, Blount, and Lott stand out to me.

I'm fine voting out Blount.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Atticus Finch posted:

Also I think Antonio Gates and Mike Singletary are closing in on the "time to seriously discuss" category.

I'd vote out Derrick Thomas before Singletary, speaking just of the linebackers.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Atticus Finch posted:

Bring me the head of John Hannah or Deacon Jones.

John Hannah or Lee Roy Selmon. Deacon should slap his way a bit further along.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Blarfk posted:

Real talk I have nothing against Rice whatsoever I just think this whole thing might be a tad more interesting if we could eliminate him early and see what happens rather than spend 6 months counting down to the de facto winner of every single "best football player of all time" discussion ever held because it's a forgone conclusion and boring as poo poo

Rice probably would have been voted out already had the whole Rice/Marino circlejerk of agreements trying to get him voted out hadn't started so early on. It would have happened naturally, like Tom Brady and Elway.

Unrelated, but I still love that word filter.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Mel Mudkiper posted:

So I realized today the only actual way to effectively troll me but I won't reveal it

But its pretty obvious if you think about it

We can vote in Tim Tebow as the greatest?

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
:manning: über alles

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Lee Roy Selmon or Bruce Smith.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
It's time for a running back.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

Atticus Finch posted:

We should start discussing Olinemen because that's a logjam.

Yeah, but which one first? I'd say Otto, Jones, or Ogden...

Also, Lee Roy Selmon and some of those running backs need to go...

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

b0ng posted:

Lee Roy Selmon is going to win and most of y'all have no loving idea who he is.

Edit I include myself in not knowing who he is

I once drove on the Lee Roy Selmon Expressway while going up to Tampa to see Rush last year. There was no traffic. Thus concludes my Lee Roy Selmon knowledge.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret

MrLogan posted:

Any cowboys left?

Owens was there for a few years, but that's it at this point.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
Limp Bizkit. Add in Derek Lokey.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Wedge Regret
It should be Ray Guy vs Morten Andersen vs... Some other special teamer (Steve Tasker? Jeff Feagles? Some long snapper?)

• Locked thread